Jump to content


Bots... what are you even doing?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Shaosty #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 493 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    04-15-2015
Its painful to have an entire team of bots do nothing all 12 minutes but chase bombers while they run around. Also, I think its a bit unrealistic that bots ALWAYS know when they are being aimed at. Its making BnZ aircraft harder and less desirable to play. 

legoboy0401 #2 Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1758 battles
  • 1,753
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostShaosty, on 01 January 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Its painful to have an entire team of bots do nothing all 12 minutes but chase bombers while they run around. Also, I think its a bit unrealistic that bots ALWAYS know when they are being aimed at. Its making BnZ aircraft harder and less desirable to play. 

 

You said it.  in addition, I've noticed that Air Defense Aircraft always know when someone's about to target them. It's like they're predicting the future and adapting accordingly.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


fallanger #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 335 battles
  • 93
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012

its all 2.0 rubbish...uninstall or wait for something  better, I believe our clan certainly is. 2.0 is crap

 


Edited by fallanger, 02 January 2018 - 12:01 AM.


legoboy0401 #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1758 battles
  • 1,753
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postfallanger, on 01 January 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

its all 2.0 rubbish...uninstall or wait for something  better, I believe our clan certainly is. 2.0 is crap

 

 

Nah, 2.0 has a future: Testing the potential of an warplane arcade game without a cheesy, unrealistic lead indicator.

 

Everything you loved about 1.9 everyone else though was 1.9 rubbish, and they uninstalled and waited for something better, which is this.

 

#1.9wasoverrated

 

#Longlive2.0


Edited by legoboy0401, 02 January 2018 - 12:15 AM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


StoptheViolins #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Bots will resume normal flight if you stop shooting at them for half a second or so.. times in perfectly with cannon trigger control.

 



SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • 2,741
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostStoptheViolins, on 02 January 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

Bots will resume normal flight if you stop shooting at them for half a second or so.. times in perfectly with cannon trigger control.

 

 

^ what he said. Bots are easy prey if you stick with them a little as they lose interest or get distracted easily. Probably another reason why TnB is superior to BnZ in the current game - bots know how to dodge... for about five seconds before they absent-mindedly straighten out and wonder what to do next

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Pogo68 #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1649 battles
  • 1,377
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    11-06-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 01 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

 

You said it.  in addition, I've noticed that Air Defense Aircraft always know when someone's about to target them. It's like they're predicting the future and adapting accordingly.

 

​Don't target them, just put the death dot in front and shoot.

 

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

 

^ what he said. Bots are easy prey if you stick with them a little as they lose interest or get distracted easily. Probably another reason why TnB is superior to BnZ in the current game - bots know how to dodge... for about five seconds before they absent-mindedly straighten out and wonder what to do next

 

​So that's why they stop evading and giving me perfect shots.
DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

mullyman #8 Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 36 battles
  • 1,164
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

View Postlegoboy0401, on 01 January 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

 

Nah, 2.0 has a future: Testing the potential of an warplane arcade game without a cheesy, unrealistic lead indicator.

 

Everything you loved about 1.9 everyone else though was 1.9 rubbish, and they uninstalled and waited for something better, which is this.

 

#1.9wasoverrated

 

#Longlive2.0

 

Ha Ha HA Ha HA

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha...

Best joke of 2018 thus far!!!!


mullyman.png

FIight #9 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5069 battles
  • 744
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

Air defense aircraft does need a nerf: they are too maneuverable and could

easily dodge shots from a heavy fighter. BnZ does matter!



StoptheViolins #10 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I had 5-6 bots chasing me one match so I led them on a tour of the game map not to include anything close to a cp.  We laughed, we cried.. good times.

Mercsn #11 Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • 3,299
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

View PostStoptheViolins, on 02 January 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

I had 5-6 bots chasing me one match so I led them on a tour of the game map not to include anything close to a cp. We laughed, we cried.. good times.

This is fun to do. Since bots don't get a longer respawn timer after death, the way players do, this is like permanently removing them from the fight...like you are an early squall.  It's not great for score, but hilarious to watch your own bots work the "power play" and capture sectors. 


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

StoptheViolins #12 Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMercsn, on 02 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

This is fun to do. Since bots don't get a longer respawn timer after death, the way players do, this is like permanently removing them from the fight...like you are an early squall.  It's not great for score, but hilarious to watch your own bots work the "power play" and capture sectors. 

The one rule is to be the closest enemy plane..



