No one is playing Axis, and it's a shame.

Albion Axis Allied Event Balancing

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

StoptheViolins #41 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
Mmmm Tog... Used to park that thing in a hole in the middle of the field and just draw tons of fire while the rest of the team sniped.  Made bukku spotting XP.  

Until the Italians get added I won't expect this event to... Fly.  Add Finnish premiums for fun.

HazeGrayUnderway #42 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles

View PostZhoyzu, on 07 January 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

is the Me 265 bad? i was really looking forward to picking that up in a few days probably

Get the bombs, get the 30mm cannons.  When I first got the Me 265 and was getting XPs to upgrade, I hesitated from switching out the 20mm cannons for the seemingly worse 30's.  Someone suggested to do it because it changes everything with the plane.  I took the leap and have never regretted it as it makes the 265 monstrous.

German GAs are more cannons focused than RU GAs, who tend to pack a huge amount of ordnance.  Save your big bombs for the big, high value, tough ground targets (like the 4 smoke stack building at Mining Facilities).  Your cannons make quick work of most other things.  The 30's do their job very quickly despite the lower ROF and range of the 20s that it's surprising.

The 265 and 329 have great speed for a GA and it's awesome cruising along quickly to hit caps.  Also, the 265 and 329 have pretty good handling for a GA.  Combine that with the cannons being mounted on the fuselage, they are pretty accurate if you have to go air-to-air, and are great platforms if you run into another GA at a cap that you need to kill.  RU GAs have their cannons / MGs on the wings for most parts and they like to scatter.  The 265 and 329 have their cannons all on the fuselage and it's a huge world of difference.  Just beware of head-on clashes with RU GAs.  They may still have rockets.

Both RU & German GA lines are nice though.  But the 265 I felt to be a big upgrade from previous German GAs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 08 January 2018 - 03:10 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #43 Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 08 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

The teams were heavily Allied before it became clear how heavily weighted things were. Sure some people farmed wins. Sure some people were maximizing loot. And yes, doing chores.

Before all that, players still chose Allied. My dad fought in the Europe. My cousin was on the Wasp in the South Pacific. My uncle was on Guadalcanal. Lot of heritage on the Allied side, don't sell that short

IMO two things militated in this direction and not necessarily history:

1. More factions. Which means there're more likely to be more players overall assuming an even split in players. Also it means individual players have have more plane options which also encourages Allied play - you can pick from more planes in your hanger

2. Allied planes are fundamentally better in the current meta. Spitfires, Yaks, LaGGs, P40s, Corsairs, Sturmoviks compared to the Axis side which are either high speed BnZ or low n slow TnB; not a lot of all round capability

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

vcharng #44 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3740 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 January 2018 - 03:21 AM, said:

IMO two things militated in this direction and not necessarily history:

1. More factions. Which means there're more likely to be more players overall assuming an even split in players. Also it means individual players have have more plane options which also encourages Allied play - you can pick from more planes in your hanger

2. Allied planes are fundamentally better in the current meta. Spitfires, Yaks, LaGGs, P40s, Corsairs, Sturmoviks compared to the Axis side which are either high speed BnZ or low n slow TnB; not a lot of all round capability

The main problem is the there's only 2 axis nation, how much "all around capability" are we gonna expect out of this?

Germany being the nation with the most complete tech tree (currently the only nation to have all 5 categories in non-premium planes) did help a bit, but it was far from enough.

Kjim #45 Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5276 battles

Like I've said before

...the event should have been called RED or BLUE or SHIRTS or SKINS and pick any plane you want.....lol

vcharng #46 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3740 battles

View PostKjim, on 08 January 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

Like I've said before

...the event should have been called RED or BLUE or SHIRTS or SKINS and pick any plane you want.....lol

Or just like someone has suggested: give us dedicated event planes like what they did in WOWS Dunkirk event already.

Leo_1408 #47 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2777 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

Well, there isn't a WOWP for the Asia region (I live in Australia), like there is in WOWS, and these competitions are sometimes on at weird times for me. I'm on Christmas hols at the mo, so I can stay up late, but I'm not allowed on school days. I tried playing axis in the Albion thing (I got some money for Christmas and splurged on the Me109TL) but I was quickly like the only guy left standing and soon got wasted. And we are like 19 hours ahead of the USA west coast, what is like 6 pm for you is like 1 pm the next day for me, and I am usually in class at that time. It's totally not fair! :izmena:

Also, AFIK, and from what I read about WW2 - the AA are totally ridiculous. Not a single bomb would have dropped on London or Dresden if the AA had been that deadly and accurate in RL, and no aircraft destroyed another aircraft by dropping a bomb on him. Iron bombs of that time could possibly damage another aircraft by going through a wing or tailplane, but they didn't explode and destroy another plane that way - that's quite silly.

