F7F Hit Confirmation appears bugged.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Onyx #1 Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 696 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

The weapons on the F7F appear to not correctly provide the feedback sound for when you hit targets, making the plane appear to fail to hit when it is, in fact, hitting.

When firing the .50s by themselves, they flat out refused to play any hit confirmation sounds, and the 20mms appear to only sporadically play their hit confirmation sounds on actual hits, instead of consistently like every other plane.

This is the only plane I've had this problem on.  The Spitfire doesn't have any issues, P-51s don't, XP-75 doesn't, P-47, Beaufighter, 109Z, the list goes on.  It's only the F7F that appears to not correctly register hit confirmations and play the feedback sound.  And only with their .50s.

This leads to a strange, bizarre psychological effect where you can be squarely on a target (esp. if the 20mms are overheated) where you see a lot of sparks,. but without confirmation it feels like there's no damage being done.  The plane is actually doing damage, but it's not.

Before it's suggested:  I have had the game reinstalled and repaired/etc, the client should be fine, and this is only one plane that appears to have the bug, so I'm reasonably confident it's an issue with the F7F specifically.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
You should be grateful. The ticking noise is annoying as all get out.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Colddawg #3 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1077 battles
The whole hit detection system is broken.  I've unloaded on a defending AI until my guns overheated from directly behind it and it didn't take any damage.  My ping is always around 40-60.

Keep your head on the swivel.

Onyx #4 Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 696 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 31 December 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

You should be grateful. The ticking noise is annoying as all get out.

I'm fine with being able to turn it off, but for the purposes of getting on target and staying on target, having that feedback is incredibly helpful, and saying it's okay for it to be broken just because you don't personally like it kinda misses the point, now doesn't it?

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I do admit, it is useful. I just don't think it's appropriate. 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostColddawg, on 31 December 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

The whole hit detection system is broken.  I've unloaded on a defending AI until my guns overheated from directly behind it and it didn't take any damage.  My ping is always around 40-60.

this is to do with the effects of Client Side Prediction. Do a forum search for CSP and that should explain it.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Colddawg #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1077 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 01 January 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

this is to do with the effects of Client Side Prediction. Do a forum search for CSP and that should explain it.

This just started appearing at 2.0.1, it was working just fine in 2.0.

So where in 2.0 i could hit targets just fine based on the visual reference, in 2.0.1+ I have to account for extra lead just to hit the target, often seeing the damage come way later or only show up once I'm overshooting the targets.  I suggest playing the 2nd video at .25 speed and you'll see my adjustment to my aim and then the target really starts taking damage, while instead of when the visual queue shows I'm doing 1-3 damage (miss or minor hit).

Edited by Colddawg, 02 January 2018 - 10:28 PM.

Keep your head on the swivel.

mnbv_fockewulfe #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Mars and I did a test and we found that if you lead your target too closely, you will see Sparks but cause no damage. The person on the receiving end won't receive Sparks or damage. It's most likely the result of CSP and auto-aim combined. 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users