Albion, how did the Germans win if Allies played all BOTS all night?

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

MagicMikeV #101 Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:56 AM

Senior Airman

• 871 battles
Because it’s rigged. And you have people that influence others to take one side. Look on Reddit for example. One person starts a thread saying what side is going to win and guess what the outcome is.

Braincage #102 Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles

View PostMagicMikeV, on 31 December 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Because it’s rigged. And you have people that influence others to take one side. Look on Reddit for example. One person starts a thread saying what side is going to win and guess what the outcome is.

I don't think anyone said which side was going to win. How could anyone have known? There was an invitation for people to join Axis as a challenge to see if the outcome could be influenced.

SpiritFoxMY #103 Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5067 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostBraincage, on 31 December 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

I don't think anyone said which side was going to win. How could anyone have known? There was an invitation for people to join Axis as a challenge to see if the outcome could be influenced.

Well it succeeded given the comments here. You guys playing tomorrow?

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Braincage #104 Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 31 December 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Well it succeeded given the comments here. You guys playing tomorrow?

I'm going to get drunk and go balls deep into PoE my Dude.

Martymart1976 #105 Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5883 battles
  • [FK] FK
It was a fun game last night, my hats off to the Axis.  They clearly went after it and got the win.  I do now that lots of people playing last night in my clan flee until they got their 2 crates and logged off.  I dint know if this happened on a grand scale but I dont think this is something to go into tinfoil hat territory over.  Sounds like a bunch of people sounding like they are mad because they felt they were ENTITLED to more loot crates and can't can't understand why they lost.  Does this sound familiar? Looks like some snowflakes need to get over it and work tonight for those crates.

DrSinister #106 Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

OK, this is the 3rd time that this type of event has happened in WoWp.  This is the 1st time for 2.0.  Many of you newer players have not played the game until 2.0 started.

This type of event the last two times has a handicap that was displayed.  So after so many wins on one side, eventually it becomes very hard to win unless you pick the other side.  Now when Albion event first started a lot of people assumed that there was no handicap because it was not displayed, but there might have been a handicap in place that we just do not see.

Also, just because you played the Allies and only played vs Axis bots does not mean that there was no Axis players online.  A few days ago I played the Axis side and played up in T8, T9, T10 and guess what?  Not a single Allies were humans, but on Axis I had anywhere from 2-4 humans (not counting myself).  Then I went a few games at T5 and T6 and even then only 2 games had Allies players.

pyantoryng #107 Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2230 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 31 December 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

OK, this is the 3rd time that this type of event has happened in WoWp.  This is the 1st time for 2.0.  Many of you newer players have not played the game until 2.0 started.

This type of event the last two times has a handicap that was displayed.  So after so many wins on one side, eventually it becomes very hard to win unless you pick the other side.  Now when Albion event first started a lot of people assumed that there was no handicap because it was not displayed, but there might have been a handicap in place that we just do not see.

Also, just because you played the Allies and only played vs Axis bots does not mean that there was no Axis players online.  A few days ago I played the Axis side and played up in T8, T9, T10 and guess what?  Not a single Allies were humans, but on Axis I had anywhere from 2-4 humans (not counting myself).  Then I went a few games at T5 and T6 and even then only 2 games had Allies players.

Wasn't handicap used in both ways back then? Both increased contribution on wins AND more starting points?

WG just tries to stay in the dark on 2.0...or can we blame the holidays?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

anamals53 #108 Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• 693 battles
Odd I played tiers 9,10 all night and only saw axis in 3-4 of the battles human . So for 80% it was bots only , granted high tier bots mostly . But I still had a 100% win. No complaints , had a good time .

trikke #109 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• 3807 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostBraincage, on 31 December 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

I'm going to get drunk and go balls deep into PoE my Dude.

umm...  remember that if your dude Poe says no, no means no

whether you've both been drinking or not 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Krautjaeger #110 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 943 battles
  • [KOOKS] KOOKS

To be frightfully honest I never, ever, believe Wargaming's countdown for a win or completion in any of their games. The messed that up twice in WoWs and the event ended while we were still playing it. It's scripts that run in the background, designed to make it exciting for the players and if allies have won a lot the scripts will be altered to help axis win a bit.

DrSinister #111 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 31 December 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Wasn't handicap used in both ways back then? Both increased contribution on wins AND more starting points?

WG just tries to stay in the dark on 2.0...or can we blame the holidays?

Yes they had handicaps in the last 2 events of this nature, but they were not the same scale used.  IIRC the side that kept winning had more points added to their side that they need to reduce vs the other side.  It was hard to tell if the other side got more for their win.  But I know by event 2 they made it scale more for the side that kept losing.

Albion Event now seems to have the same Starting number to reduces as you win, but that the games won may reduce it more compared to the side that was always winning each day.  If it is like that for Albion even a small number of Axis will sway the game if they get a high enough handicap.

Killerpopcorn #112 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 358 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBraincage, on 30 December 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

Literally nobody, but I stream World of Warplanes on Twitch daily

Just a streamer who unintentionally trolls the trolls by allowing the trolls to get trolled because they trolled themselves.