SpiritFoxMY #48 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostLeo_1408, on 08 January 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Well, there isn't a WOWP for the Asia region (I live in Australia), like there is in WOWS, and these competitions are sometimes on at weird times for me. I'm on Christmas hols at the mo, so I can stay up late, but I'm not allowed on school days. I tried playing axis in the Albion thing (I got some money for Christmas and splurged on the Me109TL) but I was quickly like the only guy left standing and soon got wasted. And we are like 19 hours ahead of the USA west coast, what is like 6 pm for you is like 1 pm the next day for me, and I am usually in class at that time. It's totally not fair! :izmena:

Also, AFIK, and from what I read about WW2 - the AA are totally ridiculous. Not a single bomb would have dropped on London or Dresden if the AA had been that deadly and accurate in RL, and no aircraft destroyed another aircraft by dropping a bomb on him. Iron bombs of that time could possibly damage another aircraft by going through a wing or tailplane, but they didn't explode and destroy another plane that way - that's quite silly.

I'm in your time zone - there's at least two of us on these forums from KUL so I only do Albion on weekend (and during the holidays around Christmas). 

Don't worry about historicity in this game - its an arcade game so its more an issue with balance I think - I hate the AA guns but only when I try to solo in anything other than a GAA. And I'm sure 99% of the bomb kills in this game are from the blast, not a direct hit.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Leo_1408 #49 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2777 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 January 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'm in your time zone - there's at least two of us on these forums from KUL so I only do Albion on weekend (and during the holidays around Christmas). 

Don't worry about historicity in this game - its an arcade game so its more an issue with balance I think - I hate the AA guns but only when I try to solo in anything other than a GAA. And I'm sure 99% of the bomb kills in this game are from the blast, not a direct hit.

Thanks for that - but I like sims better than just games (I play loads of sims - but not online,) and it would be nicer if it were more authentic. Like the Ju87 was a dive bomber in RL and it can't even carry a single bomb in this game. And the aircraft capabilities seem heavily biased towards the American and Russian planes - like both the Spitfire and the early P51 Mustang could fly rings around any USAF fighters, but that's not represented in the game. And the Bf109s which gave the Hurricanes and Spits a hard time in the BoB, are totally pathetic in this game.

pyantoryng #50 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2146 battles

I'm doing Albion while very groggy from less than 2 hours of sleep...played only two matches and went right back to sleep...

I might want to do the full 3-hour on the last day...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MARS_REVENANT #51 Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I finally had some time to get online early enough to participate... roughly for the last half hour.  I hit the random assignment button, although, it still put me to allies.  I guess it is truly random, and doesn't add to the faction that needs the most help.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

StoptheViolins #52 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
Axis had a near full team of axis tonight - I miss having all bots on my team.  All my team did was swirl on the middle cap - zero defense.

pyantoryng #53 Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:23 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2146 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 January 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

I finally had some time to get online early enough to participate... roughly for the last half hour.  I hit the random assignment button, although, it still put me to allies.  I guess it is truly random, and doesn't add to the faction that needs the most help.

You can pick factions all the way through this tine no matter how late you arrive...if you were late back in JPN threat, they put you on the understaffed side. It's pointless to wake up early just to pick side now...too late realization on my end as I really cound use that sleep............:sceptic:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

CorvusCorvax #54 Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Captain

• 4238 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostStoptheViolins, on 08 January 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

Axis had a near full team of axis tonight - I miss having all bots on my team.  All my team did was swirl on the middle cap - zero defense.

Yeah, I had a couple of games like that tonight.  We took a few points, then folks flew off and furballed in the middle of the map.  "Uhh, guys?  We're getting our butts kicked over here - could you break off from the furball and help us keep map points?  KTHXBAI."

I have enjoyed playing Axis, even though we lose a lot.  My Spit V DB605 and my Bf110B are good planes to have for point defense, or taking stuff like airfields and military bases.

Edited by Rico_CotC_, 10 January 2018 - 02:53 AM.

Also tagged with Albion, Axis, Allied, Event, Balancing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users