No one is playing Axis, and it's a shame.

Albion Axis Allied Event Balancing

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Furysghost #21 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 07 January 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

That's his point... NOBODY is playing for Axis because they know everyone else is going to play for Allies - they want 100% win rates by stomping bots and the occasional player that goes against the grain. If there's guys running tier 9-10 GA for allies on one side vs a single guy flying a fighter for axis on the other, they're going to win every time. Hence the participation trophy reference. They're not actually winning, just gaming the system.

Cheers!
Glenn

Roger dat

My comment was not meant as a challenge or call out just a statement.

However l take your point and agree.

Cheers

Fury

pyantoryng #22 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 07 January 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

That's his point... NOBODY is playing for Axis because they know everyone else is going to play for Allies - they want 100% win rates by stomping bots and the occasional player that goes against the grain. If there's guys running tier 9-10 GA for allies on one side vs a single guy flying a fighter for axis on the other, they're going to win every time. Hence the participation trophy reference. They're not actually winning, just gaming the system.

Cheers!
Glenn

All this happened because WG forgot to carry over the balancing from the previous two events...that or it was impossible to port over, and whatever is in place, they never say a word about.

...the GA oversaturation back in Thorhammer was so real that it seemed worth going over to Axis just to shoot at them with J7W3...at least they made fighters much easier to score crate points with this time.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

General_Lee_Miserable #23 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 January 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Current community values participation trophies over good competition and a chance that they might lose a battle here and there.

Coming from the guy who has played a whole bunch of il-40P in this event. So, may we assume you love yourself a good participation trophy as well? 

Mercsn #24 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1177 battles

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 07 January 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

I have flown Allies every single day for at least 2-2.5 hours which is all it takes for 4 crates and victory.  It has been so much fun and very productive too because I am only playing stock planes and planes I am grinding.  I have grinded up to tier 8 and 9 in two USA lines.  I am starting on the second USA multirole line tonight and hope to have it to tier 9 before Albion is over.  Because you are smashing BOTS you can grind each plane stock and only unlock the upgrades to the next plane nor do you need equipment or consumables.

If any of you have played WOWS's, Albion has been just like WOWS COOP mode where all players play against all BOTS but with Albion it is BOTS and Players VS all BOTS.

Also, you don't need to sit there and complete every minute of every battle because after the first 2 minutes the game is usually already over, but you can't go AFK or you don't get the mission points (so I have heard, lol) so I will put my plane in orbit and go do things around the house for 2-4 mins and then go click twice and wait another minute for the start of the next game so every game you have 4-5 minutes to kill to do other things which is nice so you get creds, you get loot, you grind planes you don't like which is what i am doing and you get a lot of stuff done around the house.  I really look forward to 6pm every night and I will be really sad when Albion is over.

This guy should be banned.  Admitting to enjoying doing nothing in a battle but fly in circles.  Admitting to essentially not playing the game.  What's the point of "grinding out" those craft if you don't enjoy playing them or playing the game?  If something is a grind, you shouldn't do it.  Do what's fun.  If the game is so unfun that you'd rather do chores than shoot bots, just quit.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

pyantoryng #25 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostMercsn, on 07 January 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

This guy should be banned.  Admitting to enjoying doing nothing in a battle but fly in circles.  Admitting to essentially not playing the game.  What's the point of "grinding out" those craft if you don't enjoy playing them or playing the game?  If something is a grind, you shouldn't do it.  Do what's fun.  If the game is so unfun that you'd rather do chores than shoot bots, just quit.

Recently, I've returned to Tanks. I don't even know why I bothered, but I somehow clawed my way to festive atmosphere level 10 playing like crap about 90% of the time...must be that M4A1 Rev I bought, must not let that gold go to waste...outside of KV-2, TOG and M24 I can't say I enjoyed much of it. Tanks has changed beyond recognition as gold shells flew around...

There are many things that drive people to do things...and fun is only one of them. Some things are indeed incomprehensible...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Wombatmetal #26 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1044 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Right now my goto planes are the Yak 7 and MiG 3. Nothing wrong with playing them. 

Quite honestly last weekend when there was a concerted effort to play Axis and they won the day, even though we lost that was the best day of the event. Good battles all afternoon.  Wish it was like that every day. 

But regardless the game "historical" battles doesn't fare well. I can't think of an event where it worked. I think what Ships did last year, the water/fire event, is a good way to go. Pick a side, choose any plane you want, and win loot

pyantoryng #27 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1678 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 07 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Right now my goto planes are the Yak 7 and MiG 3. Nothing wrong with playing them. 

Quite honestly last weekend when there was a concerted effort to play Axis and they won the day, even though we lost that was the best day of the event. Good battles all afternoon.  Wish it was like that every day. 

But regardless the game "historical" battles doesn't fare well. I can't think of an event where it worked. I think what Ships did last year, the water/fire event, is a good way to go. Pick a side, choose any plane you want, and win loot

I remember something of a historical mode in Tanks that pitted KV-1S (then tier 6, completed with D-2-5T 122mms) against stuff...it got removed shortly...that was many years ago...

The Fire vs Water thing doesn't give any sense of involvement...maybe a collective effort of entire server like the first Kami-R release might also be a good idea.

Wombatmetal #28 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

• 1044 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postpyantoryng, on 07 January 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

I remember something of a historical mode in Tanks that pitted KV-1S (then tier 6, completed with D-2-5T 122mms) against stuff...it got removed shortly...that was many years ago...

The Fire vs Water thing doesn't give any sense of involvement...maybe a collective effort of entire server like the first Kami-R release might also be a good idea.

