No one is playing Axis, and it's a shame.

Albion Axis Allied Event Balancing

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

sword_scooter #1 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

Airman Basic

• 747 battles
Anyone notice no one is playing Axis? Well almost no one anyway. I have played so many games against all bot teams it's hilarious. My theory is it became terribly obvious early on that Allied had the advantage (duh, this is the NA server, what did they expect?) and because the winning side gets DOUBLE REWARDS, nobody wants to be on the losing side. Maybe WG should consider changing that mechanic if they plan to do something like this in the future. More players on both sides makes the games longer and more challenging... which means more opportunity to excel and gain XP, Credits or whatever you are grinding. Personally I rather enjoy the slightly increased suspension of disbelief that comes with each side being only allied or axis aircraft, it's just a shame that the balancing is so lopsided. I imagine trying to play axis at all right now in the event is frustrating as hell.
"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not! For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is." -Yoda

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
It is frustrating as hell. But we endure and in enduring grow strong.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

pyantoryng #3 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2169 battles

There's no balancing...nor commemorative medals for playing on both sides...there's literally no reason to go over to Axis unless you have a...liking...of that side or something like that.

It's not like WG/Persha's first time doing events like this, and they managed to screw it up magnificently...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Catch21 #4 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4427 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 07 January 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

It is frustrating as hell. But we endure and in enduring grow strong.

Wow, just wow. You, sir, have my undying admiration and respect. :honoring:

I trotted out in my Me110c once, and that was enough for me. I figured I'd try for a few assists at least, but if nobody can bring an Allied plane down at all, you won't get any. By the end of the battle, I was wishing WoP had put in landing mechanics so I could put in at the nearest Allied airbase to surrender.

LMG #5 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

It's a bit of a snowball effect. There are more Allied planes, so they have a higher number of players. Because of this, they get more wins while playing vs bots. Since they get double rewards for it, people that were on the losing side switch to allies, making it even more likely for Axis to lose the next time around. Personally I've been playing Axis simply because I got tired of obliterating the bots every game :amazed:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

StoptheViolins #6 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
If the 109 series had the field kits I'd probably play some more axis just to grind through the 109 series.  Right now 109's feel like a Chihuahua trying to take down a bison.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Current community values participation trophies over good competition and a chance that they might lose a battle here and there.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

SlickChickII #8 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 498 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I have flown Axis every day of the event thus far. Yes, we lose the games quite a bit, but I like the challenge.
When it started I was getting my rear handed to me badly by much better pilots.
While the wins are not coming in great frequency, it has made me play better overall, so there's that.

mdellyd #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

I have flown Allies every single day for at least 2-2.5 hours which is all it takes for 4 crates and victory.  It has been so much fun and very productive too because I am only playing stock planes and planes I am grinding.  I have grinded up to tier 8 and 9 in two USA lines.  I am starting on the second USA multirole line tonight and hope to have it to tier 9 before Albion is over.  Because you are smashing BOTS you can grind each plane stock and only unlock the upgrades to the next plane nor do you need equipment or consumables. 

If any of you have played WOWS's, Albion has been just like WOWS COOP mode where all players play against all BOTS but with Albion it is BOTS and Players VS all BOTS.  

Also, you don't need to sit there and complete every minute of every battle because after the first 2 minutes the game is usually already over, but you can't go AFK or you don't get the mission points (so I have heard, lol) so I will put my plane in orbit and go do things around the house for 2-4 mins and then go click twice and wait another minute for the start of the next game so every game you have 4-5 minutes to kill to do other things which is nice so you get creds, you get loot, you grind planes you don't like which is what i am doing and you get a lot of stuff done around the house.  I really look forward to 6pm every night and I will be really sad when Albion is over.  

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 07 January 2018 - 05:33 PM.

sword_scooter #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 747 battles
It's actually been a very useful grinding tool for Allied planes. Since every match is virtually guaranteed to be a win, you can gain a decent chunk of XP every time. As you noted RECON it reminded me very much of WOWS cooperative mode. I plowed up to the YAK-9 and got her fully upgraded, as well as getting the F4U-4 and P-38J fully upgraded just by playing them during the event. Sure is a shame the P-51 series still sucks eggs though, even against bots

View PostStoptheViolins, on 07 January 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

If the 109 series had the field kits I'd probably play some more axis just to grind through the 109 series.  Right now 109's feel like a Chihuahua trying to take down a bison.

Exactly my thoughts on the Mustangs... Pretty sure I flew a battle or two with you earlier today... 

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not! For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is." -Yoda

GeorgePatton #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Could you also maybe go vote in this poll and post in the thread?

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Zhoyzu #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• 488 battles
i completely gave up playing allies 4 days in. The easy no effort wins were so dull and boring. I can actually get my first 2 crates twice as fast as i could on the allied side. The event seems to clump players on axis together so my win rate hasnt suffered either

Perco_lator #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Current community values participation trophies over good competition and a chance that they might lose a battle here and there.

Case in point.

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 07 January 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

It has been so much fun and very productive too because I am only playing stock planes and planes I am grinding.  

Because you are smashing BOTS you can grind each plane stock and only unlock the upgrades to the next plane nor do you need equipment or consumables. 

I really look forward to 6pm every night and I will be really sad when Albion is over.  

LMG #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 07 January 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Case in point.

Though to be honest some planes are horrible to fly when stock. Out the top of my head I can say the stock Ju 87 G has very little to do as a GAA with only 20mm cannons and no ordnance, and the Me 265 & 329 don't work without bombs.

Zhoyzu #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 488 battles

View PostLMG, on 07 January 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Though to be honest some planes are horrible to fly when stock. Out the top of my head I can say the stock Ju 87 G has very little to do as a GAA with only 20mm cannons and no ordnance, and the Me 265 & 329 don't work without bombs.

is the Me 265 bad? i was really looking forward to picking that up in a few days probably

LMG #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostZhoyzu, on 07 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

is the Me 265 bad? i was really looking forward to picking that up in a few days probably

It's tricky to get used to, but it stands its ground as a GAA just fine :great:. That said, I would suggest saving some free xp to get the bombs immediately. Flying it without the bombs is not really fun :(

Zhoyzu #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 488 battles

View PostLMG, on 07 January 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's tricky to get used to, but it stands its ground as a GAA just fine :great:. That said, I would suggest saving some free xp to get the bombs immediately. Flying it without the bombs is not really fun :(

ok cool, thanks for the heads up!

Furysghost #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 January 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Hey MArs

l tried Axis 2nd day we won one game in 3 hrs.

Could have something to do with it....

GeorgePatton #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostFurysghost, on 07 January 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

Hey MArs

l tried Axis 2nd day we won one game in 3 hrs.

Could have something to do with it....

That's his point... NOBODY is playing for Axis because they know everyone else is going to play for Allies - they want 100% win rates by stomping bots and the occasional player that goes against the grain. If there's guys running tier 9-10 GA for allies on one side vs a single guy flying a fighter for axis on the other, they're going to win every time. Hence the participation trophy reference. They're not actually winning, just gaming the system.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

CruzANDBruz #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13684 battles
I too play the side of the Aliies for the double loot crate reward, but last time I played, after I'd secured my 2 crates and played all my allied air planes, I switched over to axis and played a couple of German planes. I still get the premium and X2 or X3 bonus. Haven't won an axis victory yet, but the competition is fun.

Also tagged with Albion, Axis, Allied, Event, Balancing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users