destruction of a fun game

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Texthor #21 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

Seems like the biggest reason to love the new version I have heard by the Bernies (what I call the new players in 2.0) is that they were unable to compete pre 2.0 and are now able to do so.

How could they not realize all they had to do was get an IL  !!!!!!

soshootmenow #22 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

I would have to agree. Anyone who has played this game extensively in the previous versions knows that virtually all of the new players would not have been able to make the cut in the prior versions of the game or stuck around long enough to learn it. It was far more complex and nothing at all like the watered-down-kiddie-arcade-joke that it has become. Virtually none of the OP's are on anymore so the people with the brains, experience, skill, and the ability to play either version appear to be in agreement that it did not take many attempts to realize that the new version is rather pathetic. It is now basically a 'short bus participation trophy' version of the original.

I also agree that the game did not have enough players to be viable but that is more due to the developers taking until version 1.9 to finally get close to being on the right track. By that time they had frustrated and driven away a substantial number of players. 2.0 was and is a good idea to bring new people into the game. All that needed to be done was to make it an additional mode. The original player base would have stayed, new players would start in the 2.0 mode and at least learned enough basics with a minimum required number of battles so they could have survived and begun to learn the far more demanding (and rewarding) 1.9 version. And it would not have been difficult at all to do. The load would not have been 'too large' as some have claimed. Almost any modern PC from the last 5 years could have handled it without difficulty. The loads could have been optional like the SD, HD is. Just make it 2.0 only, 1.9 only, combo, SD, HD, etc... It just needed to be selectable. No big deal.

To all the OP's.......I really miss flying and competing with you all.    o7 and Good Hunting in whatever game you can find as a change or replacement for 1.9. I wish you well.

CamuMahubah #23 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1213 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

All they need to do is bring a version of 1.9 that could be a separate game mode like Search And Destroy or something along that lines.  

No lead target though.  That is pathetic and all veterans who are such monster pilots...I'm sure they turned off that anyhoo...wink wink...

IMO planes should have been Incorporated with tanks and ships.  They missed a very big opportunity on that one.  

The other guys didn't.  

Just make a mode that is as similar to 1.9 as possible.  Call it Search.  Whatever.   Make these 1.9ers happy so we can move forward.  Heck I'd love a mode like that with 2.0 graphics and such.  

A Hardcore mode is needed so the true computer chair pilots can be happy.

And I know I know planes fly different now.  So what would be the best compromise for a 1.9 style mode in 2.0?

Edited by CamuMahubah, 06 January 2018 - 04:17 AM.

soshootmenow #24 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Unfortunately the 2.0 flight mechanics (or lack thereof) are what is killing the game with the OP's more than anything else. Before it felt like....flight. Now I am chasing a mouse cursor around. It reminds me of how the carrier planes fly on World of Warships. What a joke. All of the effort and time I put in configuring planes with upgrades and matching that to complimentary pilot skills went right out the window with 2.0. It makes almost no difference with any plane. There is no range of combat with planes that fly better down low or one's that fly up high. All of the combat is geared to low and barely mid-altitude fights.

The hard core mode that Camu suggests should have been the 1.9 mode. I wrote up a suggestion on this forum a while ago titled 'A Proposal'. Give it read and see what you think.

I believe it would cure a great many ills all around. I don't know any developers but if you like the Proposal and you know some, please kick it up to them.

You have to admit that for WoWP to be able to alienate virtually their ENTIRE original player base with this change in one fell swoop is pretty bad. Especially when you consider that they all stuck by this game throughout EVERY other change and update they made over the years.

Two modes would have avoided every issue they have encountered with the players. One person told me that not even Google Translate could come close to keeping up with the vitriol that was being written on the Russian forums.

Texthor #25 Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles

Pun....you can never alienate Mars .....

soshootmenow #26 Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

That is true. You cannot alienate Mars. But then again, he has always been directly wired to WG and his BIOS has been set to accept any and all updates by default even if loaded with failed check bits for common sense, improvement, appeal, and normalcy.

(also Pun)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users