Future Axis vs. Allies Events

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Good Idea? (36 members have cast votes)

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (25 votes [69.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

2. No - Explain your answer below (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

3. Other - (Post Below) (2 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. I don't want to vote, I just want to let MARS know he is appreciated. (4 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

View Posttrikke, on 07 January 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

i'll bet there are very balanced forces on the EU server...  and very unbalanced forces on RU

I wonder if the RU people are vocal about this

if yes, then we'll see changes     if not, then...

EU has been all Allies as well.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Furysghost #22 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2176 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 03 January 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

To eliminate the collusion of players which is essentially ruing the event and making most battles PVE, consider the following.  Try something like the WOWS Dunkirk event, where temporary ships were given out and the event could only be run in those ships.

Provide each player with temporary planes, give them special skins, and pilot skills. 1 of each plane type for each faction lets say tier 7.

Each day each player is randomly assigned to a faction.  That way factions are balanced, and everyone participating has the right planes for each faction.

REGARDS_

MARS_

There is a thing called "best/successful practices" its very common in successful high performing companies or organizations.

l am sure you will know my reference..it allows you to avoid reinventing the wheel stumbling about accomplishing little and learn/use/borrow others best notions and apply them to your particular... in this instance game.

It astounds me that apparently WG has no concept of it among the three titles tanks, ships, and planes at least certainly not planes.

Were it my company there would be a coordinator doing this full time within the company internally as well as externally.

Good idea Mars l played in that ships event it was a smashing success.

Edited by Furysghost, 07 January 2018 - 08:01 PM.

pyantoryng #23 Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles

The fact that Ships' Dunkirk was PvE with objectives made me forget about it without any second thought. The first Halloween did it for me, that PvE with objectives in randoms is an exercise in futility. It should be fine as long as it is formatted as regular battles (not that WoWP team has any idea for any other mode anyway)...the idea of sacrificing progress for event may not be appealing, however (like ARCNA said in previous page), and that turned me off on Dunkirk and Second Halloween, too (though I know that it won't be fun for me before considering that). The reward has to be good enough or the event game has to be fun enough (remember Odin? Why did we fling snowballs for sparklers et al. and a paltry amount of silver? To look at the pretty auroras and starry sky?)

...we can just change team compositions around...say East (Japan, China, USSR) versus West (US, UK, Germany, France), but with seven factions one side will have to be understaffed, and with two factions premium only not making it any better...nor the plane balancing, but some work of fiction might just do the trick, and then it ticks off people seeking the spirit of WW2...

There are so many problems surrounding the Axis vs Allies theme, that perhaps the very concept might just be unfixable for use...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

vcharng #24 Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1653 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 07 January 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

The fact that Ships' Dunkirk was PvE with objectives made me forget about it without any second thought. The first Halloween did it for me, that PvE with objectives in randoms is an exercise in futility. It should be fine as long as it is formatted as regular battles (not that WoWP team has any idea for any other mode anyway)...the idea of sacrificing progress for event may not be appealing, however (like ARCNA said in previous page), and that turned me off on Dunkirk and Second Halloween, too (though I know that it won't be fun for me before considering that). The reward has to be good enough or the event game has to be fun enough (remember Odin? Why did we fling snowballs for sparklers et al. and a paltry amount of silver? To look at the pretty auroras and starry sky?)

...we can just change team compositions around...say East (Japan, China, USSR) versus West (US, UK, Germany, France), but with seven factions one side will have to be understaffed, and with two factions premium only not making it any better...nor the plane balancing, but some work of fiction might just do the trick, and then it ticks off people seeking the spirit of WW2...

There are so many problems surrounding the Axis vs Allies theme, that perhaps the very concept might just be unfixable for use...

I actually thought about East Vs West, but the East won't have any (well, except the likes of Mosquito 26 and RB-17) bombers and heavies.

After the Americans got their GAA and British got their bombers and a complete Hawker line, maybe we can try Metric vs. Imperial, lol

LMG #25 Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 788 battles

Would we be able to pick the plane types we fly though? I don't mind getting a plane for the event, but I do mind not being able to fly the type of aircraft I enjoy :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

MARS_REVENANT #26 Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Colonel

• 1573 battles

View PostLMG, on 09 January 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Would we be able to pick the plane types we fly though? I don't mind getting a plane for the event, but I do mind not being able to fly the type of aircraft I enjoy :sceptic:

My original idea was to give players 1 of each plane type so they could play whatever they wanted on whatever faction they were place.  But GeorgeP suggested that once you are placed on a faction, the entire tech tree opens up for you to be able to play any plane you want.  I think that is a much better suggestion than having to develop special planes.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Sierra1968 #27 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 304 battles
  • [D-INC] D-INC
The biggest issue I see is a lack of aircraft for the axis powers.  Japan could use a dive bomber/GA line, as well as a heavy fighter and a couple of bombers.  There's plenty of historical data for that.  We also need Italian planes, maybe a premium only line, like the French, and Chinese.  There are some nice light fighters and heavy fighters to choose from.  It was very frustrating playing as axis, as I might win one or two, and then lose the next five or six.  So I switched to allies towards the end, and did MUCH better.  Good thing I'm not too concerned about win rate, because this event killed it.

pyantoryng #28 Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 885 battles
During Japanese Threat Chinese planes were totally excluded...not that many planes though.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users