Jump to content


Albion, how did the Germans win if Allies played all BOTS all night?


  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Wombatmetal #81 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1141 battles
  • 1,045
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 30 December 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

you are correct with what you saw...

but not correct with what you might be thinking

 

I might be incorrect, but I cannot go with the other suggestion based on my experience. It just does not match what I saw, which admittedly a small sample set.

 

I also have not heard that any Axis players faced off against a team comprised of only bots. There really is no case for more Axis players today. Just better ones.



Perco_lator #82 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 913
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View Postcrzyhawk, on 30 December 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

 

That's not what I said, but you go ahead and believe what you want to believe.  I picked the side that I had 13 planes to fly instead of the side that I had 5 planes to fly.  It's the same choice I will make tomorrow too, even though Allies lost today.

 

Ya & some day you will figure out that this thread & the issue with a crappy designed event is not about you.

Stab74 #83 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1581 battles
  • 18
  • [B_C_S] B_C_S
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postcrzyhawk, on 31 December 2017 - 04:12 AM, said:

 

I'm pretty sure you are right on.  The Axis wants to be proud of their victory, that's cool.  Personally, I wouldn't be, but that's just me.  With a stacked deck with a handicap, plus coordinating many of the best players/veterans, they beat the zerg.  I honestly don't really view it as much of an accomplishment.

 

I wasn't proud of winning on the Allied side the last several days either.  Winning with the zerg isn't any more of an accomplishment than stacking the deck with vets plus a handicap.

 

It's just a video game.  Why be proud about anything you do in this or any game?  What it boils down to is it was A LOT of fun playing Axis tonight.  Simple as that.  I suppose if you want to continue raining on parades, carry on.

crzyhawk #84 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4081 battles
  • 735
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 31 December 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

 

Twist my words.

I played 3 hours, and at the beginning saw a lot of Axis players but the last 9 or 10 games did not see one, only bots, so I infer there were more Allied players in queue. Mars's suggestion that there were more human players on the Axis side just does not match with my experience

 

I think Mars is mistaken in this case.  I saw very few Axis players at all, and those I did see, were early on.  We know there's a handicap, but we don't know how things are handled under the hood as far as I know.  My guess is, that the Axis players were mostly in voice comms, probably flighted up, and probably a bit of sync dropping happening.  I'm guessing the games those Axis teams were getting in, were utter curb stomps, where as the newbies playing Allied, while winning, were not roflstomping the bots.

 

My guess is, that the winner is calculated by the delta in the game's influence, meaning that even if a team were to win the match by killing out, if the other team had more influence at that point, the Axis gained points rather than the Allies.  That would explain exactly what we see, where the Axis won, even though Allies are reporting not seeing a lot of Axis players.


Specialist A/C

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81-A1; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; P-47B; F4U-1,-4ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K |

UK: Goldfinch; Skua, Type 224; Wirraway; Fantome; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spitfire I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang Ia; Seafang; Vampire Japan: Ki5; A6M2; A6M3 (exp); Ki61 |

Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E-3, G; Spitfire V DB605 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40 M105; Yak7 M82 |  EU: B534; S199


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #85 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:23 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1394 battles
  • 4,910
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 30 December 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

 

I might be incorrect, but I cannot go with the other suggestion based on my experience. It just does not match what I saw, which admittedly a small sample set.

 

I also have not heard that any Axis players faced off against a team comprised of only bots. There really is no case for more Axis players today. Just better ones.

 

oh... I see what you are basing this on...

I'm not sure but by putting together a new group it caught the handicapping mechanism off guard (2 guys in kiev with a TI 30 calculator) so whatever the impact of this surprise group was it was enough to overtake the other group... very smart move IMO


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


crzyhawk #86 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:24 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4081 battles
  • 735
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

View PostStab74, on 31 December 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

 

It's just a video game.  Why be proud about anything you do in this or any game?  What it boils down to is it was A LOT of fun playing Axis tonight.  Simple as that.  I suppose if you want to continue raining on parades, carry on.

 

I'm not raining on anyone's parade.  I suppose I don't understand; I don't feel like I had less fun tonight even though the Allies lost than I had yesterday when they won.  Conversely, I don't understand how you Axis guys had more fun.

 

Great job though, I hope the Axis wins tomorrow too, if it means you guys have more fun.


