American P-51 line.... pretty awful

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Mojoe_Bailey #41 Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Senior Airman

• 970 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostComradeZ, on 13 February 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

The p-51 is a joy to fly. I'd rather tear out all my finger and toe nails than to continue the extremely garbage F4U line. The 51 is faster, turns better and is generally a boss fighter compared to that fat lumbering junkpile F4Us. Count your blessings with the 51. 

​Well, about that....see...F4U is a very famous plane that did not get any justice in the WOWP current meta. I don't know why they gave it abysmal turning and altitude performance. In reality, the Corsair was a beast of a plane with a huge propeller and engine that the Japanese were scared to death of. They called it "Whistling Death" because it was so loud when it descended on them from above. The plane could boom and zoom like crazy and had a kill ratio of 13/1, meaning each Corsair shot down 13 planes before going down. That's insanely good. Talk to the devs. They don't seem to understand how good the F4U was in real life and have made it suck in this game. It's probably because they aren't Americans and haven't researched our planes properly.

An accurate game model of F4U Corsair would handle as well as a Mustang and climb almost as high, but I see a pattern where game devs think of our American planes as apples and oranges. Like, a Mustang is just a light fighter to them and a Corsair is just a multirole. In real life these planes excelled at both! LOL. There was no slow as a brick Corsair, like in this game. I don't know where these developers get these stats from. The Corsair was a HUGE danger because it could drop bombs and shoot missiles and then suddenly start dogfighting a Japanese Zero and win almost every time! Mustang could also drop ordinance and then take on German aces. Of course WOWP devs probably aren't going to make our planes as OP as they were in real life, but it would be nice if they at least tried to be historically accurate despite all the anti-American hate my country gets these days in video games and media. Every tries so hard to make our planes suck in games, but they can't change history. History says our planes kicked almost everbody's [edited]. Spitfire couldn't beat Zero in WWII, but the Corsair could, easily. What does that tell you? Current meta is wrong and inaccurate. (: 

Our planes were a huge success in real life and for this game to move forward successfully and get a larger player base...the developers MUST buff the American planes. It's the only way US Americans will play this thing again in volume. 

NovaTempest #42 Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1173 battles

View PostMojoe_Bailey, on 24 February 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

An accurate game model of F4U Corsair would handle as well as a Mustang and climb almost as high, but I see a pattern where game devs think of our American planes as apples and oranges. Like, a Mustang is just a light fighter to them and a Corsair is just a multirole. In real life these planes excelled at both! LOL. There was no slow as a brick Corsair, like in this game. I don't know where these developers get these stats from. The Corsair was a HUGE danger because it could drop bombs and shoot missiles and then suddenly start dogfighting a Japanese Zero and win almost every time! Mustang could also drop ordinance and then take on German aces. Of course WOWP devs probably aren't going to make our planes as OP as they were in real life, but it would be nice if they at least tried to be historically accurate despite all the anti-American hate my country gets these days in video games and media. Every tries so hard to make our planes suck in games, but they can't change history. History says our planes kicked almost everbody's [edited]. Spitfire couldn't beat Zero in WWII, but the Corsair could, easily. What does that tell you? Current meta is wrong and inaccurate. (:

You were mostly making sense... until right there is where things get a tad iffy.

Sure i get the patriotic thinking, but my god, in terms of armaments on aircraft we were really a barracuda swimming with great whites in the second world war. On top of that Wargaming also 'dun goofed' with a glaring hole in the German gun arsenal too, but i'll get on that in a bit.

Most of what I know comes from Il-2 Sturmovik 1946, a game that my past experience in the basics of helped me much more easily transition into this game's mechanics. While it is true we did dabble with hispano cannons, we didn't really start slapping heavy-hitting guns like it on aircraft until the tail-end of world war 2, (The P-38's are probably the best counter-arguement to this, but one of the few ones, there was also a model of B-25, a G model, that was to be equipped with a 75mm gun, though i am not sure if it was fielded and would have been insanely ungainly in a bomber.)

Meanwhile, The Japanese, the Germans, the Russians, The British and others were slapping some serious firepower into their aircraft (even just for experimenting), and could perform just as well.

- The Mosquito MK XVIII was also known as the "Tse-Tse Fly", it had a 57mm gun mounted under the belly of the plane. Though it seems from the design and placement it was mostly used against ground targets, it is worth noting this was a modification that saw production and military use.

- Another 57mm gun was mounted into the Japanese Ki-102b aircraft, from what I understand it was meant to be used against bombers specifically.

