Daily Missions with specific targets are causing AFK's

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

cddlbunny #21 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2271 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 03 January 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

I just gave up and reset the mission and got one for multiroles and heavy fighters so I am just going to wait and reset it again tomorrow, I guess.  I am not good at those planes and don't have one at every mission tier. 

I just checked.  I had forgotten I got the SE100 for free so I do have these planes at every mission tier.  I am not very good in them but I am going to give the mission a go and see if I can do it.  I am limited in garage space and could use some free slots. 

You have to keep in mind something that I found out recently. If you do not have a mission in progress, then it will automatically be replaced with another one the next day. When I started in the other iteration of this happy little item, I bought tier eight premiums to get the missions done and was not good at them either. I know how you feel when I play ground attack aircraft and the win rate plummets. Just keep going at them. Yes there will be classes that you feel you are not good at, but if you keep plugging, it will come. When the anniversary missions come back, I find it best to try to complete them on planes that you feel are no "up to snuff". My Ki-43-i plane was 57% when I started using it more and now it is 85%. Persistance and patience are the key words in this game. Not everyone is good at everything they try, especially here.

RECON_RANGER #22 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

View Postcddlbunny0, on 04 January 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

You have to keep in mind something that I found out recently. If you do not have a mission in progress, then it will automatically be replaced with another one the next day. When I started in the other iteration of this happy little item, I bought tier eight premiums to get the missions done and was not good at them either. I know how you feel when I play ground attack aircraft and the win rate plummets. Just keep going at them. Yes there will be classes that you feel you are not good at, but if you keep plugging, it will come. When the anniversary missions come back, I find it best to try to complete them on planes that you feel are no "up to snuff". My Ki-43-i plane was 57% when I started using it more and now it is 85%. Persistance and patience are the key words in this game. Not everyone is good at everything they try, especially here.

Thanks, I am doing a multi-role/heavy fighter mission and winning way more games than I thought I would because I really sucked at them when I first started playng the game.  I am good at GAA's because you don't have to have good spacial awareness, but I am really enjoying the Pancake which I grinded to Elite using Albion.  I also got the SE100 for free and I am loving the tag and drag with the rear gun on it which is amazing, if I don't fly into mtns, LOL.  I don't really enjoy the boom and zoom gameplay, but I am very good tactically so I have found that I can play smart which overcomes lack of click skill esp in fast heavy fighters which are very flexible and in the current meta of BOT bombers. 

I just finished the 1 and 4 golden paperclip missions and now I am going to try and wrap up the 10 which is the hvy/multi which will net me over 20 for the day with medals which for me is a good take.

RECON_RANGER #23 Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

I can't believe I have played 1,220 games in 2 months, but I play 75% of my games on my mom's couch on a 17.3 laptop on my lap with the mouse propped up on an encyclopedia while watching TV with her which is why I like GAA's and GAA missions.  I have also played 75% of my Albion games the same way which is why I am using it to grind USA heavys and multi's so I can fly them like GAA's or the mouse will fall off of the encyclopedia in a dogfight, LOL. 

I am glad that based on my thread there is a rumor that WG is going to improve the daily golden paperclip missions, but knowing WG that might come in 2019 or 2020, LOL. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 04 January 2018 - 06:54 PM.

RECON_RANGER #24 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles
I just reset a 4 golden paperclip daily mission and it is defending captured plants, LOL.  Depending on what my new 10 clip mission is, I will reset this one tomorrow.  I wish you had more than one reset a day.  I hope WG changes this too.  What is the harm to WG in giving 2 or 3 resets a day?

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 04 January 2018 - 07:24 PM.

the1skate #25 Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 247 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH

View PostMaster_Chief69, on 03 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Are you sure they are going afk and not getting disconnected ? I seem to get DC'd  a lot. 

I NEVER used to get disconnects on any of the WG games until they forced us to start using the Game Center.
Now I get frequent disconnects on WoWP and occasional disconnects in WoT and WoWS.
I completely uninstalled all games and the WGC then reinstalled them in case it was a corruption issue.
I even turned off other software that I have always ran in the background like HWMonitor, Afterburner and Steam in case it was a conflict issue.
Game Center is the only thing new in equation and I think it probably needs some work.

cddlbunny #26 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2271 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 04 January 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

I just reset a 4 golden paperclip daily mission and it is defending captured plants, LOL.  Depending on what my new 10 clip mission is, I will reset this one tomorrow.  I wish you had more than one reset a day.  I hope WG changes this too.  What is the harm to WG in giving 2 or 3 resets a day?

​Do not reset any of your missions. They are set to help get maximum value of the planes you have at the time. The 25000 10 ticket mission is a grind but you will learn how most effectively to use the ones you have in the barn. When you start one, finish it.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 07 January 2018 - 07:29 AM.

RECON_RANGER #27 Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

View Postcddlbunny0, on 07 January 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

​Do not reset any of your missions. They are set to help get maximum value of the planes you have at the time. The 25000 10 ticket mission is a grind but you will learn how most effectively to use the ones you have in the barn. When you start one, finish it.

​My account is set up exclusively for these missions.  I have a fighter, GAA, heavy fighter and multirole in every tier category.  I have around a  dozen free premiums and I make them the type for that tier like the SE100 as my heavy between 5-7.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users