Specialist A/C

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81-A1; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; P-47B; F4U-1,-4ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K |

UK: Goldfinch; Skua, Type 224; Wirraway; Fantome; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spitfire I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang Ia; Seafang; Vampire Japan: Ki5; A6M2; A6M3 (exp); Ki61 |

Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E-3, G; Spitfire V DB605 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40 M105; Yak7 M82 |  EU: B534; S199


Luka_Govisky #87 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles
  • 176
  • [ERAD] ERAD
  • Member since:
    03-04-2012

All I know is that doing this event have thus far gotten me scraps. Not sure why I even bother to farm an extra crate when all you get is a few thousand credit and a couple of consumable.

 

I have only gotten ONE event specific decorative item and that was the highlight of it all.



The_Chiv #88 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3018 battles
  • 71
  • [-BAD] -BAD
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I have played allies every day other than this last time. It became boring. Seal clubbing 1 or 2 players every 4 matches doesn't feel like a challenge. That's why I played axis and asked many others to join in the effort. Hell, I made a vid and did a giveaway to support this concept.  I was so happy to see the community really come together for a real fight and not another round of clubbing seals. Then I read this thread and saw the same entitlement that has plagued other WG titles show its face.

 

It's a pretty simple concept. Organized efforts will always cause an effect on an event. That's what happened here tonight. Not some 9/11 conspiracy or rigging, so you can put away your tin foil hats. It was just teamwork and determination.



MARS_REVENANT #89 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • 9,486
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_Chiv, on 30 December 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

I have played allies every day other than this last time. It became boring. Seal clubbing 1 or 2 players every 4 matches doesn't feel like a challenge. That's why I played axis and asked many others to join in the effort. Hell, I made a vid and did a giveaway to support this concept.  I was so happy to see the community really come together for a real fight and not another round of clubbing seals. Then I read this thread and saw the same entitlement that has plagued other WG titles show its face.

 

It's a pretty simple concept. Organized efforts will always cause an effect on an event. That's what happened here tonight. Not some 9/11 conspiracy or rigging, so you can put away your tin foil hats. It was just teamwork and determination.

 

This guys gets it.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Perco_lator #90 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:37 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11 battles
  • 913
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 30 December 2017 - 11:35 PM, said:

 

This guys gets it.

 

But it's not rigging ..wink.. wink.

Wombatmetal #91 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1141 battles
  • 1,045
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View Postcrzyhawk, on 30 December 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

 

I'm not raining on anyone's parade.  I suppose I don't understand; I don't feel like I had less fun tonight even though the Allies lost than I had yesterday when they won.  Conversely, I don't understand how you Axis guys had more fun.

 

Great job though, I hope the Axis wins tomorrow too, if it means you guys have more fun.

 

I know I had more fun going against players. 

 

 



Wombatmetal #92 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1141 battles
  • 1,045
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 30 December 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

 

This guys gets it.

 

Like I said, the better team one.

MARS_REVENANT #93 Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • 9,486
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPerco_lator, on 30 December 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

 

But it's not rigging ..wink.. wink.

 

 

Oh its totally rigged.  The minute there is a group of players making it lopsided. It is how it was in the past 2 events, and every day for this event.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 31 December 2017 - 04:52 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


StoptheViolins #94 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2182 battles
  • 1,236
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
No, the losing team gets a bonus the next battle and it's cumulative. I just forgot that and didn't switch to Axis.  Since they lost ~5 times in a row they got a nice fat bonus for each contribution towards a battle.  Tomorrow back to each side being even.

Luka_Govisky #95 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 83 battles
  • 176
  • [ERAD] ERAD
  • Member since:
    03-04-2012

View PostThe_Chiv, on 31 December 2017 - 04:34 AM, said:

I have played allies every day other than this last time. It became boring. Seal clubbing 1 or 2 players every 4 matches doesn't feel like a challenge. That's why I played axis and asked many others to join in the effort. Hell, I made a vid and did a giveaway to support this concept.  I was so happy to see the community really come together for a real fight and not another round of clubbing seals. Then I read this thread and saw the same entitlement that has plagued other WG titles show its face.

 

It's a pretty simple concept. Organized efforts will always cause an effect on an event. That's what happened here tonight. Not some 9/11 conspiracy or rigging, so you can put away your tin foil hats. It was just teamwork and determination.

 

Hmm, so WG decided to gift Axis a win so people would watch their game's stream lol.

