destruction of a fun game

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Charlie_55 #1 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Airman Basic

• 67 battles
with the addition of so many bots the developers have sucked all the fun out of a wonderful game that I have played for almost  four years ,very few of the people I have made friends with in those  four years are on anymore ,congratulations on a game destruction

FluffyPabu #2 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5968 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

same post again? okay!

:popcorn:

Krautjaeger #3 Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 688 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

Thing is if you look at the current event a whole lot of the next generation of players are having a hoot. I guess it may depend on what tiers you play as you newer players tend to stay in the 4-7 bracket I guess at this point for the most part though in next to every single game we've been paired with a bot-only team and our own teams are roughly 5-7 human players and the teams I've been on are just loving it.

See, the next generation of players want it this way as they want to be able to just kick back and relax and not actually have too much of a challenge except a little and then being able to win is what makes the world go around for them. Casual gamers, it's the new invasion and we just have to live with that in games we've loved to play for the foreseeable future until the generation after this comes and see if they want something different, if they want more challenges and as generations often goes in waves that is probable. Also, the current generation of players isn't actually a new one but they're coming full force so that means the next generation of players may not be too far away, perhaps 5-ish years. They're here to stay, in all games, so nothing we can do about it other than adapt or take a long break.

SalTuskin #4 Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1143 battles

some old player who didnt like the old game have come back so we make up for all you so if you dont like it leave why do people insist on complaining when they are not playing, game is not going back to what it was either adapt or leave simple 

if game was so great why was no on playing it before maybe it was bad then and they made a change, see i didnt like the old game i like the new game and play so if you dont like the new game dont play

and is seems like most of the people who complain like the op have less than 50 games played in the new model umm yea that will tell you alot

Edited by SalTuskin, 04 January 2018 - 05:01 PM.

Zapperguy #5 Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostSalTuskin, on 04 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

some old player who didnt like the old game have come back so we make up for all you so if you dont like it leave why do people insist on complaining when they are not playing, game is not going back to what it was either adapt or leave simple 

if game was so great why was no on playing it before maybe it was bad then and they made a change, see i didnt like the old game i like the new game and play so if you dont like the new game dont play

and is seems like all least people who complain have like the op have less than 50 games played in the new model umm yea what will tell you alot

Okay, I'm going to chime in here. First, try pasting that quoted mess above into this site: https://spellcheckplus.com/

You refer to yourself as one of the old "players" who didn't like the game and left. You signed up to be an Alpha Tester. That means you agreed to test, offer feedback, and thus help develop this title from its most raw stages. You played a total of four battles pre-release and none until 2.0.  Yet, you have the gall to criticize people who have been here five years, playing the game on which you wasted an alpha tester opportunity, for recognizing in 50 battles that they don't like playing a radically different game. https://worldofwarplanes.com/community/players/v1.x/1000052377-/

I'm happy for you that you're enjoying this respawn-filled bot-fest. Have fun! I don't begrudge you that.

:honoring:

But...you know, thinking about it... maybe you did offer feedback to WG back then, and it took them this long to sort through your punctuation and grammar to roll back the skill level accordingly.

:trollface:

Claudio67 #6 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 423 battles

View PostSalTuskin, on 04 January 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

and is seems like most of the people who complain like the op have less than 50 games played in the new model umm yea that will tell you alot

A couple of screenshots of January/February 2014, version 1.1 I think, about as old as it is 2.0 now...

15v15 humans, no bots

I know that there is no online player count now to compare, but...

Does anyone believe that there is more than 300 simultaneous players online on this days? (This is not the highest I've seen, I'm pretty sure I have some screenshot with over 2K)

It's not the game, it was the absolute mishandling that the game had after v1.5 with the "smart matchmaker" which lasted 10 minutes to throw a match, the two months that took until they acknowledge to fix that, giving fast matches 1v1 or 2v2, plus weapons rebalancing rendering autocannons useless, the bots introduction to "fix" the amount of people departed, the "rubberbanding" another gamebreaking feature which took three months to be fixed after their support blaming on everyone's computer (anyone else remembers those Pingplotter report days?)

If they (WG) doesn't change the way of "enhance" the game adding new bugs on every patch, degrading the player's experience, then nothing changes, at most an complete overhaul like 2.0 (not really a new version of that game, but a new one instead) can renew the players, throwing the old ones and exchanging them for new ones.

TLDR, not having been playing between Alpha and 2.0 also tells a lot.

nwlxn12 #7 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

View PostKrautjaeger, on 04 January 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

Thing is if you look at the current event a whole lot of the next generation of players are having a hoot. I guess it may depend on what tiers you play as you newer players tend to stay in the 4-7 bracket I guess at this point for the most part though in next to every single game we've been paired with a bot-only team and our own teams are roughly 5-7 human 

Which means after the event and you get humans on both sides you will be back to around 3 humans per side.  Wow, such a big improvement.  I am so glad 2.0 rescued this game.

