Jump to content


Is camo worth getting?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Mercsn #21 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • 3,299
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostCamuMahubah, on 05 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Do we know if it works against AA?

 

If it gave 10% less flak I'd buy it. 

 

 

 

camo just reduces how far away you can be spotted.  Flak and AA always spot you.  So do defense bots.  And, defense bots report your position to players (it used to be that you had to be in a certain range "radio range" to even have your map update with enemy plane positions.  Now, it seems, if you are spotted, by anything, anywhere, you are visible to all on the other team.


 

So, camo is for looks only.  Just as the pilot view range increase (once fairly important) is now also worthless.


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

LMG #22 Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,964
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMercsn, on 05 January 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

camo just reduces how far away you can be spotted.  Flak and AA always spot you.  So do defense bots.  And, defense bots report your position to players (it used to be that you had to be in a certain range "radio range" to even have your map update with enemy plane positions.  Now, it seems, if you are spotted, by anything, anywhere, you are visible to all on the other team.


 

So, camo is for looks only.  Just as the pilot view range increase (once fairly important) is now also worthless.

 

I'd beg to differ on the pilot view range. As a GAA, being able to spot an incoming fighter from 2k meters instead of 1.7k could be the difference between a head-on engagement and and giving the enemy a free shot at you :ohmy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Wombatmetal #23 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:19 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1141 battles
  • 1,045
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostLMG, on 05 January 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

 

I'd beg to differ on the pilot view range. As a GAA, being able to spot an incoming fighter from 2k meters instead of 1.7k could be the difference between a head-on engagement and and giving the enemy a free shot at you :ohmy:

 

I'd have to agree. For GAA and Bombers in spotting/being spotted a few hundred meters can make a big difference. 

CamuMahubah #24 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1224 battles
  • 284
  • [SEELS] SEELS
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

Well I got special camo from Albion box that turns my IL-2 mod into a shapeshifter and I will have no qualms employing it sometime this week.

 

You only thought you saw a bird of prey....MUHUHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!



LMG #25 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,964
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCamuMahubah, on 05 January 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

Well I got special camo from Albion box that turns my IL-2 mod into a shapeshifter and I will have no qualms employing it sometime this week.

 

You only thought you saw a bird of prey....MUHUHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

 

I only got one for my Ju 88 P. Now I want one for my IL-2 (t), my IL-8, my IL-20, the Me 329... :bajan:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users