WGC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

Captain

• 31 battles

I tired to get a simple answer

Block Quote

Can you tell me where game center update files are located so that I can delete those files? 

I got a response from WG Tech support on the question

Block Quote

Hi FlakValleyExpress,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support! We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent in creating a ticket regarding this matter. All the files that are downloaded for Wargaming are located at Local Disk C > Games. However, if you accidentally delete files that are important, it might mess up the game that you are playing. Let us know how it goes. If you have any other concerns, you may visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Best regards,

Wargaming America Support

In other words hands off the software, don't delete anything. Well we all know where WG normally put the update files for WoWP

Block Quote

C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes_NA\updates

However where do the put the WGC files since this is a separate process. I found them located here

Block Quote

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wargaming.net\GameCenter\

To proceed further for the update files I went to the update directory.

Block Quote

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wargaming.net\GameCenter\updates

But when I went into that directory it was empty. Now I know there was few updates since 12/23/2017, so those files should still be there. I then look into the log files

Block Quote

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wargaming.net\GameCenter\logs

It appears that the WGC process has a clean up routine that once an update is done. It deletes those WGC update files. Now this process does not delete the regular WoWP update files, only the WGC updates. For those, you will have to do those manually yourself. I thought I would let our community know as a FYI

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 29 December 2017 - 02:44 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

pyantoryng #2 Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1670 battles
i.e. only WGC is smart enough to clean up its own update process...the games will have to be done the ancient way, *per usual*...:sceptic:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Also tagged with WGC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users