Jump to content


ME 262 failed expectations


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #81 Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1494 battles
  • 8,146
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPogo68, on 28 April 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

The F2H is good.

Almost like a 262 with rapid firing guns and better turn performance.

 

F2H is like the antithesis of the HG2...would rather have the former over the latter any time.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

The_Wild_Weasel #82 Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1638 battles
  • 380
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I've been using my 262 to combat low lvl RB-17 flights...... works like a charm .... almost like it was intended for this.

 

W_W

 



LeastWeasel #83 Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 748 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 30 April 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

I've been using my 262 to combat low lvl RB-17 flights...... works like a charm .... almost like it was intended for this.

 

W_W

 

High-speed interceptor, baby! Unless everything is lining up for you, you are really better off leaving the tangle of nimble planes behind you, and hunt down those bombers/GA as fast as possible, followed by HF’s. 

 

Mounting R4Ms makes it ideal for big-game hunting; bombs may be a better fit for slashing back and forth across an enemy cap, guaranteed value. More & more, I am finding distinct builds for this plane...



CorvusCorvax #84 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1321 battles
  • 1,220
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_Wild_Weasel, on 30 April 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I've been using my 262 to combat low lvl RB-17 flights...... works like a charm .... almost like it was intended for this.

 

W_W

 

 

I'm glad I read this a few weeks ago.  Two human RB-17 operators at low level were no match for the guns of this plane.  The R4Ms will make a very good addition to the bomber-killer this plane is.

LMG #85 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1668 battles
  • 1,417
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 June 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

I'm glad I read this a few weeks ago.  Two human RB-17 operators at low level were no match for the guns of this plane.  The R4Ms will make a very good addition to the bomber-killer this plane is.

 

The Me 329 has the same guns. I once stumbled upon a low-flying RB-17 focused on flipping our recently captured Mining Facility. I was about to give chase when his reargun critted both of my engines, knocked out the pilot and I think blew off my tail, all the while speeding away at top speed (total engagement time: 4 seconds). Needless to say I just turned around and left the area :unsure:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #86 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2165 battles
  • 1,524
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostLMG, on 11 June 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

 

The Me 329 has the same guns. I once stumbled upon a low-flying RB-17 focused on flipping our recently captured Mining Facility. I was about to give chase when his reargun critted both of my engines, knocked out the pilot and I think blew off my tail, all the while speeding away at top speed (total engagement time: 4 seconds). Needless to say I just turned around and left the area :unsure:

 

329 is pretty slow relative to the RB17. Makes it hard to execute an off axis attack


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


LMG #87 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1668 battles
  • 1,417
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 10 June 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

329 is pretty slow relative to the RB17. Makes it hard to execute an off axis attack

 

I found that out after that battle. Still, I was the best shot for taking him down; I believe he went uncontested for the rest of the match


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #88 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2165 battles
  • 1,524
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostLMG, on 11 June 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

I found that out after that battle. Still, I was the best shot for taking him down; I believe he went uncontested for the rest of the match

 

And that really is the bloody problem with that plane. Unless someone is flying a heavy or some other dedicated bomber hunter, there's no one who can touch them.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


CorvusCorvax #89 Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:33 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1321 battles
  • 1,220
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 11 June 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

 

And that really is the bloody problem with that plane. Unless someone is flying a heavy or some other dedicated bomber hunter, there's no one who can touch them.

 

I have used a Do-335 to hunt the bot flavor of the RB-17.  It works fine for that.  But you need more punch if you're hunting a low-level RB-17 with a buffed tailgun.

SpiritFoxMY #90 Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:36 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2165 battles
  • 1,524
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 11 June 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

 

I have used a Do-335 to hunt the bot flavor of the RB-17.  It works fine for that.  But you need more punch if you're hunting a low-level RB-17 with a buffed tailgun.

 

Bot RBs aren't an issue - I've killed those in 51s.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users