I'm not saying doing the same exact thing, just coming up with teams. A different theme would be needed. A Kami-R event would be cool too - need something besides pearls but win a cool premium with a unique skin. 

They also have all the code in place to do a campaign - link together mission achievements to win a prize. Although the prizes are pretty meh right now. They could make it a big prize like an plane and make the missions tougher

Catch21 #29 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2631 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

One could look at it from the perspective that getting out of his cockpit to go vacuum the house is quite helpful, in that the game lasts longer and leads to more points for the rest of the team.

There are some players so keen to kill the Fascist swine as quickly as possible I've toyed with the idea of putting a round or two in their engine to slow them down.

Zigfreid #30 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9294 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

pyantoryng, on 07 January 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

There's no balancing...nor commemorative medals for playing on both sides...there's literally no reason to go over to Axis unless you have a...liking...of that side or something like that.

It's not like WG/Persha's first time doing events like this, and they managed to screw it up magnificently...

Well there are three commemorative medals for each side if you value that.

Zigfreid #31 Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9294 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 07 January 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Coming from the guy who has played a whole bunch of il-40P in this event. So, may we assume you love yourself a good participation trophy as well? 

​Mars is trying to play nice, and what is wrong with playing the IL-40P?

General_Lee_Miserable #32 Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 07 January 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

​Mars is trying to play nice, and what is wrong with playing the IL-40P?

When Mars says "community", it almost seems like he is leaving himself out of that statement. Yet, he is the epitome of how one can abuse the event for easy wins and crates. At least some of the people that play allies are doing so in tiers where there are humans each side. Those would be anything up to 6. But, I haven't heard of a Mars sighting in anything lower than T10 in anything but an il-40p. So, he should get the biggest participation trophy of anyone. il-40p is pretty much insta-win every single time in this event. 

Catch21 #33 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2631 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Then he's maybe a clever chap, not to mention whose abusing who between Persha and customer base in this event.

Plus I just hope he's on my side if he ever dips down into the lower depths.

General_Lee_Miserable #34 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles

View PostCatch21, on 07 January 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Then he's maybe a clever chap, not to mention whose abusing who between Persha and customer base in this event.

Plus I just hope he's on my side if he ever dips down into the lower depths.

And that is fine. Just don't speak of people being out to get participation trophies if you are also one of the people trying to get a participation trophy. As for me,. I split it down the middle. Played 4 nights. 2 Allies. 2 Axis. Had fun both ways. Won both ways too. Had fun. 

NL_Celt #35 Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:09 AM

Master Sergeant

• 266 battles
I played Axis last night. We generally had about 5 non-bot players. When playing Allied the night before every game save one was 100% Axis bots. In the other game we had 6 non-bot Allied and they had 5 non-bot Axis.

GeorgePatton #36 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:59 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 129 battles

BIggest issue with the event is that you need as many crates as possible to maximize your luck of getting these new planes that you can't get any other way. If you don't abuse the system, you've got a much lower chance of learning the new planes and being competitive with them. Not everyone is in it for win rate and/or participation trophy - some are, though.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

SpiritFoxMY #37 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3009 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 January 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

BIggest issue with the event is that you need as many crates as possible to maximize your luck of getting these new planes that you can't get any other way. If you don't abuse the system, you've got a much lower chance of learning the new planes and being competitive with them. Not everyone is in it for win rate and/or participation trophy - some are, though.

Cheers!
Glenn

Actually I believe this. The entire event revolves around maximizing loot potential and since almost everyone wants a shot at these new planes, why gimp yourself playing a side that starts out at a structural disadvantage? It isn't so much a desire to pad their stats so much as a perfectly rational decision to maximize their chances of getting a free premium (also hence the bellyaching about the nigh impossible missions to unlock them)

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

RECON_RANGER #38 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

Dude, take a chill pill.  You do know this is a game, right?  An online game where 75% of the games are played by BOTS.  Humans only make up around 25% of the player base and the BOTS even talk to each other prior to the match.   

I make the most efficient use of my time.  If the match is over, literally, and the BOTS can't come back why keep playing for just 10% more XP.  I would rather spend my time doing something else and then jump in the next game. 

I grinded around 125,000 XP tonight in a stock F2G except I got the rockets and 75% of my game was playing it like a GAA and hitting ground targets and then shooting down BOT GAA's to rack up XP.  I would even fly to the spawn to shoot down GAA's as they respawned, LOL.  I have to decide tomorrow if I want the Starfire or the Pirate.  Which is more OP?  I only fly OP planes. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 08 January 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Wombatmetal #39 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

• 1044 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

The teams were heavily Allied before it became clear how heavily weighted things were. Sure some people farmed wins. Sure some people were maximizing loot. And yes, doing chores.

Before all that, players still chose Allied. My dad fought in the Europe. My cousin was on the Wasp in the South Pacific. My uncle was on Guadalcanal. Lot of heritage on the Allied side, don't sell that short

General_Lee_Miserable #40 Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 08 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

The teams were heavily Allied before it became clear how heavily weighted things were. Sure some people farmed wins. Sure some people were maximizing loot. And yes, doing chores.

Before all that, players still chose Allied. My dad fought in the Europe. My cousin was on the Wasp in the South Pacific. My uncle was on Guadalcanal. Lot of heritage on the Allied side, don't sell that short

I sort of understand the heritage thing but I sort of don't at the same time. It's a game. I have a lot of family history in WW2. Heck, my Grandfather was in the Polish infantry and was captured by the Germans, spending 6 years in various camps that would become what we know as concentration camps. The only reason he survived was because he knew how to cook really well and did so for the SS officers. But, I guess I can separate real history from a game.  

Also tagged with Albion, Axis, Allied, Event, Balancing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users