Hey Wargamming, here's an idea....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Steel_Raine #1 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

Senior Airman

• 1534 battles
  • [FK] FK

WARNING: Ranty post ahead

How about making a game that doesn't crash every few games during a dogfight, or when starting a match, or when just in the hanger?

To be semi -constructive, FYI I'm sure that I am not the only one who thinks this, I would rather wait for a stable release than a half baked beta with buggy features.

Stability over new features any day as it doesn't matter what bells and whistles you add if they don't work properly/ This is probably falling on deaf ears, though so the only way that we can get your attention is by voting with our wallets.

People will be willing and happy to spend money on this game if it works, hell I would be willing to spend more than I already have if the game is stable. But the way it is now, crashes are ruining the experience.

Rant over, that is all

P.S. I have already put trouble tickets outlining some of the issues, if you need more info feel free to contact me

Chuck_norris10 #2 Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Your not alone,I have a hard time actually getting any enjoyment out of the game since the new version and by the looks of it,no one's been around in management since DEC. 22nd.

Stopped bleeding money into this game a few months before the new version thankfully.

A lot of us folks told them when this game started out that they need to advertise but it fell on deaf ears as they thought they could just ride the coat tails of their other 2 games.

Maybe they should listen to the players they asked for advice from in the first place.

Steel_Raine #3 Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 1534 battles
  • [FK] FK

This game has potential, I'm not a pre 2.0 player so I don't have any bias towards this version, and to tell you the truth I do enjoy playing it, though the times of pleasure are mixed in with many moments of frustration as it really sucks when you're in an intense dogfight in a close game, then boom, crash to desktop.

I understand this is still a work in progress and I would love to see what a more polished product would be like, but I sure hope that they can solve the instability issues soon, and before they add more features (or if they are going to add new features that they are THOROUGHLY TESTED BEFORE RELEASE) I am not a beta tester, I am a paying customer. Yes I do know this is a free to play game, I choose to support the game with premium time and planes, I just hope they can fix these potentially game breaking issues, before they lose the interest of the new players, like myself, that have come on board. If not I still have my tanks and ships to shift my interest to.

As for listening to their player base, I also understand that some suggestions may not be possible but at least some communication as to what can or can't be done and why would go a long way towards soothing ruffled feathers. I rarely ever post on the forums of either WoT or WoWS, but I choose to make this ranty post because I am passionate about this game, I just hope that Wargamming can keep that passion going by making a stable product. I am willing to give it time, but please the player base only has so much patience before they turn to alternatives, and there are many out there.

Alright rant mode off

Edited by Steel_Raine, 31 December 2017 - 01:28 PM.

Martymart1976 #4 Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 1496 battles
  • [FK] FK
I can understand about the issues, I had 3 crashes last night all at the most inopportune times.  Frustrating is putting it lightly since I average about 2 crashes per night.   I am an IT professional,  Wargaming, I can help! Call me, seems trouble tickets aren't worth a hill of beans.

trikke #5 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've been rock stable since i returned to 2.0

(except for those mini-freezes for the first 3-4 battles have been common since 2.0 if playing from a cold pc startup, but no mini-freezes at all if the pc has been sitting unused for an hour)

until 2.02...   now seeing 25-35 fps often and much lower at rare times, thankfully rare times

nvidia drivers updated 2 days ago, cache cleared yesterday 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Blucraft #6 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 862 battles

I've had some intermittent crashes...but, these things happen with a new version.  I can deal with it.

-Blu

legoboy0401 #7 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 325 battles
I've been disconnected while just sitting in the hangar for a few minutes WAY more often after this new patch than I did for 2.0.1.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

NorthernPorter #8 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 320 battles

I'm glad you posted this, I was beginning to fear something was wrong with my system. I noticed the game crashing more just after the latest release. I don't recall having problems before, but at the same I wasn't playing it as often as Tanks. I just came back into it a few months ago and I like the game a lot more than when it was first released. I have a great time playing it but the system crashes definitely pose a problem for me. Hell, just last night, in a span of an hour the game crashed 3 times on me. I probably should have just called it a night but was having too much fun when the game was actually working.

