Jump to content


WTH is with reseting the controls so often?


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

BrushWolf #1 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:55 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • 5,907
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
The title says it all. What kind of major changes are they doing that they need to do this so often?

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1217 battles
  • 4,769
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBrushWolf, on 04 January 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

The title says it all. What kind of major changes are they doing that they need to do this so often?

 

just go with the controls they give you and quit complaining.... you old players and your constant unhappiness are getting on my nerves... go away... it's not ever going to change, your old game had like, 20 players max, no wonder that they made this awesome game for me and my friends... we like the new game and don't like listening to you

us new players like the controls just as they are it keep you from having an advantage... just go away

.

.

.

.

.

.

...

...are you still here... you are making my friends uneasy

.

.

. go away..

:ohmy:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


StoptheViolins #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 January 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

 

just go with the controls they give you and quit complaining.... you old players and your constant unhappiness are getting on my nerves... go away... it's not ever going to change, your old game had like, 20 players max, no wonder that they made this awesome game for me and my friends... we like the new game and don't like listening to you

us new players like the controls just as they are it keep you from having an advantage... just go away

.

.

.

.

.

.

...

...are you still here... you are making my friends uneasy

.

.

. go away..

:ohmy:

 

I ain't going to give you a comfort hug if that's what you are after...



DrSinister #4 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

    High-Tech Medic

  • -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • 4,228
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I think what he is getting at even since Closed Beta WG keeps making changes to the XML file for Keybinds and when they do that, it resets our keybinds that we have already had setup before, each time that they keep doing it nothing really changes, they either take a bind away and then later bring it back.  It is annoying to have to rebind all your keys again.  And sorry even if I was a new player there is no way I would run the default keybinds for joystick let alone what they have for mouse and keyboard.

MelBrooks #5 Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12 battles
  • 1,445
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View PostDrSinister, on 05 January 2018 - 12:57 AM, said:

I think what he is getting at even since Closed Beta WG keeps making changes to the XML file for Keybinds and when they do that, it resets our keybinds that we have already had setup before, each time that they keep doing it nothing really changes, they either take a bind away and then later bring it back.  It is annoying to have to rebind all your keys again.  And sorry even if I was a new player there is no way I would run the default keybinds for joystick let alone what they have for mouse and keyboard.

 

​Amen, the key binds are a slight pain, but when they did patch during 1.7 I believe, and changed the all the flight settings / mechanics / dynamics, 80% of us spent the better part of a couple days running into each other, mountains, radar towers......they did it once before, they'll do it again.

Mercsn #6 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • 3,299
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013
I changed 7 keybinds on a fresh install of 2.0, it took less than a minute.  But, I will grant that it's a nuisance.   However, since they did it EVERY patch back when I previously played, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's been involved in the game since beta.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Rockstone_ #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • 1,011
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 04 January 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

 

just go with the controls they give you and quit complaining.... you old players and your constant unhappiness are getting on my nerves... go away... it's not ever going to change, your old game had like, 20 players max, no wonder that they made this awesome game for me and my friends... we like the new game and don't like listening to you

us new players like the controls just as they are it keep you from having an advantage... just go away

.

.

.

.

.

.

...

...are you still here... you are making my friends uneasy

.

.

. go away..

:ohmy:

 

You drunk again.:popcorn:

 


                                                                                                                                                                                               

BrushWolf #8 Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • 5,907
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostDrSinister, on 04 January 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

I think what he is getting at even since Closed Beta WG keeps making changes to the XML file for Keybinds and when they do that, it resets our keybinds that we have already had setup before, each time that they keep doing it nothing really changes, they either take a bind away and then later bring it back.  It is annoying to have to rebind all your keys again.  And sorry even if I was a new player there is no way I would run the default keybinds for joystick let alone what they have for mouse and keyboard.

 

Pretty much this. I had to redo them after a fresh install onto my new SSD so that wasn't unexpected but loading into the game and finding out that no only have your binds been removed but that they have reverted the controls to mouse is inexcusable when there have not been major changes and it keeps happening! I have not been flying much but this is just one more thing to make a person think about not loading the game up.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


trikke #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3626 battles
  • 3,489
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRockstone_, on 05 January 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

 

You drunk again.:popcorn:

 

 

Hiya Rocky!       

 

speaking for myself, it's just cold medication


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Rockstone_ #10 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • 1,011
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012
Hello Spit...:)
                                                                                                                                                                                               

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1217 battles
  • 4,769
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

Cough and Cold Medication for Adults

3 oz Bourbon

1 oz Lemon Juice (optional)

2 oz Water (optional)

1 oz Honey (optional)

 

Directions:

combine all ingredients except honey and microwave for 30 seconds

stir Honey into hot mixture

microwave for another 30 seconds

 

Traditional Method:

Fill a rockglass with large ice cubes

combine all ingredients except honey, lemon and water

repeat as necessary

 

 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


CruzANDBruz #12 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 13690 battles
  • 185
  • Member since:
    09-22-2016
That remedy makes me want to catch a cold.     :)

BrushWolf #13 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • 5,907
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

Cough and Cold Medication for Adults

3 oz Bourbon

1 oz Lemon Juice (optional)

2 oz Water (optional)

1 oz Honey (optional)

 

Directions:

combine all ingredients except honey and microwave for 30 seconds

stir Honey into hot mixture

microwave for another 30 seconds

 

Traditional Method:

Fill a rockglass with large ice cubes

combine all ingredients except honey, lemon and water

repeat as necessary

 

 

 

 

I don't know if that will do much if anything for a cough or a cold but you won't care about it after a couple of those.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1217 battles
  • 4,769
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBrushWolf, on 07 January 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

 

I don't know if that will do much if anything for a cough or a cold but you won't care about it after a couple of those.

 

yes... but, it works

where is lost2... does he need a map...

I miss him

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users