Albion RB-17 Mission for 220 TOKENS is a JOKE!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

RECON_RANGER #1 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

Dear WG, 

The Albion mission I received for an RB-17 ​for the extremely high cost of 220 TOKENS is a JOKE.  I would not buy this plane for 220 tokens let alone having to do missions on top of it. This is a real nice "REWARD!!!!!"

You know where you can stick this mission/reward/lump of coal. 

Recon

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 06 January 2018 - 04:21 PM.

General_Lee_Miserable #2 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

220 tokens is $44 in gold. That's actually pretty reasonable for a T8 plane and in line with T8 offerings in both Planes and Tanks. 

This has been standard practice for marathon type stuff. You can either do all the missions, some missions and some tokens, or just bypass the missions and pay full premium plane price. 

You can save some dough by buying 25 tanks gift boxes. I was making serious bank in gold off those. You should get enough for the plane and with some leftover. 

Edited by The_World_Needs_A_Hero, 06 January 2018 - 04:18 PM.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2146 battles
There were tier 9 cost and tier 10 cost...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

StoptheViolins #4 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
I just skipped missions 1 and 3.  Mission 2 is easy as pie.

Mercsn #5 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
You can do tasks to save tokens? Some people have tokens sitting.  Even at full cost if you buy tokens, it's cheaper than average price for teir 8 premium.  

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Catch21 #6 Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4425 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 06 January 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

The Albion mission I received for an RB-17 ​for the extremely high cost of 220 TOKENS is a JOKE.  I would not buy this plane for 220 tokens let alone having to do missions on top of it. 

Just curious, but what was the mission, since it's always an option to complete this rather than have to buy tokens? 

Zhoyzu #7 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 488 battles

View PostCatch21, on 06 January 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

Just curious, but what was the mission, since it's always an option to complete this rather than have to buy tokens? 

500 capture points in a single battle against ground targets. 
unknown to me number of AA guns destroyed

400 Capture points vs ground in a bomber in a single sortie

Braincage #8 Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles

Dear WG, 

The Albion mission I received for an RB-17 ​for the extremely high cost of 220 TOKENS is a JOKE.  I would not buy this plane for 220 tokens let alone having to do missions on top of it. This is a real nice "REWARD!!!!!"

Recon

What is wrong with you? If you complete the missions you get the Aircraft for free. Tokens are earned for free by playing the game therefore you can get this Tier 8 Bomber for free. FREE!

If you have not been earning tokens then yes you have the option of buying them and getting the Aircraft.

I don't understand the issue here... I think you just like to whine and complain a lot from what I've seen of other posts on this forum. I'm sorry you're such a miserable person.

Lady_Athena #9 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 100 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 January 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

220 tokens is $44 in gold. That's actually pretty reasonable for a T8 plane and in line with T8 offerings in both Planes and Tanks. 

This has been standard practice for marathon type stuff. You can either do all the missions, some missions and some tokens, or just bypass the missions and pay full premium plane price. 

You can save some dough by buying 25 tanks gift boxes. I was making serious bank in gold off those. You should get enough for the plane and with some leftover. 

I'd like to know when the heck 44$ for a textured aircraft became the "norm" and "Reasonable" you realize how little it actually takes to make that? You're paying nearly as much as a full scale AAA titled game, or a simple texture ingame?

I'm beyond puzzled how people can pay even 20$ for this crap, both in world of tanks since ever, and all their other games.. It's literally numbers which takes them no effort to input, and a simple mesh/texture of an aircraft they glued together from other parts of already existing models they have, which again takes almost no effort, then charging you for nearly a full AAA title game for it.

lawls.. I mean.. if you really think that's "reasonable" :teethhappy:

"You have x games" is not an argument, or defense for anything. It's a last ditch attempt to save face when you have nothing else to argue your point with.

CamuMahubah #10 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1224 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

I really think the first part of that mission is insane.

500 capture points from destroying enemy ground targets in a single game???

If someone can do that...I would love to see a screen shot.  I don't know though if you could prove it unless you have 0 aircraft kills and 0 aircraft kill assists.

I couldn't do it.  No way.  My only GA was the il2 mod and nope...wasn't gonna happen.  So I unlock tier 7 German GA from Me 410.  I can't GA.  I just don't even wanna.  I ended up hunting other GA.  I got 8 GA kills in that GA.  Lol

Maybe if I played 500 GA games I might get 500 capture points in one game.  Not in no dam 24 hours lmbo.

So I went and played another game.

Don't even sweat it bruh...it's just pixel toys for a little known game..

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5673 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 06 January 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Dear WG, 

Recon

If you think you have it bad, try and think about how I feel.  I won the RB-17 during initial bomber event.  So there is no prizing for me at all in this event... THANKS WARGAMING!  I did win th 109TL though... but now there is nothing else left for me.... except gold and tokens.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

FluffyPabu #12 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Dear WG, 

Recon

let me translate boys:

"I want free planes from a tier 8 because I cannot afford anything and I am such a b*tch! Please give me free stuff, I mean those stuff which you use to earn money for the game because you WG owe me so much for I am such a window licker!"

General_Lee_Miserable #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostLady_Athena, on 07 January 2018 - 12:13 AM, said:

I'd like to know when the heck 44$ for a textured aircraft became the "norm" and "Reasonable" you realize how little it actually takes to make that? You're paying nearly as much as a full scale AAA titled game, or a simple texture ingame?

