Status Update: Still no new plane, but SteelSeries code giveaway has given me more variety for allie...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1588 battles
  • [FK] FK

I'll probably have to grind them, but it's okay. I got 3 new allied planes though(4 including a new Tier IV allied plane I just purchased from the tech tree), so Skies of Albion should be a lot more fun.

Say, how many of you got one of the new Tier IVs?(Hurricane I and/or Do 17 Z)

It seems to me that Skies of Albion is usually giving out the tier Vs and VIs instead.

I've had a good time with Skies of Albion, I just wish there were more humans!

How has Skies of Albion been for you guys?

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

nwlxn12 #2 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

Playing on allied side typically gets you in games against bots.

Playing on axis side gets you against humans, but unfortunately, allied teams win more than axis teams.  I have been choosing axis the last three days and my win rate has dropped because of it.  This event is pretty much one sided!

I have only gotten a small amount of gold, tokens, and some credits, otherwise I have only gotten consumables from the crates.  Good for all you who have gotten decent loot.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2133 battles
Too tired to play beyond one box...:(

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

StoptheViolins #4 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
If they gave the ME 109's field kits back then I could see the battles being a little less one sided.  The other part is the fighter jocks ignore the GA's so if there is a MR trolling the GA's then there isn't much a GA can contribute to the effort.

comtedumas #5 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK
Code worked great, three new planes, I already had the other two.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

Dr_Wigglespank #6 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 717 battles

I've only been playing a game or two for one box every night. I've been getting some decent things from the crates, including some sweet fireworks. Those are awesome!

Tuesday, I got the mission for the Me 109 TL (the only one I really wanted) but couldn't complete it, as I didn't have time to grind for it. I sure wish it had come up on a weekend. I could have extended it, but I don't have many tokens and buying them for 50 gold each is pretty damned steep, in my opinion.

Edited by Dr_Wigglespank, 04 January 2018 - 09:35 PM.

Hurk #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 522 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
got 5 planes and ammo. all tier 5. it was nice. but frankly i think thats way too much to give away. im barely comfortable with tier 4 play. tier 5 is brutal some times. 
In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.
In Practice, there is.

StoptheViolins #8 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles

View PostHurk, on 04 January 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

got 5 planes and ammo. all tier 5. it was nice. but frankly i think thats way too much to give away. im barely comfortable with tier 4 play. tier 5 is brutal some times. 

Yeah t5 can be as I felt bad today when I thought my last match for the War was going on but at match start I realized it was just a regular match.  I had the Blennie heavy equipped vs t5 planes but found after all the e fighting I had done most of the nights War paid off.  I shot down everything - twisty fighters, heavies, GA, MRs... I ended up with 2 solo caps, 12 mixed kills, 8 assist, and top spot.

I felt bad afterwards since when I reflected back I probably should have mucked around more and let the rest of the players play.   Contributed less so the rest could learn.  

It was cool pulling up to a 180 climb, hammering the breaks, kicking the plane left, and finishing off a zero that had been on my tail as he zoomed by in hopes of compensating for his impatience with the hope of zipping past and circling back on my tail.

I guess I had to learn a lot of hard things that way, too. I just hope whoever it was learned from it.

CruzANDBruz #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13357 battles

View PostHurk, on 04 January 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

I must be at about the same level as you. I have one tier 6 airplane (the Airacobra giveaway), the other forty or so planes being tier 5 and below. I had around 7500 battles in 1.9 and have logged over 1500 in 2.0, but still fly at tiers 4 and 3 most of the time. I find plenty of competition in 4 and 3 during peak hours (not at all uncommon to run into pilots with win rates north of 60 percent). I occasionally move up to 5 after I've forgotten how getting my tail kicked feels. When I feel like I'm well enough versed in flying the airplanes in a given tier that game play becomes monotonous or slow for me, that's my signal to move up and play the next tier predominately. I haven't gotten the feeling that I need to be predominantly in tier 5 yet. I guess I should've made Snail Fighter my handle.   :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users