Daily Missions with specific targets are causing AFK's

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

mdellyd #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

WG, 

Please eliminate missions with specific targets like the Command Center.  Many players go AFK if the target is not in the game.  Please just make the missions non-specific or at least military bases or airfield/air bases so you know you have at least one in most games.  I believe this will reduce AFK's.    

Thanks,

Recon 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 02 January 2018 - 07:39 PM.

legoboy0401 #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1758 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 02 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

WG, 

Please eliminate missions with specific targets like the Command Center.  Many players go AFK if the target is not in the game.  Please just make the missions non-specific or at least military bases or airfield/air bases so you know you have at least one in most games.  I believe this will reduce AFK's.    

Thanks,

Recon 

Yes please. I have a mission under combat recon to take part in capturing a Mining Plant, but it can't be done in Skies of Albion:sceptic: in which nearly every game I get into has a Mining Plant.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Mercsn #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Definitely.  Besides causing players to afk or drop matches that don't have the objective, some, like mining plants don't even show up until tier 5 matches...but you get the mission for tiers 1-4 (meaning you need to fly a tier 4 and get a tier 4/5 match to even have a chance to do it).

:facepalm:

Edited by Mercsn, 02 January 2018 - 08:07 PM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

FluffyPabu #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 02 January 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

WG, 

Thanks,

Recon 

oh i see, are you talking about people with 0 CP as shown in the picture?

mdellyd #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

First off, that picture is so blury I can't make anything out in it.

Secondly, what is a CP?

Thirdly, if you happen to have a very rare clip of me AFK, I have a poor internet connection.  WG had a developer go AFK at Gamescom twice due to poor internet connections in Russia, or associate countries, which is why WG does not severely punish AFK's in any WG product (WOT's is the most severe but the only penatly of loss of XP and credits, or so I hear, not that I would know, of course).

FluffyPabu #6 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5980 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

Seems like I need to teach you some computer...

First: Hover your mouse cursor over the picture and left click on it. The screenshot is taken in 1080p resolution.

Second: You have over 1k battle.. by this time you should have known what is the short form of Combat Point is.

Third: Before asking somebody else to fix their problem, fix your own. I am playing this game (WoT since 2012) from EU, with a 600KBps speed internet with 150-170ms ping and in a Lenovo Yoga laptop and around 30 fps with the lowest graphics....so please! And I hardly see any AFKs in WoWp and besides there aren't many players and who cares? you are playing mostly against difficult bots which is actually good! This is not an issue that needs attention. And besides, you get a hell lot EXP and credits in WOWP than any other WG games if you play exceptionally well, note that if you win or lose, doesn't matter, it all depends on you how exceptionally you have played.

in short: I find your post exceptionally stupid.

Mercsn #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:08 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

However terrible his own behavior appears, he does have a point with the missions being setup without regard to what is actually possible for a given tier.  WG is aware of this and "working on a fix."  Soon TM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

cddlbunny #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:13 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2316 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Perhaps it would help if you read the requirements of the mission you are working on. The AA mission requires that you kill 10 AA guns in the course of a battle. The CP mission requires that you get CP while defending it after your team captures it or you take it away from the other team. The CP is not at tier one or two levels. This is what players fail to understand. The name of the game is Conquest, not Big Air battle in the middle of the map over a worthless piece of three point real estate. I have seen games where the valuable stuff is taken by the other team because yours wants to have the Big Air Battle in the middle of the map. Conquest: You take things over, defend what you have taken, take what they have away from them and keep them from taking it back. Attention to the mission requirements. Is it over a  single sortie (one go at the pot) or over a battle (as long as you have enough respawns to do it).  

Edited by cddlbunny0, 03 January 2018 - 07:44 AM.

comtedumas #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK
I don't know about that, but make sure all tiers can get all the ground targets like command centers so people can finish their missions.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

comtedumas #10 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostMercsn, on 02 January 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Definitely.  Besides causing players to afk or drop matches that don't have the objective, some, like mining plants don't even show up until tier 5 matches...but you get the mission for tiers 1-4 (meaning you need to fly a tier 4 and get a tier 4/5 match to even have a chance to do it).

:facepalm:

actually, they do show up but they are far more rare than later tiers.  They need to make sure all the tiers have the same opportunity to get the different targets.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

cddlbunny #11 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2316 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Postcomtedumas, on 03 January 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

I don't know about that, but make sure all tiers can get all the ground targets like command centers so people can finish their missions.  

It is a random mixing of targets regardless of what level it is. 

LMG #12 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postcomtedumas, on 03 January 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Not really. Tier 1 and 2 never see Mining Facilities. Tier III and above can when paired up with tier IV, and rarely at that

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

cddlbunny #13 Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2316 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostLMG, on 03 January 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

Not really. Tier 1 and 2 never see Mining Facilities. Tier III and above can when paired up with tier IV, and rarely at that

In other words, you may see the same targets for several games and then the one you want for a couple. Then you work on your other missions and do that one when what you need comes up again. Or you go and have the big air battle over a garrison in the middle of the map while the other team gets yours and yes I have had both of them couple up. Have you noted that some of them say that you also have to win the battle for it to count. Best to read the instructions or descriptions before trying to use the product.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 03 January 2018 - 07:46 AM.

gerr22 #14 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4856 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
been waiting 4 days for a mining facility tier 3 its not happening

cddlbunny #15 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2316 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View Postlegoboy0401, on 02 January 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yes please. I have a mission under combat recon to take part in capturing a Mining Plant, but it can't be done in Skies of Albion:sceptic: in which nearly every game I get into has a Mining Plant.