- The Italians tested a four engined bomber, designated P.108A, with a whopping 105mm gun experimentally. Think about that for a minute, a freaking gun that would be effective in a tank, on a plane...

- Then there is the glaring hole left out (IMO) by World of Warplanes in regards to the German arsenal. Along with the Mk 108 cannon, there was also the MK 103, which was intended to be a higher muzzle velocity gun that used similar ammunition. The Germans intended to use this gun in fighters, but it was too heavy to be used in the hub of their fighter craft. I do believe a proposed kit for the planned Me 209 v4 would have called for three of these guns mounted into the fighter, one in the hub, and one in each wing root. Considering that one well placed shell from an MK 108 could knock a P-47 Thunderbolt out of the sky, it would be hard to imagine the MK 103 not being capable of the same.

Although true, American fighter craft were great, its because they were designed brilliantly. It is historical fact that the F6F Hellcat (Which is for some unknown reason, along with the F8F bearcat, completely missing in WoWP) was not only developed based on the research conducted on a very crucially captured Japanese Zero, but also based on the input of pilots of the F4F Wildcat. Republic, the company responsible for creating the P-47 series of fighters, designed their planes so damn rugged because they were concerned with keeping the one thing that make warbirds in my book, the pilot.

We have record of P-51s squaring off with Me 262s, had it not been for those pilots who decided to be gutsy and square off with something never before seen in warfare, we'd never know that.

I'm not saying you were wrong, All I wanted to note that its not easy at all to lay a claim like that, considering there was a bit of luck involved too. Though in your defense, the P-51 and the F4U were famous for their blazing speed. The P-51 in Europe, and the F4U in the pacific. Though its the F6F that was known as the "Zero Killer" (You were using the claimed K/D ratio vs zeros of the Hellcat, not the Corsair, which is the highest claimed in the war, as a side note.)

And that other part I italicized? Perhaps thats true, but you have to remember, Spitfires (and radar) were what won the battle of Britain for the brits against storms of German aircraft.

Just because someone is well versed in American aircraft doesnt mean you don't need to learn how significant others for other countries were. The IL-2 wasn't called "The Black Death" by the Germans on the eastern front for nothing.
:)

Edited by NovaTempest, 28 February 2018 - 05:56 PM.

SpiritFoxMY #43 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles

I'm just going to drop a point here as a general statement: most popular perceptions of dogfighting are flat out wrong. In particular American perceptions of their "superior" aircraft is wildly inaccurate - not in relation with their superiority (which they were), but in relation to how they achieved that superiority: they didn't turn better, climb faster or totally dominate in all areas, they were powerful airplanes flown by well trained pilots lead by experienced men who knew the strengths and weaknesses of their planes and those of their enemies.

I still see people turnfighting in Corsairs and Focke Wulfs then coming here and complaining about how they got killed by "inferior" planes. Even in an arcade game like Warplanes, if you don't respect the weaknesses of your planes vs the strengths of your enemies, you're going to lose and ain't no plane gon save you from that

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

NovaTempest #44 Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1173 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 February 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

I'm just going to drop a point here as a general statement: most popular perceptions of dogfighting are flat out wrong. In particular American perceptions of their "superior" aircraft is wildly inaccurate - not in relation with their superiority (which they were), but in relation to how they achieved that superiority: they didn't turn better, climb faster or totally dominate in all areas, they were powerful airplanes flown by well trained pilots lead by experienced men who knew the strengths and weaknesses of their planes and those of their enemies.

I still see people turnfighting in Corsairs and Focke Wulfs then coming here and complaining about how they got killed by "inferior" planes. Even in an arcade game like Warplanes, if you don't respect the weaknesses of your planes vs the strengths of your enemies, you're going to lose and ain't no plane gon save you from that

Exactly where I was going with what I said, I would argue American pilots were damn well trained. There's a reason whole air groups like the "Flying Tigers" became famous. I do not think planes like the P-51, P-47, F6F and F4U were absolute crap in terms of performance, but for how many were made, and how long the P-51 and Corsair saw service, they were very well made. I'd argue the best designed aircraft were a tie between the F6F, P-47 Thunderbolt, and the B-29.

That reminds me, If the B-29 were to be in the game, not only would it be monstrous, but it would be one hell of a pain in the [edited]to take down because it had such good protection for a Bomber.

Edited by NovaTempest, 16 April 2018 - 05:28 PM.