Air Raid #1: 4th place/Air Raid #2 3rd Place/Air Raid #4 2nd Place/Air Raid #5 9th place

Crossover #1 1st Place/ Launch Event 1st place

MARS_REVENANT #113 Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostDrSinister, on 31 December 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Yes they had handicaps in the last 2 events of this nature, but they were not the same scale used.  IIRC the side that kept winning had more points added to their side that they need to reduce vs the other side.  It was hard to tell if the other side got more for their win.  But I know by event 2 they made it scale more for the side that kept losing.

Albion Event now seems to have the same Starting number to reduces as you win, but that the games won may reduce it more compared to the side that was always winning each day.  If it is like that for Albion even a small number of Axis will sway the game if they get a high enough handicap.

it was and still is the opposite. You have to reduce the enemies number, so the lower number is losing. I dont think there is a handicap this time around, there have been too many Allied victories in a row for the handicap to make any sense. 

Everyone was saying Allies since the start, the only time Axis wins is when a lot of people decided to switch. Our population isnt big enough for that many people switching to not make a difference.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

DrSinister #114 Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 31 December 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

it was and still is the opposite. You have to reduce the enemies number, so the lower number is losing. I dont think there is a handicap this time around, there have been too many Allied victories in a row for the handicap to make any sense. 

Everyone was saying Allies since the start, the only time Axis wins is when a lot of people decided to switch. Our population isnt big enough for that many people switching to not make a difference.

True there might not even be a handicap in Albion.  Or there can be one that we do not see like we did in the last 2.  

Remember in the 1st event we went 5 days or even 6 days Allies winning before the handicap was too much that we lost going on the next day as Allies and then we switched. That is why in the 2nd event WG adjusted the handicap to force the change of sides around day 3/4.

But yes if we went based on how they adjusted it then I would have to say that there is no handicap because we went that long without on the Allies side.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #115 Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Captain

• 1388 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 31 December 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

umm...  remember that if your dude Poe says no, no means no

whether you've both been drinking or not 

trikle... your sickness does not go unappreciated

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #116 Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

Captain

• 1388 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDrSinister, on 31 December 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

True there might not even be a handicap in Albion.  Or there can be one that we do not see like we did in the last 2.  

Remember in the 1st event we went 5 days or even 6 days Allies winning before the handicap was too much that we lost going on the next day as Allies and then we switched. That is why in the 2nd event WG adjusted the handicap to force the change of sides around day 3/4.

But yes if we went based on how they adjusted it then I would have to say that there is no handicap because we went that long without on the Allies side.

the fact still remain... to argue, debate and make factual claims we have to have more factual information...

WG is not giving it up so we speculate with whatever info we can distill through observation... that's ruff

one thing that I'd like to ask everyone's opinion on is,

with 1:25 wait times in queue during the "Big Event" and scrawny 5 humans representing a side... what the hell is the true population... I really mean it...

The last Christmas event we'd drop in 30 secs and have almost all humans...

lets debate this question... how many people are really playing?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #117 Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

Captain

• 3807 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i'm guessing max 2k on NA on a daily average, regardless of the 4k numbers that smart guy dug up from the HoF
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #118 Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• 1388 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 31 December 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

i'm guessing max 2k on NA on a daily average, regardless of the 4k numbers that smart guy dug up from the HoF

4k is probably about right... and without advertising, quality, interesting endgame, fun factor... it's draining quickly

remember, there are different levels of involvement for players... a person who plays 5-10 games a week is still a player

there are 21 hours of playing time in a day... average people have only a 1-3 hour window of playtime/day...

that's why I shake my head when new players say 1.x had only 200-400 players...

collective reasoning fails people when they all start parroting the same song and feel empowered because the group all agrees... regardless of the facts...

oh well... teaching is hard, 

as Chico says... not my job man'g

MARS_REVENANT #119 Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 31 December 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

4k is probably about right... and without advertising, quality, interesting endgame, fun factor... it's draining quickly

remember, there are different levels of involvement for players... a person who plays 5-10 games a week is still a player

there are 21 hours of playing time in a day... average people have only a 1-3 hour window of playtime/day...

that's why I shake my head when new players say 1.x had only 200-400 players...

collective reasoning fails people when they all start parroting the same song and feel empowered because the group all agrees... regardless of the facts...

oh well... teaching is hard, 

as Chico says... not my job man'g

Near the end of 1.9 we did only have an average of 400 players online during what should be peak hours of 9 - 11pm ET.

Its tough to judge what we have now. I still see a lot of 1v1 or 2v2 at high tiers and I think queue times for those tiers are about the same or slightly longer than before.  Low tiers have more players and faster queue, same as 1.9 though.

There definitely seems to be a lot more forum activity since 2.0, and a lot more positivity from streamers/you tubers and reviewers.  They chose a grass roots approach instead of a full on re-release and advertising.  This way will take longer, and it has only been about 2 months and we have had 2 big events so far and  New Years is still to come. Take a look at the timing for the P-80 event last year.

I think we have a bigger population, but only slightly more than we had in 1.9.  Which is an improvement. 1.9 was on the steady decrease, that is a fact we know. Over about 2 years it decreased from roughly 600 to 400 players online at peak times.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 31 December 2017 - 06:12 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Braincage #120 Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1324 battles

View PostKillerpopcorn, on 31 December 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

Just a streamer who unintentionally trolls the trolls by allowing the trolls to get trolled because they trolled themselves.

So am I the one who lives under a bridge or do they? I'm lost...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users