What's in the loot crates?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dru83 #1 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1944 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Hey, so hopefully there isn't one of these threads yet, but, what have you guys been getting in your Albion loot boxes?

So far, I haven't gotten any missions or any of the new German bombers or British multiroles. I did get a Supermarine type 224 tier 3 fighter. I also received a 3 skill tail gunner for the Ju-88 that I don't have.

Beyond that, I've gotten over half a dozen hangar slots, a ton of free xp and credits, some equipment, and of course a huge stockpile of gold consumables and sparklers that I'll probably sell off after the event.

Edited because I forgot I also got some barracks spots, two xmas emblems, and camo for the 190B, Stuka, and La-5.

I'm pretty much averaging 2 event loot crates per night and buying 2 more crates as well. Haven't see much payback for the effort though.

Edited by Dru83, 09 January 2018 - 02:33 AM.

Mercsn #2 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles
Good lord, you've done a fair bit better than me.  All I find is sparklers and fire extinguishers!  I didn't even know they were giving out hangar slots, at least that's something valuable.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Wombatmetal #3 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 754 battles

I've got a bunch of sparklers and fireworks

I have gotten 3x +3 Hurricane 1 commander, 1x +3 Hurricane 2 commander, 1x +3 Tornado commander (whom I am still waiting to receive), a +3 RB 17 commander, a +3 Do 17 Z gunner (who arrived assigned to the Do 17 Z-7), a  Ju 88a gunner +3, and 2x missions for the J8M (did not do), mission for the 109 TL (tried but could not finish), and mission for the Do 17 (completed)

And assorted consumables 

Dru83 #4 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1944 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Hmm... I hadn't thought of re-assigning the rear gunner yet... I do have a Stuka I could drop him into. It's funny to see how some people get all kinds of planes and some people get almost nothing. I think the hangar slots all came from the crates I bought with tokens.

StoptheViolins #5 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:35 AM

• 1470 battles
I haven't been getting crew (got 1), been getting a cammo every now and then, but mostly consumables.  I also got most of the decals.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1885 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I've been getting... NOZZINK. Because I'm an Axis player. I think my loot has been one sparkler, a half dozen extinguishers. Some free XP (about 500) and the RB-17 mission I couldn't complete.

Yay.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Wombatmetal #7 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

• 754 battles

View PostDru83, on 08 January 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hmm... I hadn't thought of re-assigning the rear gunner yet... I do have a Stuka I could drop him into. It's funny to see how some people get all kinds of planes and some people get almost nothing. I think the hangar slots all came from the crates I bought with tokens.

I forget the name of it, but statistically rare things tend to cluster. Take baseball. You can go twenty years without a perfect game. Then you get two or three in a season, and go another twenty years. Math is solid, events cluster. So people who get good loot crates tend to get a lot of them.

But there's the downside too - one Saturday morning I detonated 3 times in my first 5 games in a ship with 70% anti det protection. I decided to play other games that day

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

• 2731 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Usually just crap like sparklers and one or two itty bitty consumables.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 09 January 2018 - 02:14 AM.

crzyhawk #9 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• 831 battles
I think the only thing of interest I got from the event crates was a Hurricane I and some perma-camos.

pyantoryng #10 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

Got Type 224, Squirrel Pancake paint, IL-40's Dragon paint, some emblems, two 3pts crew, and some gold...got 109TL mission but ignored it. Got some prem days out of it too.

If you spare zero nickels on all three titles then these boxes are a whole lot more valuable than it is...if you have the money to shell, not so much, you are praying for early access, rare low tier prem, and silly paints.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 485 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Fly for 3 hours, fight like the devil...

alienate yourself from family and friends...

then it happens... oh yeah... I hit a WG HOMERUN with this:

... hehe, yep... the motherload...

WT got nuthin' on dis game...
:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Postal_Monkey #12 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

Senior Airman

• 1561 battles
  • [FK] FK

I didn't even know you could get crew from the boxes, that's kinda cool. I'd even take some camo cuz pretty.

In all seriousness, I am new to the game so when I got the J8M offer, I'm trying to grind it because its a free plane. Other than that I think I got a tier II plane of some sort and some gold consumables and sparklers.

I'd love to get some hanger slots tho. I'm grinding up two lines (Supermarine Swift line & ME 262 HGIII) and I have like a few planes so far on each line I'd love to keep but can't :(

SpiritFoxMY #13 Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1885 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 09 January 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

I didn't even know you could get crew from the boxes, that's kinda cool. I'd even take some camo cuz pretty.

In all seriousness, I am new to the game so when I got the J8M offer, I'm trying to grind it because its a free plane. Other than that I think I got a tier II plane of some sort and some gold consumables and sparklers.

I'd love to get some hanger slots tho. I'm grinding up two lines (Supermarine Swift line & ME 262 HGIII) and I have like a few planes so far on each line I'd love to keep but can't :(

You'll get promos in the premium shop from time to time with with cheap hangers. You can check it out - I got ten hangers for about 15 dollars at one point

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

hoom #14 Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:53 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3498 battles

I got a Hurricane I & a 3pt Hurricane II pilot yesterday :) 

Otherwise, couple of Mission Impossibles, decent chunk of Free XP (1500 a couple of times, 500 also), several hundred Gold, some Tokens, pretty poor amount of Silver, various Equipment, Consumables etc.

Edited by hoom, 09 January 2018 - 08:20 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

comtedumas #15 Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

• 4220 battles
  • [FK] FK
I been hitting this event every day, just as hard as I could.  The first week I got crap, then I got the mission for the Hurricane II, another week went by and I got ME 109 TL, another week I got the Tornado I couldn’t finish, and last night I got the Do 217 M.  I got some pilots and gunners too.  Next event I will probably get nothing.  I don’t understand their swag policy, everybody should get good item just to make everybody want to keep playing.  

hoom #16 Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3498 battles

Oh apparently I got paint for the Hurricane I as well :)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

pyantoryng #17 Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 January 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

Fly for 3 hours, fight like the devil...

alienate yourself from family and friends...

then it happens... oh yeah... I hit a WG HOMERUN with this:

... hehe, yep... the motherload...

WT got nuthin' on dis game...
:facepalm:

It's better than those boring gold medkit or extinguishers...those don't come by often you know :trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FluffyPabu #18 Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

the best loots I got are:

all german bombers missions (done all of them)

all UK multirole missions (didnt do all of them except hurricane 1)

ME 109 TL mission (done)

around 700 gold

8 barrack spaces

4 hangers

StoptheViolins #19 Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

• 1470 battles
Keep those for later this year - nothing beats confusing your enemy like strange emissions from an enemy plane.  Noobs will think it's chaff.

Dr_Wigglespank #20 Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 707 battles

I've been playing one or two games a night just to get the first crate (usually get two for playing allies) and occasionally buy an extra with two tokens.

I've received the missions for the tier 4 & 5 Brit planes, but didn't bother after the first mission was bugged and didn't count. Since they're going to be tech tree planes, I didn't mind. I also received the mission for the Me 109 TL, which was the one mission I really wanted, but didn't have time to try to earn it. It came on a Tuesday and I usually can't play for extended periods until the weekends. If it had been a Thursday, I would have bought enough tokens to extend it. Speaking of which, anyone else think that 50 gold per token is a bit ridiculous? 

I got two 3-point German gunners. One went into a heavy fighter & I keep hoping to find a 3-point pilot to go along with him. I got paint for the I-17 & Spitfire V, but both were patterns that I'd never use.

Other than that, it's the usual consumables & occasionally a small amount of gold. The free gold is nice so I won't feel bad about using it to demount the more expensive equipment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users