Jump to content


What lines are best for me?


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SpiritFoxMY #21 Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • 1,544
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostLMG, on 22 January 2018 - 02:59 AM, said:

 

Get me the pictures and I'll get started :teethhappy:

 

Let me see about that. As much as I hate fighting competent GAAs, better there be enough to go around

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


egikov #22 Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:03 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 1700 battles
  • 101
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

-High HP pool - any heavy fighters - low roll rate and very big, slow rocket/bomb reload.

-Versatility - multiroles - p-47, f4u, fw-190

-Striking power - f4u, fw-190

All of them are not easy to play, f4u line are probably friendliest, their altitude, speed is worse than p-47 and fw-190. Others have low maneuverability.

I have p-47 and fw-190 among other planes, they have high speed can shoot ground attack planes, destroy ground targets and usually can reach bombers.



SpiritFoxMY #23 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • 1,544
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Postegikov, on 22 January 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

-Versatility - multiroles - p-47, f4u, fw-190

-Striking power - f4u, fw-190

All of them are not easy to play, f4u line are probably friendliest, their altitude, speed is worse than p-47 and fw-190. Others have low maneuverability.

I have p-47 and fw-190 among other planes, they have high speed can shoot ground attack planes, destroy ground targets and usually can reach bombers.

 

Honestly, apart from the Dora, the 190s aren't really good at ground attack. The A-1 has only four 100 pounders. The A-5 straps two additional rockets to the airframe but the quad 20mms are poorly suited for strafing compared to the A-1's quad 13mms which do better dot against light ground targets.

 

I fly the A-5 as a pure fighter. It's truly a joy to fly like that and far more useful in that config than its pitiful ordnance load.

 

Dora is a whole different beast. 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


TheDeafBringer #24 Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 244 battles
  • 6
  • [-AK-] -AK-
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 22 January 2018 - 03:22 AM, said:

 

Let me see about that. As much as I hate fighting competent GAAs, better there be enough to go around

 

Please do! or  point out the guide you mentioned. I'm struggling to understand the GAA stuff. Thanks!

LMG #25 Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1668 battles
  • 1,420
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTheDeafBringer, on 04 February 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Please do! or  point out the guide you mentioned. I'm struggling to understand the GAA stuff. Thanks!

 

Still need the pictures to make a proper GAA guide :hiding:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #26 Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • 1,544
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostLMG, on 04 February 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

 

Still need the pictures to make a proper GAA guide :hiding:

 

How would I give the pictures to you btw?

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


LMG #27 Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1668 battles
  • 1,420
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 February 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

How would I give the pictures to you btw?

 

idk, pm the imgur links or something? I don't have much experience in forum guide-building :ohmy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Cogent #28 Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 605 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    02-20-2013
Can someone provide me with some input as to whether German planes are worth playing? I'm interested in getting the BF 109 and Ju 87 Stuka, but their paper stats seems kind of mediocre. I really enjoy planes with high maneuverability because I'm not well versed with boom-and-zoom and energy fighting. I'm also a little put off by ground-attack aircraft because the Bsh-2 (the only ground attack plane I field right now) feels awful without a tail-gunner. Plus it's just so atrociously slow to go from cap to cap. Once I get focused by players I'm pretty much hopeless. I don't know if the line gets any better.

LMG #29 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1668 battles
  • 1,420
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCogent, on 06 February 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Can someone provide me with some input as to whether German planes are worth playing? I'm interested in getting the BF 109 and Ju 87 Stuka, but their paper stats seems kind of mediocre. I really enjoy planes with high maneuverability because I'm not well versed with boom-and-zoom and energy fighting. I'm also a little put off by ground-attack aircraft because the Bsh-2 (the only ground attack plane I field right now) feels awful without a tail-gunner. Plus it's just so atrociously slow to go from cap to cap. Once I get focused by players I'm pretty much hopeless. I don't know if the line gets any better.

 

The Stuka can be a bit rough to learn. It is painful to fly stock with those 20mm cannons. However, with the 37mm cannons you can put out some serious damage at incredible ranges. Personally I didn't keep it because the Ju 88 P works basically the same, but better. In any case, I'd say don't rely on your reargunner. At tier 5 they don't seem to output enough damage to reliably keep you alive from enemy fighters, unless they're already heavilly damaged or your crew has enough skills to make up for it.

 

Anyways, I'd say give it a try if you like GAAs, just possibly free-xp the 37mm cannons if you can. If you're not sure how you feel about GAAs, I don't think the Stuka will convince you :sceptic:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Cogent #30 Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 605 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    02-20-2013

View PostLMG, on 06 February 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

 

The Stuka can be a bit rough to learn. It is painful to fly stock with those 20mm cannons. However, with the 37mm cannons you can put out some serious damage at incredible ranges. Personally I didn't keep it because the Ju 88 P works basically the same, but better. In any case, I'd say don't rely on your reargunner. At tier 5 they don't seem to output enough damage to reliably keep you alive from enemy fighters, unless they're already heavilly damaged or your crew has enough skills to make up for it.

 

Anyways, I'd say give it a try if you like GAAs, just possibly free-xp the 37mm cannons if you can. If you're not sure how you feel about GAAs, I don't think the Stuka will convince you :sceptic:

 

Thanks for the input, I'll probably continue down the IL-2 line and see how it goes.

SpiritFoxMY #31 Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2208 battles
  • 1,544
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostCogent, on 06 February 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

Can someone provide me with some input as to whether German planes are worth playing? I'm interested in getting the BF 109 and Ju 87 Stuka, but their paper stats seems kind of mediocre. I really enjoy planes with high maneuverability because I'm not well versed with boom-and-zoom and energy fighting. I'm also a little put off by ground-attack aircraft because the Bsh-2 (the only ground attack plane I field right now) feels awful without a tail-gunner. Plus it's just so atrociously slow to go from cap to cap. Once I get focused by players I'm pretty much hopeless. I don't know if the line gets any better.

 

Check out LMG's recent guide on ground attacking for some starters with Ground Attack.

 

The Germans aren't a turnfighting line, even the 109s. The best turners are the Japs, British lights and Russian light Yak lines. 109s can turn with the yanks but not much else. The Friedrich and Gustav also have a reputation for being undergunned.

 

I fly Focke Wulfs. The line is a poor turner but an excellent boomer. They lead into the Batplane which is a crazy good tier 8 with excellent maneuverability and firepower


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


trikke #32 Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2048 battles
  • 1,435
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 06 February 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

The Germans aren't a turnfighting line, even the 109s. The best turners are the Japs, British lights and Russian light Yak lines. 109s can turn with the yanks but not much else. The Friedrich and Gustav also have a reputation for being undergunned.

 

I fly Focke Wulfs. The line is a poor turner but an excellent boomer. They lead into the Batplane which is a crazy good tier 8 with excellent maneuverability and firepower

 

the T4 He-112 lets you think german LFs are going to be excellent turners, and then the 109s jerk the rug right out from under you
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

GreenHeart06 #33 Posted 10 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 216 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    12-02-2015
I went down the German fighter branch and i'm really enjoying the BF-109s. But also those bombers are a lot of fun to play as.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users