LMG #13 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,977
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostShaosty, on 01 January 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Its painful to have an entire team of bots do nothing all 12 minutes but chase bombers while they run around. Also, I think its a bit unrealistic that bots ALWAYS know when they are being aimed at. Its making BnZ aircraft harder and less desirable to play. 

 

I believe Air Defense Aircraft start getting out of the way the second you pull the trigger. It actually allows me to shoo them away by firing a few warning shots towards them on my GAAs :teethhappy:
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

legoboy0401 #14 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1758 battles
  • 1,753
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postmullyman, on 01 January 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

 

Ha Ha HA Ha HA

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ha...

Best joke of 2018 thus far!!!!

 

Yeah no dude, look at your post scores on this thread. Everyone in this thread hates you. The post of mine that you are mocking has gotten 4 upvotes. The combined total of both of your posts on this thread: 0. 

 

P.S. If you want to play something different than World of Warplanes 2.0, go play "that other game" or go find a combat flight simulator. There are plenty of Air Museums around, and many have one. They are very fun.

 

A little harder still than WoWP 2.0, because they have realistic turning circles AND no lead indicator, but still very fun. I should know. I've played a few.

 

Besides, some of them allow you to go upside down while playing when you turn the plane upside down. In other words, the simulator pod's bank angle matches that of the plane you are "flying".


An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


Onyx #15 Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 697 battles
  • 65
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-30-2011

View Postlegoboy0401, on 02 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

 

Yeah no dude, look at your post scores on this thread. Everyone in this thread hates you. The post of mine that you are mocking has gotten 4 upvotes. The combined total of both of your posts on this thread: 0. 

 

P.S. If you want to play something different than World of Warplanes 2.0, go play "that other game" or go find a combat flight simulator. There are plenty of Air Museums around, and many have one. They are very fun.

 

A little harder still than WoWP 2.0, because they have realistic turning circles AND no lead indicator, but still very fun. I should know. I've played a few.

 

Besides, some of them allow you to go upside down while playing when you turn the plane upside down. In other words, the simulator pod's bank angle matches that of the plane you are "flying".

 

Personally I wouldn't use upvotes as an indicator of how liked an idea is.

 

The better thing is just looking at the actual player population.  To me, it seems like there's a much bigger player population than there was pre-2.0.  Hell, I'm here as a direct result of 2.0, so obviously it's doing something right.  I consider the new game mode to actually be fun (PERISH THE THOUGHT) even if it is unrealistic and wonky at times, or have horrible balance issues.  This game could actually grow to be good, it just needs to capitalize on the market WT is largely neglecting by not actually fixing the problems of their game (you know, making it fun to play at a meta level).  It took WoWP a few years to get here, but they finally did, and the game is much better off for it.

 

To put it into perspective, I've developed, with a friend, several different strategies of how to conduct myself on maps depending on what plane I'm in.  Different maps want different strategies, different planes play differently.  And I've found a niche for every style of plane in the game even if there are serious balance concerns.  The old WoWP doesn't look like it really had a meta, it was just a straight up dogfight of you learning each plane vaguely and then just trying to outskill them, largely devolving into high-altitude energy fighting ALA this video..  There's no real skill involved in that beyond the basics of dominating a team with a nigh-literally untouchable plane as you pick off stragglers who fundamentally cannot defend themselves.  That's not good gameplay.

 

Now I'm not going to pretend that video represents combat as of 1.9.  But it's painfully clear from the few times I touched the game post launch that altitude was king, and that there was a severe problem caused by that.  And 2.0 fixed so many of those problems by giving these planes a real purpose.

 

Even multiroles have a purpose because they're fast, agile, and can help flip a base just a little bit faster than you might otherwise expect, something I notice far too many players don't capitalize on (or can't because the bomb/rocket loadouts are too limited or too long a reload, or both).  The game has issues, but I already consider it better than War Thunder to actually play it, since there's a real skill to actually develop in it other than "Suicide at ground targets until you win."



mullyman #16 Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 36 battles
  • 1,164
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

View Postlegoboy0401, on 02 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

Yeah no dude, look at your post scores on this thread. Everyone in this thread hates you. The post of mine that you are mocking has gotten 4 upvotes. The combined total of both of your posts on this thread: 0. 

 

P.S. If you want to play something different than World of Warplanes 2.0, go play "that other game" or go find a combat flight simulator. There are plenty of Air Museums around, and many have one. They are very fun.