Lt_Huber #45 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:51 AM

Senior Airman

• 735 battles
  • [RUEN] RUEN
I enjoyed the American fighter grind. I never had any major issues in T5-7, in fact at T7 I excelled, the best of the line imo. T8 things got a bit rough but was still a decent plane. However, at T9, in the Fury, I am STRUGGLING. I think once I get T10 ill be fine, but its the first time in the game I've felt the guns are genuinely too weak. 

Doc_Ebs #46 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1004 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 13 February 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

I love the F4U. But I love the Focke Wulf even more XD

I only fly the P-51K so my experience is limited to that - its a really nice plane but the lack of firepower always annoys me

You are a masochist. I hate the FW line. Free xp'd to the TA152.

SpiritFoxMY #47 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles

View PostDoc_Ebs, on 23 March 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

You are a masochist. I hate the FW line. Free xp'd to the TA152.

It did take quite some practice but these days I play the A-5 as a "fun" fighter to take out whenever I feel the need to de-stress myself. Or if I'm flighting at tier 6. Dora too although I don't play it as often since I have a bunch of other tier 7s.

I'm not really feeling the Ta152. I <3 the B.V line though.

Doc_Ebs #48 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1004 battles
  • [FPOA] FPOA

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 March 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

It did take quite some practice but these days I play the A-5 as a "fun" fighter to take out whenever I feel the need to de-stress myself. Or if I'm flighting at tier 6. Dora too although I don't play it as often since I have a bunch of other tier 7s.

I'm not really feeling the Ta152. I <3 the B.V line though.

152 took some learning but once I got the hang of her she has been a lot of fun. Surprisingly agile and nothing beats lining up on a BNZ that thinks he is gonna hit you then run for the horizon... that is until you melt his plane with 3 30s

NovaTempest #49 Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1173 battles

Since this is still going, I thought I would drop something...

So I guess I figured out that the P-51A, if you build it right, actually isn't as crappy as many might think.

I present my evidence, a game I had last night with the P-51A.

Then again, this was with only one player per side, and the other player went AFK i guess, either way after toying with the pilot skills and equipment, I think i've figured out a sound formula to allow the P-51A to kick a**.

Additional battles will further prove my setup, i'll keep you guys posted here if anything else impressive comes up.

Edited by NovaTempest, 23 March 2018 - 04:40 PM.

Hardstrike #50 Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1350 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostDoc_Ebs, on 23 March 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

152 took some learning but once I got the hang of her she has been a lot of fun. Surprisingly agile and nothing beats lining up on a BNZ that thinks he is gonna hit you then run for the horizon... that is until you melt his plane with 3 30s

Took out a fully healthy FJ-1 with one shot (volley if you want to be technical) in a head on before he could get into range with his .50's just a few weeks ago.  Such language!  Gotta fly it again soon.  So many aircraft, so little time to fly these days.
Fly crooked and shoot straight.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #51 Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 February 2018 - 04:36 AM, said:

Even in an arcade game like Warplanes, if you don't respect the weaknesses of your planes vs the strengths of your enemies, you're going to lose and ain't no plane gon save you from that

True enough, however, quite a lot of the time because of the compressed distances/altitude in game players end up facing opposition they cannot evade through speed or climb which negates their aircraft from a match.

''Play only select Japanese, Russian, and/or German aircraft (or tanks, or ships) to have more than the occasional good match or go away.'' is not a viable approach to creating a gaming title.

While playing the Mustangs I had a look at the Corsairs, but cannot see any point to even starting a line with less maneuverability & ceiling to still be outnumbered every match versus players as well as bots in TnB planes.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 23 March 2018 - 09:09 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

LMG #52 Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1402 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 23 March 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

True enough, however, quite a lot of the time because of the compressed distances/altitude in game players end up facing opposition they cannot evade through speed or climb which negates their aircraft from a match.

''Play only select Japanese, Russian, and/or German aircraft (or tanks, or ships) to have more than the occasional good match or go away.'' is not a viable approach to creating a gaming title.

While playing the Mustangs I had a look at the Corsairs, but cannot see any point to even starting a line with less maneuverability & ceiling to still be outnumbered every match versus players as well as bots in TnB planes.

Oddly enough, I find that the F4U-1 Corsair can escape most threats aside of Mustags. Can't outrun them and can't outturn them. Your best bet if you catch a Mustang with your Corsair is  shooting off something important on a head-on or boosting away while it's turning around; turnfight and diving is almost a guaranteed death

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #53 Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles

View PostNovaTempest, on 23 March 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Since this is still going, I thought I would drop something...

So I guess I figured out that the P-51A, if you build it right, actually isn't as crappy as many might think.