I'm beyond puzzled how people can pay even 20$ for this crap, both in world of tanks since ever, and all their other games.. It's literally numbers which takes them no effort to input, and a simple mesh/texture of an aircraft they glued together from other parts of already existing models they have, which again takes almost no effort, then charging you for nearly a full AAA title game for it.

You aren't paying for just a model of an aircraft. You are paying the WG staff salaries, paying to keep the servers going, and paying for them to continually develop the products going forward.  This, tanks, and ships are free to play and there are a lot of people freeloading off the game. The $40 to 50$ cost for a T8 tank/plane is basically the number they need to charge the people who DO spend to keep the revenue stream high enough to keep the games and company going.  That's just a very simple explanation for something VERY complex from a financial standpoint.  

I have T8 premium tanks that I've put 200 to 500 battles of game play in EACH. Lets say I play a tank for 200 battles. Average battle might be 7 minutes. 200 x 7 = 1400 mins. / 60 = 23 hours.  You can more than double that for the couple I have that are around 500 battles. So, $50 isn't a bad return on investment when you figure how many hours of enjoyment you can get. I'll have those tanks and enjoy those tanks as long as the game is going. Seeing as though Tanks is going V1.0 finally with a really nice new engine and graphics, I might be playing those tanks for another 5 to 10 years. Who knows what the final total of hours will be that I put into each premium tank I've bought when they eventually turn the lights off. 

Edited by The_World_Needs_A_Hero, 07 January 2018 - 01:13 AM.

Braincage #14 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 07 January 2018 - 01:11 AM, said:

You aren't paying for just a model of an aircraft. You are paying the WG staff salaries, paying to keep the servers going, and paying for them to continually develop the products going forward.  This, tanks, and ships are free to play and there are a lot of people freeloading off the game. The $40 to 50$ cost for a T8 tank/plane is basically the number they need to charge the people who DO spend to keep the revenue stream high enough to keep the games and company going.  That's just a very simple explanation for something VERY complex from a financial standpoint.  

I have T8 premium tanks that I've put 200 to 500 battles of game play in EACH. Lets say I play a tank for 200 battles. Average battle might be 7 minutes. 200 x 7 = 1400 mins. / 60 = 23 hours.  You can more than double that for the couple I have that are around 500 battles. So, $50 isn't a bad return on investment when you figure how many hours of enjoyment you can get. I'll have those tanks and enjoy those tanks as long as the game is going. Seeing as though Tanks is going V1.0 finally with a really nice new engine and graphics, I might be playing those tanks for another 5 to 10 years. Who knows what the final total of hours will be that I put into each premium tank I've bought when they eventually turn the lights off. 

Well put. I don't think people understand this. Wargaming doesn't make money off of box sales and then move onto another project. They are always adding content to these games.

Wombatmetal #15 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostLady_Athena, on 06 January 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Something is worth what you are willing to pay for it. That's how the market, any market works. If people won't shell out that much money then the market will correct. 

But a lot of people do shell out that money so the consensus is, $44 is a good value for a T8 premium. 

Fwiw, modeling a new ship, tank, or plane is one of the more labor intensive things they do. It takes months to bring one into the game from inception. There is a lot that goes on to make it happen

Desmios #16 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 06 January 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Are you one of those guys in the Defender/Chrysler GF/Skorp G/Patriot shooting APCR that is ruining WoT?

General_Lee_Miserable #17 Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 320 battles

View PostDesmios, on 07 January 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

Are you one of those guys in the Defender/Chrysler GF/Skorp G/Patriot shooting APCR that is ruining WoT?

Tanks isn't being ruined by anything as far as those tanks go. Some people can handle the game and others can't. I'm not saying you can't handle it, but the people that tend to complain about gold spam are the ones who struggle to find success in the game. I noticed you are pretty much just reaching T8. Well, It doesn't get any better. You get into an all T10 match, and there is a literal Fort Knox being slinged across the map. You think Defenders are bad? Wait till you get HESH'd by a FV4005 or have a Type 5 sling gold HE at you.  But, like I said, that game isn't for everyone. 

Edited by The_World_Needs_A_Hero, 07 January 2018 - 03:43 AM.

Catch21 #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4425 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostZhoyzu, on 06 January 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

1) 500 capture points in a single battle against ground targets. 

2) unknown to me number of AA guns destroyed

3) 400 Capture points vs ground in a bomber in a single sortie

I don't care if they want $44 either outright or to buy the tokens to get this, that's my choice. But I do expect the criteria to 'win' the tokens alternatively to be adequately explained. And # 2 isn't, and that's just one example, there are a host of others.

Edited, and posted remainder here.

Edited by Catch21, 07 January 2018 - 12:54 PM.

StoptheViolins #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
It's 250 AA as stated by the 0/250 number next to the mission.  It took me about 15 battles in a GA to get it.

Catch21 #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4425 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostStoptheViolins, on 07 January 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

It's 250 AA as stated by the 0/250 number next to the mission. It took me about 15 battles in a GA to get it.

That sounds achievable. With 2 minute wait and 10 minute game, say 180 minutes or 3 hours of play.

How'd it work for you on the other 2 missions, just to get an idea?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users