Future Axis vs. Allies Events

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Good Idea? (37 members have cast votes)

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes (25 votes [67.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.57%

2. No - Explain your answer below (6 votes [16.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

3. Other - (Post Below) (2 votes [5.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

4. I don't want to vote, I just want to let MARS know he is appreciated. (4 votes [10.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

MARS_REVENANT #1 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3000 battles

To eliminate the collusion of players which is essentially ruing the event and making most battles PVE, consider the following.  Try something like the WOWS Dunkirk event, where temporary ships were given out and the event could only be run in those ships.

Provide each player with temporary planes, give them special skins, and pilot skills. 1 of each plane type for each faction lets say tier 7.

Each day each player is randomly assigned to a faction.  That way factions are balanced, and everyone participating has the right planes for each faction.

REGARDS_

MARS_

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 03 January 2018 - 10:10 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

GeorgePatton #2 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 40 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I like this idea. The axis vs allies events have been so messed up it isn't even funny. The other solution would be to just make 'team axis' and 'team allies' and you could fly any aircraft from any nation for either team. My main gripe with the events has always been that you're stuck playing planes from one side. I like to rotate between my planes from different nations/alliances. Of course, that does rather defeat the purpose of 'axis vs allies' but if there was an option I would just opt out of the whole event and keep playing whatever I want to play.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3000 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 03 January 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

I like this idea. The axis vs allies events have been so messed up it isn't even funny. The other solution would be to just make 'team axis' and 'team allies' and you could fly any aircraft from any nation for either team. My main gripe with the events has always been that you're stuck playing planes from one side. I like to rotate between my planes from different nations/alliances. Of course, that does rather defeat the purpose of 'axis vs allies' but if there was an option I would just opt out of the whole event and keep playing whatever I want to play.

Cheers!
Glenn

That is a good idea as well.  When a player is assigned a faction, the entire tech tree is opened up.  That would also allow players to test out planes for lines they are working up.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

Zapperguy #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I like this idea, Mars. Giving everyone certain event planes is not unlike them "giving" us a Slepnir; so, it's not entirely unprecedented.

Randomizing sides for all players is also a good idea. Perhaps an exception might be if you were flighted when the event started, you and your wingman would be on the same faction, regardless whether or not you stay in a flight during the event. I doubt WG will listen, but it seems viable.

:honoring:

nwlxn12 #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
All these events have heavily favored the Allied side.  Unless WG can find a way to balance it, I say don't bother at all.  Lopsided events are just plain dumb.

MelBrooks #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
MARS, George, and Zap all have some great ideas and nuances to execute a solid event that would get me to fire up the game again. Then I realize who would have to enact said ideas and I go watch Netflix.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZapperguy, on 03 January 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

I like this idea, Mars. Giving everyone certain event planes is not unlike them "giving" us a Slepnir; so, it's not entirely unprecedented.

Randomizing sides for all players is also a good idea. Perhaps an exception might be if you were flighted when the event started, you and your wingman would be on the same faction, regardless whether or not you stay in a flight during the event. I doubt WG will listen, but it seems viable.

:honoring:

well, if you could use premium ammo... like, uranium depleted snowballs I'd be all for it

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

J311yfish #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 358 battles
  • [343] 343

Very clever.  Maybe there is a way to get Italy in there too.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  //  Italy    France  //  Sweden    Finland (skins)    Poland    China    Brazil    UNITED STATES  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

poisonousblood #9 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4613 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
I don't think people of WG isn't dumb. they did this intentionally because they want everybody to get a chance to win cool stuff like sparkles and fireworks!

Dru83 #10 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1430 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I like the idea of Axis vs. Allies, it just needs to be balanced out. The event is great because it draws large amounts of players to all play at the same time. It sucks because it takes away the PvP element which is already lacking a bit. I do like MARS's idea of randomly selecting teams for all players. I'm not a big fan of temporary vehicles. It's like you're giving me a toy and then taking it away again after. I do think the Axis v. Allies event would be more fun if there were more Axis planes available, either an Italian fighter line or more Japanese planes.

