"back to hanger"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Desmios #1 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 662 battles

Is there any penalty going back to hanger early?

Couple situations:

1minute left in game, will take 90seconds or so to even reach a field/plane -- rather than do nothing for a minute+, back to hanger.

Running a mission that requires victory, but you get stuck with retarded bots that will guarantee a defeat, back to hanger.

For instance, I had to earn 36k base XP with german/jap planes, to do it, I needed to win.  When it became clear we had no hope of winning, I'd back to hanger.

I haven't seen any penalties, but I want to make sure.

Thanks all!

vcharng #2 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1673 battles

There are guys who get back to hangar before the countdown even ends because their daily mission requires a cap point not present in this game.

Given the fact that they didn't disappear, I think the penalties are minimum to none.

Mercsn #3 Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 969 battles

Eventually you'll get reported enough or someone like me will vid cap you dropping match early and submit the clip to wg and since you're violating their "fair play" rules, you risk them taking some action against your account such suspension or ban.

Plus, you're earning bad Karma.  And, what goes around comes around.  There's very few people who drop early. You'd be joining a prestigious group of genuine Dbags.

And, it's often possible to flip a match right up until the end, unless the other team gains superiority. 

If you are in a 1 v 1 with only bots as teammates, I doubt the other human, your opponent, will care if you drop early. But, you better be using a mod to show if you have any human teammates, or you risk what I mention above. 

At higher tiers, 7+, more bots start getting veteran or ace skill level.  It's entirely possible at these tiers that one team has higher skill level bots in more useful planes and really decide the match, regardless of what the single player on either team do.  But, these matches are usually fairly short anyways. 

People do notice when you leave early. If you get a reputation for it, even if WG never takes action against you, the next time you need help (as you recently asked for), somebody will call you out and remind people that you're one of those prestigious few Dbags who drop matches.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

gerr22 #4 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 805 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ

Mercsn  you are quick to judge example i die as i am re spawning game bombs i re enter and find myself in hanger game over am i a Dbag ?????

just asking

OtterWolf #5 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 109 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postgerr22, on 09 January 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

Mercsn  you are quick to judge example i die as i am re spawning game bombs i re enter and find myself in hanger game over am i a Dbag ?????

just asking

@Mercsn is not quick to judge...  the three situations you listed in your OP, are questionable behavior.

Desmios #6 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 662 battles

View PostMercsn, on 09 January 2018 - 04:02 AM, said:

Eventually you'll get reported enough or someone like me will vid cap you dropping match early and submit the clip to wg and since you're violating their "fair play" rules, you risk them taking some action against your account such suspension or ban.

Plus, you're earning bad Karma.  And, what goes around comes around.  There's very few people who drop early. You'd be joining a prestigious group of genuine Dbags.

And, it's often possible to flip a match right up until the end, unless the other team gains superiority. 

If you are in a 1 v 1 with only bots as teammates, I doubt the other human, your opponent, will care if you drop early. But, you better be using a mod to show if you have any human teammates, or you risk what I mention above. 

At higher tiers, 7+, more bots start getting veteran or ace skill level.  It's entirely possible at these tiers that one team has higher skill level bots in more useful planes and really decide the match, regardless of what the single player on either team do.  But, these matches are usually fairly short anyways. 

People do notice when you leave early. If you get a reputation for it, even if WG never takes action against you, the next time you need help (as you recently asked for), somebody will call you out and remind people that you're one of those prestigious few Dbags who drop matches.

Thanks for the advice merc!

Good news is my missions are all complete!  Got my ME 209 TL & J8M!

Wouldn't usually drop, but I only had 13 hours to do that ME 209 TL mission.

No dropping anymore now though :)

P.S. The mod pack on our forums adds a * to any bot player, so you can easily tell who is bot and who is human.

Edited by Desmios, 09 January 2018 - 06:00 PM.

Mercsn #7 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 969 battles

View Postgerr22, on 09 January 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

just asking

You are talking about a completely different scenario than the OP was.  Unless you crash every game and in that case I'd call "[edited]" anyways.  The OP was saying he planned to drop out of any match he deemed a loss so he could move on to the next match because he needed win for meeting a mission scenario.  Dropping guarantees a loss.  And we've all had games where we came from behind after squall to win.

Desmios #8 Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 662 battles

View PostMercsn, on 09 January 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

You are talking about a completely different scenario than the OP was.  Unless you crash every game and in that case I'd call "[edited]" anyways.  The OP was saying he planned to drop out of any match he deemed a loss so he could move on to the next match because he needed win for meeting a mission scenario.  Dropping guarantees a loss.  And we've all had games where we came from behind after squall to win.

These are 1v1 matches though, I play late at night like 2 or 3 am EST.  If the bots all cluster up and get hooked on one spot, there really is no point in playing for me imho.  Just let the other feller have his fun and tear them up; no point in me wasting my time.  The albion missions are only 24hrs (as you know Im sure).

I am hoping they give us control over bots in 1v1s because thats a lot my matches; especially with my new T8s late at night.

Thanks for your help by the way mercsn, without you I wouldn't have got my J8M :)  (which I now really like!)

Edited by Desmios, 10 January 2018 - 05:28 AM.

Zapperguy #9 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

If you're sure it's 1v1, I don't see a problem with you bailing. No player on your team is negatively effected, and your opponent should have an easier win. If you're cool with the loss, then back to the hangar with ye.

:) 

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

Mercsn #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 969 battles

View PostDesmios, on 09 January 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

These are 1v1 matches though, I play late at night like 2 or 3 am EST.  If the bots all cluster up and get hooked on one spot, there really is no point in playing for me imho.  Just let the other feller have his fun and tear them up; no point in me wasting my time.  The albion missions are only 24hrs (as you know Im sure).

I am hoping they give us control over bots in 1v1s because thats a lot my matches; especially with my new T8s late at night.

Thanks for your help by the way mercsn, without you I wouldn't have got my J8M :)  (which I now really like!)

According to a recent reply to a ticket from customer support, we do have control of bots and they should respond to prompts such as attacking X sector.  Of course, since nobody at WG actually plays the game, they don't understand that what they are saying is completely false.

I also play at odd hours and find that in tier 7 plus matches, the mismatch in bot ai per aircraft type can make matches horribly unbalanced.  And, with only 1 v 1 humans, it's not really "pvp".  It's more like BvB with human observers just along for whatever ride the bots take them on.  So, I can understand the desire to drop a match where your team gets ace bots in GA and the other team gets ace skill bots in HF's.  The game's decided at the start.  WG is tired of seeing my tickets on this.   And, if you have the mod that shows humans/bots, as I mentioned in my 1st reply, there's not much harm in dropping if you're sure there's no other humans on your team.

Congratulations on your new planes and here's hoping they do give us bot control and balance the bot skill levels by aircraft so tier 7+ matches are worth playing.

vcharng #11 Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1673 battles

I just noticed that in 2.0.3, when someone left the game halfway, the system will stop one bot from the other side from respawning.

The "frozen" bot will be the same tier and role as the quitter.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by vcharng, 12 January 2018 - 02:52 AM.

Furysghost #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2214 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Lately l have been getting ctd's in mid game sometimes l make it back in others l wake up in the hanger LOL. Usually they happen at battle load in for me l have noticed a few afk's lately too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users