I present my evidence, a game I had last night with the P-51A.

Then again, this was with only one player per side, and the other player went AFK i guess, either way after toying with the pilot skills and equipment, I think i've figured out a sound formula to allow the P-51A to kick a**.

Additional battles will further prove my setup, i'll keep you guys posted here if anything else impressive comes up.

Nice play - what is your setup anyway? I'm still toodling around on my P-40. 'tis a pity there's no real Red Tails skin for the Mustangs - I deliberately transferred my african-american pilot onto the American fighter line for just that reason XD 

As for the Corsair, I've never encountered any serious problems with it: most Mustang pilots try to stay high anyway, so I've actually never fought one before. All other light fighters I can outrun because, like the Focke-Wulfs, the Corsairs have longer boosts than equal tier lights (15 seconds for the tier 6 F4U-1) so I can keep running longer than they can keep chasing. Mustangs in particular have MGs which are nice and short ranged so the planes I tend to fear the most in a Corsair are the ubiquitous Spitfire V and MiG I210 which combine long range cannon armaments with enough speed to keep up with me for an uncomfortably long time. 

Since my last post, I've had several incredible games in the P51K to the point its now my go-to credit grinder of my lineup. The firepower still isn't what I'm used to but with a nicely skilled up pilot and a full performance loadout, the plane is an brilliant fighter and well worth the money I put in.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #54 Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

This is where my gameplay experience differs from y'all; if I try to evade out of combat against a plane I cannot turn with I'll almost always take an engine or control surface critical hit and be stuck anyways.

If I end up facing a vastly skilled player or flight, the inevitable result of their first shot(s) is a pilot critical hit that renders a dogfight moot; they can't all be slinging gold ammo, but at times it sure seems like it.

I don't really get to pick and choose my encounters during a match; my first battle with the XP72 tonight I had both bot Pancakes and a bot TnB chasing me the rest of the match right from first contact.

My 76th, and last, battle this evening with the 51D earned 11K CP (w/ 2 assists, 11 kills, & 2 caps), but was a defeat - I moved the pilot and equipment onto the P47N.

I may just get out of the light fighter business past tier VII, as it seems like they struggle too much to do anything useful that affects the outcome of a match without just the right lineup on red.

Which kind of sucks really, as I'm less than eighty kay XP away from unlocking the Sabre.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 24 March 2018 - 06:32 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

SpiritFoxMY #55 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles

So I've taken the -51A out for a spin and... I have a problem with it... why is it so goddamn ugly fully upgraded? Seriously what's with the hideous nose intake on the top two engines? It's ghastly! I'm seriously considering downgrading back to the stock engine just so I get my beautiful sleek Mustang nose back.

Firepower is adequate. Much better than the 109F at least. Performance is great. This would be a keeper for me if it weren't so goddamn ugly.

SpiritFoxMY #56 Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1298 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 24 March 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

This is where my gameplay experience differs from y'all; if I try to evade out of combat against a plane I cannot turn with I'll almost always take an engine or control surface critical hit and be stuck anyways.

If I end up facing a vastly skilled player or flight, the inevitable result of their first shot(s) is a pilot critical hit that renders a dogfight moot; they can't all be slinging gold ammo, but at times it sure seems like it.

I don't really get to pick and choose my encounters during a match; my first battle with the XP72 tonight I had both bot Pancakes and a bot TnB chasing me the rest of the match right from first contact.

My 76th, and last, battle this evening with the 51D earned 11K CP (w/ 2 assists, 11 kills, & 2 caps), but was a defeat - I moved the pilot and equipment onto the P47N.

I may just get out of the light fighter business past tier VII, as it seems like they struggle too much to do anything useful that affects the outcome of a match without just the right lineup on red.

Which kind of sucks really, as I'm less than eighty kay XP away from unlocking the Sabre.

I generally get my pilot taken out at LEAST three times a match. My record is 12 (Yes, I counted. Because I was pissed). I also get my engines and controls knocked out with monotonous regularity. It hurts but in the Corsair and Focke Wulf, I can usually put enough distance to avoid getting double-critted in the engine. 

I don't worry as much about pilot crits in my 51K mostly because I can still just spray and pray. In the Focke Wulfs, it means I run like hell. Haven't played any of the Light Fighters beyond the tier 8 Ta152 so can't comment on the LF gameplay up high except I hate seeing Sabres on my team right now

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 26 March 2018 - 01:55 AM.