General_Lee_Miserable #11 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
How about just scrapping the idea entirely? The fun factor was much higher when they did a marathon for prem. planes as the holiday event. Now you can play for 2 hours, earn maybe 4 crates, and feel like you seriously wasted your time when you got a couple of pieces of equipment and some consumables. That doesn't blow my skirt up. My only real motivation for even playing this event was to take advantage of the large chunks of convertible XP I can earn per battle to use in Tanks. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered. Now that I don't have any other T10 tanks I want, I have no reason to do it.  At least with the marathons, you had a tangible goal and a very specific set of missions to obtain it. You never felt like you were just treading water for an entire evening. Some of those missions were a lot of fun too. The multi rocket kills, bomb kills, etc. Occasionally, you could get one of the opposing team to help you and then they'd help you the next battle you were in. That's sort of rigging in a way but it really added something special to it. This Axis vs Allies is blah. I never really liked it from the very first one. What they should have done is do a marathon to obtain each of the new planes, and not the stupid unobtanium 3 mission sets that came in some of the crates. A very doable, but maybe time consuming, set of 10 or so missions for each of the new planes. 

vcharng #12 Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1993 battles

Yeah, that would be a lot better.

I failed to get my 2nd crate today because I always (with zero exception) gets into a match that I constantly have my kills stolen: if I fly fighters, I always get to a +1 game, and i can't outperform higher tier players.

The only plane I can get by without getting into a +1 game is the RB-17, and then MM gave me a IL-20 human player, who keeps following me and rob my kills when my bombs are still on their way to the ground.

I reported him for unfair play, but frankly speaking that wasn't really fair: He didn't have much choice as there were very few enemy positions left to attack.

the event has become a kill stealing contest, which is not fun at all. My final result was 68/100 for my second crate after 1.5 hour of playtime.

CdnSniper52 #13 Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 800 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I like Mars' idea.  The Sleipner Christmas event was a fun change of pace

Mercsn #14 Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

Personally, I enjoy the co-op mode vs bots.  I HATE bots, any bots and all bots.  But, if bots have to be in the game, co-op mode is the way to do it.  It's stupid to have bots decide a match even when it's 1 v 1 humans and 1 human repeatedly kills the other human every time he spawns...and yet the human who spent the match looking at spawn timer is the one who wins...because his bots had better ai skill level per plane type (ie, he had a spitfire with an ace pilot vs an a26 with an ace pilot on the losing team).

I think the fact that the balancing mechanism, spotting points to the losing team or whatever it is, "isn't functioning properly" might actually be a dry run for WG testing out player reaction to co-op mode.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:12 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3000 battles

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 03 January 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

YEAH...:teethhappy:

ARCNA442 #16 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 700 battles

Bad idea - I'm new to the game and busy grinding. If I could only participate in the event by flying special aircraft I probably wouldn't bother.

I say look at WoT. The current Christmas event is perfect. You can play whenever you want in whatever vehicle you want and get loot crates for completing missions ranging from the extremely easy (win a battle) to the difficult (win 15 battles while placing in the top 10).

WoWP should have gone all out for Christmas to attract new players and bring back old ones, instead we got a convoluted badly explained and broken event with rather underwhelming prizes.

ArrowZ_ #17 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 452 battles

View PostARCNA442, on 04 January 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

instead we got a convoluted badly explained and broken event with rather underwhelming prizes.

WOWP 1.X perfectly described in this one statement :trollface: 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3000 battles

This is what I have heard from developers regarding this suggestion:

• Randomly assigned factions was an option a long time ago.  (although I dont remember any time there was randomly assigned teams and I have been part of every event since official release of 1.0.  Maybe during alpha or beta testing?)
  • The event as it is right now is not going to survive another launch.
  • They have plans to make future events different.

Zhoyzu #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 449 battles

Voted No.

While there are no issues with the event, simply being on the NA server causes the disparity.

Ive been playing axis myself cause its boring me to tears to play allies.

Another issue is that axis only had 2 nations which creates an imbalance in selectable aircraft favoring the allies. SO if you mostly have allied aircraft its likely you'd be on allies through most of the event anyways.

I also personally have a more diverse set of aircraft on the axis side (bomber, heavy, fighter) than my 8 fighter/multirole on allies.

I remember they wanted to do this in WoWS but the national flavors of the then available ships wouldnt have been balanced so well.

There was a WoWS event where it was Fire vs Water and you could select which side you wanted to be on unless one had a larger number of players by a large margin then you were assigned a team. The event had 3 rounds and if you were able you could switch sides at the end of the round. There was no national divisions, and MM was normal such that team fire and team water players were on the same teams. But their scores and such were recorded for their respective team.

Idk if that'd work in WoWP though

trikke #20 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1501 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostZhoyzu, on 07 January 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

While there are no issues with the event, simply being on the NA server causes the disparity.

i'll bet there are very balanced forces on the EU server...  and very unbalanced forces on RU

I wonder if the RU people are vocal about this

if yes, then we'll see changes     if not, then...

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users