A few thoughts regarding the game

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Legion_of_Boom25 #1 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Senior Airman

• 378 battles

I play ships and started playing planes not too long ago and had a few of thoughts as a little time went by. First off, I don’t know why Free XP can’t be shared between ships and planes. It is with tanks. The gold is doubloons in ships so I can understand and perhaps for another reason as well but still, it’s shared with tanks too. Premium time is the only thing shared for all three…quite perplexing.

In ships, in addition to the PvP (there's straight up PvE as well), they also have an optional scenarios area you can play against bots that get switched out periodically for different ones and are pretty fun in changing up the pace a bit. They can get pretty creative and wild with them (like Halloween). Do they run those here once in a while? My guess is they don’t because the population doesn’t seem to be big enough to pull it off. If not available, I think it would be cool to throw something like that in there when the opportunity arises.

Also in ships, in addition to the camo, they have signal flags you can add to help with extra XP, Free XP, Credits, Captain XP etc. Obviously you can’t use flags here but I don’t see a good avenue to help a lot in that area here. Perhaps get more camos involved that do different things to help you build up what you want to work towards.

These are just some thoughts I had and I’m sure there’s a big mix between tank and ship players here as well.

Just curious on what you guys thought. I’m enjoying my time so far in planes and still have to go through my paces. Thank You

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 43 battles

View PostLegion_of_Boom25, on 04 January 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

I play ships and started playing planes not too long ago and had a few of thoughts as a little time went by. First off, I don’t know why Free XP can’t be shared between ships and planes. It is with tanks. The gold is doubloons in ships so I can understand and perhaps for another reason as well but still, it’s shared with tanks too. Premium time is the only thing shared for all three…quite perplexing.

I'm with ya there. It is trully odd. Only WG can answer this.

In ships, in addition to the PvP (there's straight up PvE as well), they also have an optional scenarios area you can play against bots that get switched out periodically for different ones and are pretty fun in changing up the pace a bit. They can get pretty creative and wild with them (like Halloween). Do they run those here once in a while? My guess is they don’t because the population doesn’t seem to be big enough to pull it off. If not available, I think it would be cool to throw something like that in there when the opportunity arises.

Best example is the event that's going on now - Albion. That's the best "once in a while" you're going to get of occasions in mixing it up outside of the one game mode (conquest). But yea, WG and the WOWP devs really need to move out of this one-mode-only MMO symptom and start taking initiative to create more modes.

Also in ships, in addition to the camo, they have signal flags you can add to help with extra XP, Free XP, Credits, Captain XP etc. Obviously you can’t use flags here but I don’t see a good avenue to help a lot in that area here. Perhaps get more camos involved that do different things to help you build up what you want to work towards.

Emblems can be exactly that. It's purely only cosmetics now but certain emblems or nose paints can be made for exp,credit/crew exp bonuses.

Good points mentioned imo. Hope my additions helped.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

pyantoryng #3 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:41 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 892 battles

Many people had hoped right from the beginning that Ships would have connected gold, FEXP, and prem days with Tanks and Planes...apparently the idea didn't work out well, so they kept only prem time fully linked. It was a promise that went back on many players. I guess ships for FEXP is a snag too...think of some guy playing Planes (with its massive EXP boost from anniversary and now dailies that pay out raw FEXP) and Tanks (with FEXP personal reserve stacking with other EXP boosters with games that last half as long on average) to buy the Missouri without ever touching Ships...

The closest thing that came of separate, fun mode was the Odin UFO snowball fight. You get rewarded with festive stuff from it, but only little more than that, and Planes had enough people during the New Year to support both modes courtesy to bots and the UFO mode not very rewarding. The confrontation event is just basic battle with planes from specific nations on two teams...not really a separate mode...

The EXP and credit boosters take consumables slot...and I keep forgetting about it. Paints and emblems are purely cosmetic...and I live on the free stuff...If this is anything like ships, my watermelon J7W1 would have some bonus with that paint...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #4 Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i remember hearing about WG's plans to add a game about ships long ago...

it's still inconceivable to me that there would enough possible gameplay ideas for ships to ever be completed/released, as well as becoming more popular than planes 

tanks, i liked it, actually liked it a lot...  but ships, for goodness sake?

not trying to start a food fight here at all, there are truckloads of game out there that every one of us would never consider playing 

i like it that everyone's different...  and especially like that there's a truckload of creative people making games out there, and that i happened to find this one

but... ships!!!!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users