 

No big deal, you've got to eat, WG got to eat, and I sure don't want the game to die off either.


Edited by Luka_Govisky, 31 December 2017 - 05:49 AM.


pyantoryng #96 Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:58 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2236 battles
  • 8,456
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I got in 10 minutes late and I'm having the upcountry LaGG so I quitted early. I guess people have started to run out of steam...

 

Curse WG for their secrecy of the mechanics (when they were very open about it the last two times).



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Braincage #97 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:16 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1324 battles
  • 46
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLuka_Govisky, on 31 December 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

 

Hmm, so WG decided to gift Axis a win so people would watch their game's stream lol.

 

No big deal, you've got to eat, WG got to eat, and I sure don't want the game to die off either.

 

I really need to start selling Tinfoil hats. I would make a KILLING!

FIight #98 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5069 battles
  • 745
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

The point is: when you decide to initiate the mechanism, you need to publicize it, that's basic

rule for business people.

 

You can't say Axis has the better pilots, cuz Kasyut2207 is also on Allie side, and he's by far

a great pilot. We all witnessed how skillful he is in tier 8-10 and we don't even get a human

player on the red teams. For over 20 matches and no human players. I guess those pro-axis

people will stop laughing when the server put them against a team with Kasyut: he's a tough

opponent for red teams.

 

In old times there are plenty who insisted on axis, but all of a sudden most of the people are

choosing allie. I did remember I have even made a video about Me-1099 on the last axis-allie

event. Why is that? It's the imbalance of axis-allie power. The axis planes are generally weak

and incapable compared to allie planes. The maneuverable Yak, La dominate the low altitude, 

the agile F-86 and attacker dominate the mid-to-high altitude. Even Javelin is better than Me-262HGIII

now and there are bunch of allie planes that is superior to the axis counterpart. Look at axis: the

Me-1092 and Me-1101 are great all-arounders but no match for F-86. The Ki-162-III is very agile

but still cannot outturn Yaks. The J7W3 is great for GAA hunting but not many own it. 

 

Underlying the player imbalance is the imbalance of planes under new conquest mode. Players

are eventually smart and they will choose the side with better planes. Rework of the different

armament as well as planes is needed to make this game regain popularity.



SpiritFoxMY #99 Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5067 battles
  • 2,786
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Bah, all I have to say about this bellyaching - glhf, see you guys tomorrow.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


The_Chiv #100 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3018 battles
  • 71
  • [-BAD] -BAD
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostEinssniper, on 31 December 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

The point is: when you decide to initiate the mechanism, you need to publicize it, that's basic

rule for business people.

 

You can't say Axis has the better pilots, cuz Kasyut2207 is also on Allie side, and he's by far

a great pilot. We all witnessed how skillful he is in tier 8-10 and we don't even get a human

player on the red teams. For over 20 matches and no human players. I guess those pro-axis

people will stop laughing when the server put them against a team with Kasyut: he's a tough

opponent for red teams.

 

In old times there are plenty who insisted on axis, but all of a sudden most of the people are

choosing allie. I did remember I have even made a video about Me-1099 on the last axis-allie

event. Why is that? It's the imbalance of axis-allie power. The axis planes are generally weak

and incapable compared to allie planes. The maneuverable Yak, La dominate the low altitude, 

the agile F-86 and attacker dominate the mid-to-high altitude. Even Javelin is better than Me-262HGIII

now and there are bunch of allie planes that is superior to the axis counterpart. Look at axis: the

Me-1092 and Me-1101 are great all-arounders but no match for F-86. The Ki-162-III is very agile

but still cannot outturn Yaks. The J7W3 is great for GAA hunting but not many own it. 

 

Underlying the player imbalance is the imbalance of planes under new conquest mode. Players

are eventually smart and they will choose the side with better planes. Rework of the different

armament as well as planes is needed to make this game regain popularity.

 

Played with and against him decent pilot, equal skill as many others I have played with, but one great player does not make a team......

 

As for allies having better planes I really cant deny this fact. Skill levels need to play axis planes well vs ally planes is pretty high and something I think should be adjusted..

 

Hopefully WG next time will make faction balancing a little more even. Best way to do this would be France and Russia being universal and usable by both factions. Ironically this would be historically accurate but it would mean Russians would have to admit they were allies with the Germans at one point in ww2, so I doubt that will happen as its kinda a sore point they like to gloss over.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users