Jump to content


GA in Albion Not Getting as Many Points?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

StoptheViolins #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I played a few battles in a GA and after the 2nd battle I realize I only got 8 points for a 4 Chevron mastery and first place finish.  I opted to test the GA slight by firing up my F-84 and run some multi role.  I got between 15-25 points for 0-2 chevron top 3 finishes.  The tier difference between the two planes was 1 il-20 vs F-84.

 

So GA efforts don't matter as much?  Solo flipping CPs aren't significant contributions to the war effort?  Borked or WG is trying to discourage 15v15 GA efforts?

 

Not sure.



pyantoryng #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2166 battles
  • 8,442
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

You get enemy aircraft destroyed, assists, and air defense kills while playing fighters...you only get ground destroyed and the odd assists/kills here and there for GA. Your earnings seem to double on wins.

 

...playing fighters to 20-30 pts a match is tiring though.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

StoptheViolins #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 02 January 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

You get enemy aircraft destroyed, assists, and air defense kills while playing fighters...you only get ground destroyed and the odd assists/kills here and there for GA. Your earnings seem to double on wins.

 

...playing fighters to 20-30 pts a match is tiring though.

 

Frustrating, too especially when multis don't realize that their new meta rewards them for defensive kills vs fighters any aerial kills.  I find myself stuck on defense when playing a fighter but 2/3 a fighter's mastery points is based on assault, too.  So holding onto my seat the whole match as 1vs3 situations pop up while stuck on defense is very tiring.

 

Now you will understand why my F-84 seat time will go up.  I can multi role in it for once.  It is very average which is good.

 

I just wish GA was equally rewards vs the 25% it gets now.



pyantoryng #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2166 battles
  • 8,442
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStoptheViolins, on 02 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

Frustrating, too especially when multis don't realize that their new meta rewards them for defensive kills vs fighters any aerial kills.  I find myself stuck on defense when playing a fighter but 2/3 a fighter's mastery points is based on assault, too.  So holding onto my seat the whole match as 1vs3 situations pop up while stuck on defense is very tiring.

 

Now you will understand why my F-84 seat time will go up.  I can multi role in it for once.  It is very average which is good.

 

I just wish GA was equally rewards vs the 25% it gets now.

 

How fast do the F-84 rearm its stuff?

 

I don't think that's more effective than just focusing on air combat...but considering the Republic's machine gun lock, it might be the way to go.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

FluffyPabu #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5980 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

I played for my friend because he had an emergency.. this is what you can get from playing a fighter

 

 



StoptheViolins #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 02 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

How fast do the F-84 rearm its stuff?

 

I don't think that's more effective than just focusing on air combat...but considering the Republic's machine gun lock, it might be the way to go.

You get points towards mastery by destroying ground target sections so salvo through a cp, then have a go at defense fighters and any red planes, dog fight until the ordinance reloads, repeat.  Good all arounder as it has similar performance to a good many t9 planes.

 

Granted it isn't a big turner like the Yak or FJ-1.



Mercsn #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • 3,299
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostStoptheViolins, on 02 January 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

 

Frustrating, too especially when multis don't realize that their new meta rewards them for defensive kills vs fighters any aerial kills.  I find myself stuck on defense when playing a fighter but 2/3 a fighter's mastery points is based on assault, too.  So holding onto my seat the whole match as 1vs3 situations pop up while stuck on defense is very tiring.

 

Now you will understand why my F-84 seat time will go up.  I can multi role in it for once.  It is very average which is good.

 

I just wish GA was equally rewards vs the 25% it gets now.

Dont confuse the terma "mastery" and "chevrons score" (what is the actual name for the stupid and mostly useless chevrons score? Anyone? ).

 

You get mastery for things that may or may not add to your chevrons score, depending on where you do which things.  


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2166 battles
  • 8,442
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStoptheViolins, on 02 January 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

You get points towards mastery by destroying ground target sections so salvo through a cp, then have a go at defense fighters and any red planes, dog fight until the ordinance reloads, repeat.  Good all arounder as it has similar performance to a good many t9 planes.

 

Granted it isn't a big turner like the Yak or FJ-1.

 

...wait, what are we talking about here? Getting chevrons or getting points towards box?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

StoptheViolins #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 02 January 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

 

...wait, what are we talking about here? Getting chevrons or getting points towards box?

 

Hard to tell - I don't know how or if they relate ;)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users