Alpha tester returning for duty

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

IronWolfV #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 64 battles
  • [SPCTR] SPCTR

Well came back for 2.0 and all I can say is, this is the game we should of had coming out if alpha/CBT. Way better than it used to be.

Glad to be flying the unfriendly skies. WT...*shudder* yuck. This is more fun. Thanks WG for pulling your heads out of the sun shine less place and finally fixing things.

Is it perfect? No. But WAY better than it used to be. Thx WG. Just wish this hadn't tanked before coming out of open beta.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

LMG #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 788 battles
Hope to see you on my team :honoring:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Blucraft #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 862 battles

Welcome back!  I agree, IMO it's a much better game now...I tried it back in the day and couldn't get into it.  I really enjoy it now, it's got the beginnings of really good game :great:!

-Blu

GeorgePatton #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 40 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Welcome back, IronWolf!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

poisonousblood #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2655 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
hey alpha tester, you shouldnt say you are having fun in 2.0 you will trigger zhe 1.9 veterans :trollface:

IronWolfV #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 64 battles
  • [SPCTR] SPCTR

View Postpoisonousblood, on 07 January 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

hey alpha tester, you shouldnt say you are having fun in 2.0 you will trigger zhe 1.9 veterans :trollface:

I don't give a frak. That's why I don't have ulcers. Cause I know when to say I don't give a frak.

This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. You sneak up behind your enemy and you bash him over the skull. I know this, so does Scar. That's why I'm gonna kill him.

-Starbuck, Battlestar Galactica

SlickChickII #7 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 449 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostIronWolfV, on 07 January 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Well came back for 2.0 and all I can say is, this is the game we should of had coming out if alpha/CBT. Way better than it used to be.

Glad to be flying the unfriendly skies. WT...*shudder* yuck. This is more fun. Thanks WG for pulling your heads out of the sun shine less place and finally fixing things.

Is it perfect? No. But WAY better than it used to be. Thx WG. Just wish this hadn't tanked before coming out of open beta.

Welcome back ! I was in the alpha but got sidetracked for a bit. Just came back about a month ago, and really enjoying it so far.  See ya in the skies !

Mercsn #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 965 battles

View PostIronWolfV, on 07 January 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

It wouldn't have tanked coming out of beta had they not introduced the stupid, arbitrary altitude ceilings (instead of the more historical engine performance based altitude ceilings we had before 0.9, or whichever past just prior to release it was) and if they had not introduced the stupid scattergun dispersion in an effort to "make it easier for newer players" (by preventing good shots from quickly annihilating newer players too stupid to just evade).

Those 2 things hurt the population.  Then the WoWS beta pulled out a bunch of the population (from what I understand logging in once in that period to find 30 people showing online), then WG chased off more with super-long queue times in a failed attempt at "skill based match-making" and then chased off even more with subsequent "smart" decisions after that.

It's like....they want this game to fail because they don't understand the game or the people who play it.   A sure case of game designers designing the game for game designers, instead of for players.

Anywho, welcome back.  I've also returned within the last couple months after almost 4 years away.  It's definitely not perfect, but it is fun.  The flying and shooting is ok.  And the queue times are fast, albeit because of terrible bot fill-in teammates (well, terrible unless WG dials up their difficulty and imbalances the teams and then the now-not-terrible bots headhunt you).

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

trikke #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 839 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i suppose that it was easy-peasy coding to dial up the levels of bots' ferocity

but really hard to code a bot that recognizes a lost cause and redirects itself toward an easier, smarter cap, instead of acting like lemmings 

although humans do the same stupid things as the bots...  all the time

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Braincage #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1194 battles
Welcome back. Its nice to see someone with a positive attitude instead of the mud slinging I usually see here. The general consensus I've been hearing from new and old is that the game is on the right path. I'm very much excited for the future.

crzyhawk #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 626 battles
WB dude, and again thanks for getting me to give this game a try.  As you say, it's far from perfect, but still fun.

Conal_Cochran #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
Still doesnt have enough players to  have a future. Same crap developers as before with just as many complaints as before. After a while you'll get that its all smoke and mrrors.  But hey enjoy.

Braincage #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1194 battles

View PostConal_Cochran, on 07 January 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Still doesnt have enough players to  have a future. Same crap developers as before with just as many complaints as before. After a while you'll get that its all smoke and mrrors.  But hey enjoy.

Someones really salty. Growing a population takes time. WG has to overcome negative people like you afterall.

As someone who streams the game I hear it all. I hear from people who've played before and hated it but love the game now. I hear from people that are discovering it for the first time. I hear from people that heard bad things about the game before and never actually tried it but now they have and love it.

I honestly would say I hear way more positive then negative about 2.0

I've also heard more tinfoil hat conspiracy theories then I ever thought I'd hear about WG.

You WoWp guys really take everything to the next level.

SpiritFoxMY #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 743 battles

View PostBraincage, on 07 January 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Gotta have a hobby

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 07 January 2018 - 11:30 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

mnbv_fockewulfe #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBraincage, on 07 January 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Someones really salty. Growing a population takes time. WG has to overcome negative people like you afterall.

As someone who streams the game I hear it all. I hear from people who've played before and hated it but love the game now. I hear from people that are discovering it for the first time. I hear from people that heard bad things about the game before and never actually tried it but now they have and love it.

I honestly would say I hear way more positive then negative about 2.0

I've also heard more tinfoil hat conspiracy theories then I ever thought I'd hear about WG.

You should've been here right before 2.0 released. Virtually everyone was against it. And since WG never advertised their game before 2.0, we'll never know if the majority would've liked the game or not.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Braincage #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1194 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 07 January 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

You should've been here right before 2.0 released. Virtually everyone was against it. And since WG never advertised their game before 2.0, we'll never know if the majority would've liked the game or not.

To be fair they aren't advertising the game in its current state either. Although i think they may once they polish it up a bit

And by everyone do you mean the 30 people that were still playing it? lol

Edited by Braincage, 07 January 2018 - 11:32 PM.

crzyhawk #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 626 battles
What I have taken away most from WoWP, is that I need to appreciate the dev team in WoWS more.  What I read here reminds me of how ships was in beta and soon after.  They've come a long way in listening to feedback.  They still aren't perfect, but the effort is obvious.  I think the devs from planes could learn a bit from the ships devs.

mullyman #18 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 31 battles

View PostBraincage, on 07 January 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

To be fair they aren't advertising the game in its current state either. Although i think they may once they polish it up a bit

And by everyone do you mean the 30 people that were still playing it? lol

​Wow.. you are funny...till you realize the number of people now isn't any better than the number of people before.   
mullyman.png

Braincage #19 Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1194 battles

View Postmullyman, on 08 January 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

​Wow.. you are funny...till you realize the number of people now isn't any better than the number of people before.   

In the time I've been playing even I've noticed an increase of real pilots in my games. 

SpiritFoxMY #20 Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 743 battles

View PostBraincage, on 08 January 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

In the time I've been playing even I've noticed an increase of real pilots in my games. 

Dude just... forget it. There's no way you'll convince them that 2.0 is doing well in any way shape or form. They're literally praying for it to fail to validate themselves 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users