WG has a good game here in my opinion, but until they can fix the crashing, I'm not confident enough to put more money toward it.

SkyWolf__WM #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1036 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I have been disconnected when I left the machine unnatend for a while but no other problems.

I don't play World of Hiding behind Bushes or World of Rubber Duckies so this is all I have. I'm happy enough.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

legoboy0401 #10 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 325 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 11 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I have been disconnected when I left the machine unnatend for a while but no other problems.

I don't play World of Hiding behind Bushes or World of Rubber Duckies so this is all I have. I'm happy enough.

World of Rubber Duckies is pretty good. It's not always balanced(sometimes balance is ridiculously out of whack), but it's fun. Whatever your thoughts about it, it certainly beats World of Pay2Win + Kemping Bush.

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

legoboy0401 #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 325 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 11 January 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I've been disconnected when actively doing stuff in the hangar, multiple times.

Furysghost #12 Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2217 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

l get them often and NO other games l play do it. WOT and WOWS work perfectly.

Most happen just as battle load in starts otherwise there are less frequent random crashes.

ln a few hour session like Albion l seem to get anywhere from 1 to 5 game crashes.

Desmios #13 Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 669 battles
I have an old old PC and I don't crash at all. What OS are tall on?

The_Chiv #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2625 battles
The last few sets of patches has done nothing to address performance issues, and in fact has caused a few more to pop up. Many people I know and play with have a range on pc's from potato laptops to high-end 4k systems and have complained about these same issues. I myself have a 2k ryzen 8 core system with a 1tb ssd 16 gigs of memory and a gtx 1070. I can play every other wg title at ultra with max fps....and very little performance drop. This game, however, It leaks fps like a boat made of swiss cheese.

legoboy0401 #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 325 battles

View PostThe_Chiv, on 13 January 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

The last few sets of patches has done nothing to address performance issues, and in fact has caused a few more to pop up. Many people I know and play with have a range on pc's from potato laptops to high-end 4k systems and have complained about these same issues. I myself have a 2k ryzen 8 core system with a 1tb ssd 16 gigs of memory and a gtx 1070. I can play every other wg title at ultra with max fps....and very little performance drop. This game, however, It leaks fps like a boat made of swiss cheese.

Yup. This game has potato "optimization".

Furysghost #16 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2217 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Yep yesterday was a very bad "crash" day for me at least 7 of them.

lt used to be l only got them during battle load in now they are coming in the middle of a battle too.

Pretty dam annoying my rig is my own home build hi po gaming set up l have the best internet as well wot and wows no prob or any other game for that matter. 

l came to the party at 2,0 is this a long term issue from before that?

legoboy0401 #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 325 battles

View PostFurysghost, on 13 January 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Yep yesterday was a very bad "crash" day for me at least 7 of them.

lt used to be l only got them during battle load in now they are coming in the middle of a battle too.

Pretty dam annoying my rig is my own home build hi po gaming set up l have the best internet as well wot and wows no prob or any other game for that matter. 

l came to the party at 2,0 is this a long term issue from before that?

I'm also a 2.0 newcomer, but yes, it is. Jingles ranted about WoWP's notorious unreliability LONG BEFORE 2.0 was even a passing thought in the minds of a WG dev working on this game.

trikke #18 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 31 December 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

i've been rock stable since i returned to 2.0

(except for those mini-freezes for the first 3-4 battles have been common since 2.0 if playing from a cold pc startup, but no mini-freezes at all if the pc has been sitting unused for an hour)

until 2.02...   now seeing 25-35 fps often and much lower at rare times, thankfully rare times

nvidia drivers updated 2 days ago, cache cleared yesterday

and i had my first CTD turning the transition from queue to battle this week, while flighting with America's favorite celebrity pilot Toggle   o7

"windows will report this to Microsoft blah, blah..."

i was able to restart the client and get right back in about 2 minutes max

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users