Difference between returning & resetting a crew skill?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Dr_Wigglespank #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• 717 battles

I have a pilot that has one skill (view range). He's the pilot that came with my XP-31 & I chose that skill when I started playing because I didn't realize how quickly pilot skills can be trained in this game. He's getting close to a second point and I'd like to move him into a new aircraft.

There are two options available: return for 40k credits, or reset for gold. What exactly is the difference. I'm guessing that any of the single point skills can be returned for credits, but those with two or more points take gold. Is this correct?

Wombatmetal #2 Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostDr_Wigglespank, on 31 December 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

I have a pilot that has one skill (view range). He's the pilot that came with my XP-31 & I chose that skill when I started playing because I didn't realize how quickly pilot skills can be trained in this game. He's getting close to a second point and I'd like to move him into a new aircraft.

There are two options available: return for 40k credits, or reset for gold. What exactly is the difference. I'm guessing that any of the single point skills can be returned for credits, but those with two or more points take gold. Is this correct?

Works the same way, you pay silver or gold. Choose the coin you want to spend, result is identical

Blucraft #3 Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1651 battles

Whoa!  I assumed the credit reset gave a lower percentage...could've saved myself some gold :facepalm:.

-Blu

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:11 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

Yea its pretty vague ey. I gambled the crew skill reset the first time. Got all my points back and didn't have to spend a single gold coin.

You'll find alot of this scenario in the hangar UI. 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 01 January 2018 - 04:11 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

pyantoryng #5 Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:41 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2175 battles
There's that little "reset" button to the lower left of skill screen...the silver and gold option is of no difference. Just use silver...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Mercsn #6 Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

The cost ramps up as your pilot/crew increases in total number of skills points.  Each reset gives back all the points for you to completely respect, there's no option to "buy back" one skill point at a time.  You never lose progress though, so the credits option is really a bargain.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2175 battles

View PostMercsn, on 01 January 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

The cost ramps up as your pilot/crew increases in total number of skills points.  Each reset gives back all the points for you to completely respect, there's no option to "buy back" one skill point at a time.  You never lose progress though, so the credits option is really a bargain.

...and credit is so very easy to get anyway...especially with those free prems WG had been doiling around...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Zapperguy #8 Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostMercsn, on 01 January 2018 - 05:02 AM, said:

This is correct. My Pancake pilot has 12 skills. To reset him, it costs 480,000 credits (silver) or 600 gold.

:coin:

To the OP, there is no "return" option. Look a little more closely in game and I think you'll find it says "retrain". If you move your pilot to a different plane say from the Blenheim to the Beaufighter, he won't start gaining special skills until you train him to 100% flying the new bird. To be proficient in a particular plane, your pilot needs to know that plane, just like a real pilot.

You wouldn't put a Cessna pilot in a fighter jet without training. Okay, maybe in the movie Independence Day, but not in the real world.

:honoring:

Edited by Zapperguy, 01 January 2018 - 02:53 PM.

hawkeyededic #9 Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostZapperguy, on 01 January 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

This is correct. My Pancake pilot has 12 skills. To reset him, it costs 480,000 credits (silver) or 600 gold.

:coin:

To the OP, there is no "return" option. Look a little more closely in game and I think you'll find it says "retrain". If you move your pilot to a different plane say from the Blenheim to the Beaufighter, he won't start gaining special skills until you train him to 100% flying the new bird. To be proficient in a particular plane, your pilot needs to know that plane, just like a real pilot.

You wouldn't put a Cessna pilot in a fighter jet without training. Okay, maybe in the movie Independence Day, but not in the real world.

:honoring:

+1 for the Independence Day reference

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

trikke #10 Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Captain

• 3633 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

this is such a comparative freebie...   i can hardly believe that we actually can do this

ty, WG...   and thank you guys for showing us how to do it

and i've got to admit that Dr. Wigglespank spanked me and Toggle several times last night    (in battles last night, i meant)

seemed to us that he had a crap-ton of pilot skills already!   o7

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Dr_Wigglespank #11 Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 717 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 01 January 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

To the OP, there is no "return" option. Look a little more closely in game and I think you'll find it says "retrain".

It does indeed say "price for returning" under the credit option, & "price for resetting" under the gold option.

Posted Image

I figured that if I gambled on the credit option without asking the difference, I might end up losing some skill points. It's pretty sweet that WG gives us that option.

Thank you all for the help.

Edited by Dr_Wigglespank, 01 January 2018 - 10:33 PM.

Mercsn #12 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:06 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

WG has never defeated Translator Boss OR Proofreading Boss. 

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

hoom #13 Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10220 battles

It would be kinda cool if you could clear specific skills by gold vs full reset with Silver.

I'd most likely still use the Silver though.

As is there is pretty much 0 reason to ever use the Gold.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users