Gunner skills for Heavy Fighter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Legion_of_Boom25 #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 378 battles

If you already have Armorer (2 skill pts...burst length 20%) and  Ballistics Expert (3 skill pts...increase firing rate 15% + 20% more to turret stabilization), and you had 5 or 6 more skill points to divvy out, what would you do between these choices? I know i left the 4 pointer out but just looking at this specific scenario.

• Defensive fire (3 skill pts...reduce damage from target gunner is firing at by 30%)
  • Precision Gunner (3 skill pts...concentrate fire to most vulnerable spots for significant crit chances)
  • Quick reflexes (2 skill pts...reduce aiming by 50%).

It's been a tough call on what direction will work best. Thanks for any opinions and thoughts :honoring:

legoboy0401 #2 Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles

View PostLegion_of_Boom25, on 31 December 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

If you already have Armorer (2 skill pts...burst length 20%) and  Ballistics Expert (3 skill pts...increase firing rate 15% + 20% more to turret stabilization), and you had 5 or 6 more skill points to divvy out, what would you do between these choices? I know i left the 4 pointer out but just looking at this specific scenario.

• Defensive fire (3 skill pts...reduce damage from target gunner is firing at by 30%)
  • Precision Gunner (3 skill pts...concentrate fire to most vulnerable spots for significant crit chances)
  • Quick reflexes (2 skill pts...reduce aiming by 50%).

It's been a tough call on what direction will work best. Thanks for any opinions and thoughts :honoring:

In this current version of Warplanes where you can manually control your turrets, the four-point skill is nigh-useless. It really ought to be removed and replaced with something as valuable as it(I think it's called Weakest Link) used to be in the old version.

I go with defensive fire first over everything else for a GAA gunner,(the basic idea in that is to first get skills that will add to defense, and then go offensive-minded rear gunner skills later) and then do other skills as well.

For a Heavy Fighter, (say,my SE 100,) I am going to get Precision Gunner first, as in a heavy fighter I tend to use my rear gunner more for offensive purposes than purely in self-defense.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

Blucraft #3 Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1351 battles

I'd go Defensive Fire...30% damage reduction has saved my bacon quite a bit :great:.

-Blu

poisonousblood #4 Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5952 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
defensive fire, the 2point skill that increase rof and then quick reflexes for me :great:

Legion_of_Boom25 #5 Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 378 battles
Thanks guys and that has helped me out with the look on it for moving forward :)...Now if only it didn't take forever to gain 1 skill point later on for the pilots, lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users