​They have always suspended the daily missions and the combat recon when they have events such as this. You still get to do them in the "peacetime" mode. CP is for combat points that you earn in game. It is the number that appears beside the lighting bolt and is an indicator of how well you have done in that match.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 03 January 2018 - 02:06 PM.

Master_Chief69 #16 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 551 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Are you sure they are going afk and not getting disconnected ? I seem to get DC'd  a lot. 

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Postgerr22, on 03 January 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

been waiting 4 days for a mining facility tier 3 its not happening

try tier 4?  You may get into a tier 5 battle and that will increase you chances too.  I have the same thing, only waiting for a 'Command Centre' so I can take out bombers.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

mdellyd #18 Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:32 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

I just gave up and reset the mission and got one for multiroles and heavy fighters so I am just going to wait and reset it again tomorrow, I guess.  I am not good at those planes and don't have one at every mission tier. 

I just checked.  I had forgotten I got the SE100 for free so I do have these planes at every mission tier.  I am not very good in them but I am going to give the mission a go and see if I can do it.  I am limited in garage space and could use some free slots. 

Edited by RECON_RANGER, 04 January 2018 - 04:48 AM.

mdellyd #19 Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1407 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 03 January 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

Seems like I need to teach you some computer...

First: Hover your mouse cursor over the picture and left click on it. The screenshot is taken in 1080p resolution.

Second: You have over 1k battle.. by this time you should have known what is the short form of Combat Point is.

Third: Before asking somebody else to fix their problem, fix your own. I am playing this game (WoT since 2012) from EU, with a 600KBps speed internet with 150-170ms ping and in a Lenovo Yoga laptop and around 30 fps with the lowest graphics....so please! And I hardly see any AFKs in WoWp and besides there aren't many players and who cares? you are playing mostly against difficult bots which is actually good! This is not an issue that needs attention. And besides, you get a hell lot EXP and credits in WOWP than any other WG games if you play exceptionally well, note that if you win or lose, doesn't matter, it all depends on you how exceptionally you have played.

in short: I find your post exceptionally stupid.

1.  I have only been playing this game for a couple of months just since patch 2.0. No, I have no idea what a combat point is.  I would assume it's a point you get from combat???????  Also, your english is incredibly poor.  What do you mean by, "what is the short form of combat point is?"

2.  You don't understand sarcasm and humor.

3.  I see a ton of AFK's and/or players just drop especially early mornings when it is one player and all BOTS on each team at higher tiers.  If you are in a heavy fighter and you draw a human in a GAA you have an easy win.  Just go kill him three times and the game is over.  Under those circumstances, if you are in the GAA after you get killed once or twice most players just drop and don't bother to respawn the third time.  I never do this, of course (sarcasm).  Any of my drops are do to my internet connnection (humor).  

4.  What did your post have to do with the topic of the thread? 

In short:  I find your post exceptionally stupid.   

HoIo #20 Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1427 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostRECON_RANGER, on 03 January 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

1.  I have only been playing this game for a couple of months just since patch 2.0. No, I have no idea what a combat point is.  I would assume it's a point you get from combat???????  Also, your english is incredibly poor.  What do you mean by, "what is the short form of combat point is?"

2.  You don't understand sarcasm and humor.

3.  I see a ton of AFK's and/or players just drop especially early mornings when it is one player and all BOTS on each team at higher tiers.  If you are in a heavy fighter and you draw a human in a GAA you have an easy win.  Just go kill him three times and the game is over.  Under those circumstances, if you are in the GAA after you get killed once or twice most players just drop and don't bother to respawn the third time.  I never do this, of course (sarcasm).  Any of my drops are do to my internet connnection (humor).  

4.  What did your post have to do with the topic of the thread? 

In short:  I find your post exceptionally stupid.   

1/2) Have to list them off like this since you got your own points mixed up, it seems. He's got some poor English, and you can correct him. Good job, what did that do for ya? Actually, it seems you can't read English very well if you don't understand what "...by this time you should have known what is the short form of Combat Point is" means. That's not perfect English, but it's not wrong. And clearly, you were not being humorous. If you were being humorous, you would have indicated it to some degree, and judging by your contemptuous intent to point out his lack of understanding English, you should certainly know how to do this, O Captain my Captain? 

3) I'm not even gonna bother trying to address what you said. You completely avoided what he actually said, and decided to talk about something completely different from what you said at the beginning of this thread. Keep it consistent, lest I bring up that I have also seen you AFK from a game yourself. I will say though, that knowing Oliviako and Reitosaur: it doesn't matter if there's an enemy HF on the enemy team, they're gonna kick some major [edited].

4) Nice flame. Where's a moderator when you need one? This thread had one guy (Mercsn) talk about the good points of the OP's suggestion, and already stated it was being worked on. This thread will bring no further productivity.

In short: I find your English to be impeccably, insurmountably lack luster. 

Do try to be original next time.

Edited by HoIo, 04 January 2018 - 05:29 AM.

-Gets 8th in average experience per game-

"Hey guys, I'm in the top 10 :trollface:"

"What about your win rate"

"Oh we don't need to talk about that do we...? Right?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users