Jump to content


Using Macro keys


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

CruzANDBruz #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6061 battles
  • 172
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    09-22-2016
I bought a HP Omen after the 2.0 release because my old Toshiba laptop would no longer cut the WOWP mustard. The Omen was a great investment for the money, I think. but it's probably more technologically advanced that I will ever be. Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of how to use the macro keys to my advantage and was just wondering if anyone else was binding macro keys to execute simultaneous WOWP battle interface functions. I understand they can be used to execute multiple functions simultaneously. I was thinking  along the lines of executing things like manual fire extinguisher, first aid kit and engine restarter with a single keystroke since they only execute when and if and needed (and if your airplane is so equipped), but I'm sure my thinking is limited. How do you guys use them?

pyantoryng #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles
  • 8,126
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I don't give any f* about macro...but using them for three-group weapon planes might be a good idea for all sorts of firing combination...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mercsn #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles
  • 2,966
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

I don't really see a use for them in this game.  The benefit wouldn't be anything like what you'd get from, say, a Warcraft macro that let a druid break a snare by shape shifting "power shifting" into and out of stance immediately and with one keypress. 

 


 

On fire? I press 3.

Pilot knocked out? I press 2.  


 

On fire AND pilot knocked out?  I don't press anything because I'm about to get splashed and no point in wasting the cooldowns.


 

Macro seems like overkill with no real benefit.


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

comtedumas #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4220 battles
  • 750
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 07 January 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

I bought a HP Omen after the 2.0 release because my old Toshiba laptop would no longer cut the WOWP mustard. The Omen was a great investment for the money, I think. but it's probably more technologically advanced that I will ever be. Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of how to use the macro keys to my advantage and was just wondering if anyone else was binding macro keys to execute simultaneous WOWP battle interface functions. I understand they can be used to execute multiple functions simultaneously. I was thinking  along the lines of executing things like manual fire extinguisher, first aid kit and engine restarter with a single keystroke since they only execute when and if and needed (and if your airplane is so equipped), but I'm sure my thinking is limited. How do you guys use them?

Give them a try and let us know how it works for you.  



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 485 battles
  • 2,920
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostMercsn, on 07 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

I don't really see a use for them in this game.  The benefit wouldn't be anything like what you'd get from, say, a Warcraft macro that let a druid break a snare by shape shifting "power shifting" into and out of stance immediately and with one keypress. 

 


 

On fire? I press 3.

Pilot knocked out? I press 2.  


 

On fire AND pilot knocked out?  I don't press anything because I'm about to get splashed and no point in wasting the cooldowns.


 

Macro seems like overkill with no real benefit.

 

***nerd alert***

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Wombatmetal #6 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 754 battles
  • 729
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013
I have not read this EULA, but macro keys are a violation of the EULA for tanks and ships, at least they used to be

DrSinister #7 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

    High-Tech Medic

  • -Community Ace-
  • 106 battles
  • 4,113
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 07 January 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

I have not read this EULA, but macro keys are a violation of the EULA for tanks and ships, at least they used to be

 

Technically under their EULA/TOS modding any of their titles is illegal also, but there they allow most community mods.

 

Also macros with most games, usually do not allow marcos because they can be used in botting. Usually if made a macro so that pressing 1, lets you use consumable 1, 2, 3 at the same time is considered botting since you only have to press 1 button to activate 3 items.  But if you macro that each time you press 1 it will cycle through to press 1, 2, and 3 then you are still pressing a key to use each one.  Just that some do it this way because they are limited to how many keys they can have, like on a joystick, if I had consumables on 3 JS buttons I would have used up 1/4 of my buttons.

 

But also if you are using a hardware (mouse/keyboard) device that has built in macro system it is hard to ban based off that since you need the software to use most functions of hardware devices, like my Razer Ornata I need to have the Razer Synapse running to use the Chroma feature but also that Razer Synapse is what houses the macro side of the keyboard.

 

Now I use VoiceAttack for this game but I have never set it up to do multiple button push, but I have it set that if I said "Fire" it will press the 3 which is where I normally have my Fire Extinguisher slotted at.   



CruzANDBruz #8 Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6061 battles
  • 172
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    09-22-2016
Thanks for the replies. This seems to be new territory for most of us. I may experiment with macro keys, but I doubt they'd be a great game advantage whatever the usage.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users