 

A little harder still than WoWP 2.0, because they have realistic turning circles AND no lead indicator, but still very fun. I should know. I've played a few.

 

Besides, some of them allow you to go upside down while playing when you turn the plane upside down. In other words, the simulator pod's bank angle matches that of the plane you are "flying".

 

LOL Legoboy...you are a joke.

or said another way...the perfect 2.0 target audience.   Sorry....but I couldn't care less about how many upvotes you get.   The fact that you do says a lot about you.    Hopefully when you turn 17 some things will become more clear for you.


mullyman.png

legoboy0401 #17 Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1758 battles
  • 1,753
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View Postmullyman, on 02 January 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

LOL Legoboy...you are a joke.

or said another way...the perfect 2.0 target audience.   Sorry....but I couldn't care less about how many upvotes you get.   The fact that you do says a lot about you.    Hopefully when you turn 17 some things will become more clear for you.

 

Perhaps. You, however, are a shell of your former glory, and people see that. That you try to protest 2.0 when WG has clearly said they will NEVER EVER EVER go back to the 1.0 experience says a lot about you.

 

I couldn't care less about how much smack talk comes out of your mouth, the fact is, you need to make a decision. Play WoWP and accept it for what it is, or move on.

 

There's no point in complaining on the forums of a new game that the old game is dead.

 

It's the smart thing to do. Like this game or leave it. There really is no in-between.

 

Edit: stop calling me a millennial. I am not. I have a different outlook on life, for one.

 

One would have thought that a 51-year old man would stop rambling on the forums like he did when he was younger, and make smarter, more thoughtful posts, that are a bit more wordy, but mean more.


Edited by legoboy0401, 03 January 2018 - 01:06 AM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


Hurk #18 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 522 battles
  • 54
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

as a returning player that hasnt played since release. here are the good and bad: 

 

good: 

respawn. this game needed it. too many instances of lawn darting or collisions to not allow respawn. 

missions and events. these add something for people to do so that airial combat doesnt get boring. 

 

bad:

objective based game play. killing enemy planes should always be more valuable. objectives should only be things that creep up on a team that ignores them as well as is not doing well in the PVP fights. 

 

supremacy. this needs to be removed. it ends games too fast to respond. 

as a side note, lack of contesting areas. no area should generate resources unless clear of enemy fighters and attack craft (bombers do not count due to the altitude band issues that presents)

 

"final shot" being the most important. this needs to go. i can have the same damage done as someone else, but if he gets the kill shots, hes 200% my combat results. this is not how the game should work. same for ground targets... complete kills are stupid. go back to damage done for both. make kill shots unimportant, and minor, make helping and participation more important. 

 

stupid bots. if you are going to have really stupid bots (ie those that fly in circles and cant decide what to do like we have now) then eliminate the PVP nature and just put all players on one team and bots on the other. i should not have a coin toss of who got better bots matter. 

use the WOWS model, players are mirrored with enemy planes of the same type and equipment, etc. 

 

team bots should always be better than white/NPC bots.  team bots should always be better than air defense craft.  nothing worse than watching my 10 bots fail to capture a zone for 8 solid minutes.


In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.
In Practice, there is.

LMG #19 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 1,977
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostHurk, on 04 January 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

team bots should always be better than white/NPC bots.  team bots should always be better than air defense craft.  nothing worse than watching my 10 bots fail to capture a zone for 8 solid minutes.

 

Actually, Air Defense Aircraft are always weaker, confirmed by WG themselves. They always appear as aircraft of a lower tier, and their stats are nerfed in comparison to their respective aircraft in the tech tree. Bots can fail to capture a sector because only GAA and Bomber bots attack AA emplacements, and they don't even give them priority. Bot Fighters of any tipe will never shoot at ground targets willingly, I doubt they even get ordnance. So if they run out of aerial targets, they'll stick around waiting for them to respawn, oblivious to AA fire, or chase after the closest hostile aircraft they can find, whatever it is. This is why I find it odd that all Bot fighters like to attack Military Bases, as there's only two heavy Air Defense Aircraft there and a lot of high-altitude AA that they'll ignore completely :amazed:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

StoptheViolins #20 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
The defense bots seem to get better as you tier up.  Also if you are patient you can see some built in tactics - one plane will speed ahead while the rest loiter.  Once someone bites on the lead plane the rest swoop in to get on the catch's tail.

One subtracter is the AI in general do not calculate whether the plane they're taking head on has AA rockets.  The ai heavies love to charge head on with my P-94 with rocket pods.




7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users