SalTuskin #8 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1143 battles

i have the gall to say i didnt like the way alpha and beta went so i quit playing i made my choice and i dont know why it shows 4 game i played prob 100 or so now if you dont like the new game make your choice and dont play and from a player with 53 games in the new mode, i dont care if you played 25k games in the old mode that mode is gone and not coming back no matter how much whine and stomp your feet the dev made a choice that the game didnt have enough players before so they made a chance 

you didnt see me all over the forums complaining i didnt like the old mode i just didnt play

you got 4yrs of enjoyment out of the old mode i say you got your moneys worth the dev decided to go in another direction sorry if you dont like it but that is the way it is myself and a few friends are enjoying this mode so we will keep playing

what are you the grammer police english in not my native language 

i am just saying all the people who are complaining about this mode dont need to play go find something else you like

lol 2014 it is now 2018 the old game couldnt hold players so they made a change live with it

Edited by SalTuskin, 04 January 2018 - 06:26 PM.

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles
Dear lawd dat poast nearly gave me a stroke! :ohmy:

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Noreaga #10 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

i was going to respond then i remembered "never try to argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

i had no idea space flight had been invented yet, but can i join you on your planet? 

Nimis obnoxii curare

SalTuskin #11 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1143 battles
wow and other 7 battle and 10 battle  person keep it up you are proving my point

Edited by SalTuskin, 04 January 2018 - 08:03 PM.

mullyman #12 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 33 battles

"and is seems like most of the people who complain like the op have less than 50 games played in the new model umm yea that will tell you a lot"

​Yeah it tells you it doesn't take long for most GAMERS to realize this version is a piece of crap.

mullyman.png

Noreaga #13 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSalTuskin, on 04 January 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

wow and other 7 battle and 10 battle  person keep it up you are proving my point

Lol that is still more than your 4 pre release games...

and wow narcissistic much? nobody cares what you think or what you say, this thread belongs to the OP who is on another planet.

Please continue to look like an absolute tool.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MelBrooks #14 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostNoreaga, on 04 January 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Lol that is still more than your 4 pre release games...

and wow narcissistic much? nobody cares what you think or what you say, this thread belongs to the OP who is on another planet.

Please continue to look like an absolute tool.

​Yep, another old alpha tester who could not find his rear with both hands chiming in.....just what this game needed. And before you call me out, I spent more than enough time in closed and open testing of this new version to formulate a solid opinion. Modes do not keep me away, terrible AI programming for bots, and an RNG my son could have written in 6th grade do. Not aimed at Nor of course, he's a scotch drinker and has gray matter.

Edited by MelBrooks, 04 January 2018 - 08:38 PM.

StoptheViolins #15 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1809 battles

View PostCharlie_55, on 04 January 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

with the addition of so many bots the developers have sucked all the fun out of a wonderful game that I have played for almost  four years ,very few of the people I have made friends with in those  four years are on anymore ,congratulations on a game destruction

Very few people is the key.  All what, 60 players during peak times during 1.9 playing T4's and clubbing new folks out of the game?  Yup, good times I bet.  Good times. Those T4 planes look pretty with 8+ little airplanes on the side I bet.  Sexy.  Darn sexy.  Yup.  So... how ya doin?  Family ok?  How's work?  Car still holding up or is it about time to get a new one?  Neighbors treating you ok?  How's the site, see you didn't post too much to the forums until now?  IL-2 two seater giving you issues?  Stay in touch.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #16 Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:34 AM

Captain

• 675 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
why do threads like this round up that certain type of person that proudly boast having the insight of a colon probe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Perco_lator #17 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostSalTuskin, on 04 January 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Oh look another "alpha tester" I have never seen before that played no games in the previous live version telling people that played thousands of games for over 4 years to get lost.

I have several 3 word combinations for you none of which are acceptable on this forum.

Edited by Perco_lator, 05 January 2018 - 04:22 AM.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

MelBrooks #18 Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 04 January 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

why do threads like this round up that certain type of person that proudly boast having the insight of a colon probe

​It's probably the only thing he can relate to....I mean if it looks like a donkey, sounds like a donkey, probably a donkey.

jack_wdw #19 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 946 battles

View PostSalTuskin, on 04 January 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Lol basically you're saying the game is not great now, cause nobody is playing it. (assuming the previous population = nobody, well current population is also nobody, can't even get a competitive and balanced allies v saxis event)

Edited by jack_wdw, 05 January 2018 - 10:30 AM.

Noreaga #20 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

ha here i was feeling bad for losing my brown stuff on someone, and i happily read that all the other bitter scotch drinkers came in with the same stuff. 

EDIT: Mel i tried the best whiskey i have had i a long time.

from japan no less?!?!  https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/yamazaki/yamazaki-12-year-old-whisky/

finally had to correct the bartender because he kept on calling it a scotch. "Son, that's not from scotland, stop calling it a scotch" . don't imagine there are many Gaelic areas in japan.

Edited by Noreaga, 05 January 2018 - 09:41 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users