Reitousair #57 Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3747 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 23 March 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

I'd actually recommend getting battle-tested. So many people overlook the skill but a pilot-crit reduction AND making control surface crits not nearly as lethal is an incredible skill I never knew I wanted on so many of my planes. If you have a couple points to spare, battle-tested can make your life so much easier. Also, I have never heard of anybody but hmm... only one guy use gold ammo-and that's only on one plane-universals are run a lot more if people can afford them since, well, if you lose money running universal you can just fly other planes to recoup the cost, but gold ammo will always result in real money being wasted.

I've reached tier 10 in a few lines, and I can say LF's change a lot past tier 7. The only lines that remain consistent are the Lavochkin and Yakovlev LF lines, almost every line changes playstyle by tiers 8 or 9. Still LF's can actually massively determine the outcome of a match even against player GA's. I've had matches in my P-51H where I dominated the match all on my lonesome, chasing HF's ripping apart GA and dogfighting LF's, oh and a pinch of bomber interception. People really underestimate the thing but when you put all it's attributes to good use you can do some incredible things in it.

Still, sounds like you might want to put down the Mustang line for now and perhaps begin the Lavochkin or Spitfire lines, Spitfires are arguably "the meta" in the tiers they occupy and the Lavochkin line will never let you down if you can get the hang of the La-5 as that's the baseline for every aircraft after it in the line. TnB is far easier to learn due to the relatively simple nature of the aircraft that suit it than an energy fighter which requires fairly good knowledge of the plane to maximize the potential. Just be careful to not lean too hard on the Spits though, or else you'll fall victim to their incredible performance and never be able to fly anything else.

However, will admit, LF's can get screwed pretty hard by MM, like encountering a couple of my mates... flighted... in tier 9 aircraft... against me as the only player on my team... in a tier 8 fighter. Though I still won that match because I gave them hell and my bots were ripping apart the enemy team, it usually never works out like that.

FIight #58 Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2712 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The previous plane does not need buff, however i strongly recommend buffing F-86.

Seriously? t10 LF using t8 guns? It needs to kill enemy ME-1102s and IL-40Ps with its

6 MGs.....

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #59 Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostReitousair, on 27 March 2018 - 03:52 AM, said:

I'd actually recommend getting battle-tested. So many people overlook the skill but a pilot-crit reduction AND making control surface crits not nearly as lethal is an incredible skill I never knew I wanted on so many of my planes.

Still, sounds like you might want to put down the Mustang line for now and perhaps begin the Lavochkin or Spitfire lines

Just be careful to not lean too hard on the Spits though, or else you'll fall victim to their incredible performance and never be able to fly anything else.

I wonder if taking more criticals might have to do with connection issues as much as lack of pilot skill issues; I did try [Battle Tested] plus [Resilience] on a few pilots but saw no change from not having them.

But it is a skill I have on my Soviet attack pilot, and I'll probably take it on my Me 265 pilot (used the Pfeil task reward guy) as well instead of [Demolition] for just two bombs.

Good point about the 'Spits, and that is one of the reasons I sold the Pancake: some planes are just so good in game they're kind of boring to fly while making other lines so frustrating to queue.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 27 March 2018 - 06:42 PM.

5801234590.png

Mojoe_Bailey #60 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 970 battles
  • [FK] FK

I took two human-flown Spitfires out today in the P-38F so they are not invincible. When good boom and zoom tactics are used against them, they can get wrecked. I pretty much dived on these Spit players at high speed and burst them down. I zoomed away each time. The one in the second encounter survived and followed me for 15 seconds. Then I flipped over from the altitude I had been gaining, came back down on his nose with my cannons. Shot his engine out and he exploded in his climb. 

P51 does not have cannons, so it probably cannot do this as well. If you want the best boom and zoom fighters, I'd suggest the American line, strongest tiers V,VI,VIII, and X, and also the German heavy line, which strongest at tiers VI, IX, and X. Pure boom and zoomers and do what P51 is failing to do. 

Also, the Ta-152 is a great light fighter in the German line, which turns decent once fully upgraded, has fabulous high altitude performance, great hit points, the second best speed of any light fighter at tier VIII (P51 is first), good hit points, and sniper guns that will shatter every metal warbird at tier VIII in just one to three hits, including XF5U on occasion if you catch it from 3000 ft behind (Surprise is key). That to me is the essence of a boom and zoom light fighter. You have so much lead time. Learn to aim it and you will be deadly. (: Don't try to dogfight Spitfire XIV, which is another beast at this tier. Shoot it from high altitude dives. Watch out for heavies like XP-58 or XF5U that can rip you a new one. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users