Few questions.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_Bruiser_ #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4261 battles

How did player run tourneys turn out before 2.0? good, bad, ugly

Would there be enough interest to run these now ?

Did WG assist at all in past events?

Has there been any talk/rumors of modes like ranked or skirmishes?

I know player count is low, but some of these types of things may attract the players from other WG titles.

Thx in advance for any input ...

DrSinister #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Player ran tourneys were hit or miss.  I tried to run the last tourney before it went to 2.0 and only 2 teams signed up.  I even had a gold payout for each team that made it to the bracket.

WG did at first assist and even hosted their own tourney events but then they just slowly stop assisting/hosting.

The way 2.0 is setup now, idk if it would have enough interests to do a tourney especially a conquest mode, maybe if other modes comes out.  Personally I can see a conquest mode still work, just would use different tactics and strategies compared to the old team death match style of play. 

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3875 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

There were some pretty big tournaments as well as community created clan wars with custom maps and websites, but as the interest in WOWP dwindled it became harder and harder to fill rosters with competitive players.  As DrS already mentioned WG support seemed to dwindle alongside the player base.

When we had a decent base of players, we had some really good tournaments between clans and even mixed rosters.  A few of the community run tournaments had more participation than any of the WG tournaments, but they also included prizing handed out from WG.

There were a few bad apples that spoiled it, some got caught cheating, some grew jealous and stopped at nothing to undermine future tournaments.  It was all related to the shrinking player base and a concentration of bad apples.

Hopefully if clans start up again, rivalries and tournaments will form.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
My last scrimmage had a decent turnout. Not full teams, but teams none the less. I'll try hosting another one next week.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2734 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I don't pay enough attention to community announcements - I enjoyed the last scrum

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

_Bruiser_ #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4261 battles
Thx for all the info guys. I'm really interested in getting something going. Even if its a monthly scrum....

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 December 2017 - 12:35 AM, said:

My last scrimmage had a decent turnout. Not full teams, but teams none the less. I'll try hosting another one next week.

Keep me posted, been recruiting and dragging ppl from wows and wot. Could possibly bring 10-12 ppl if givin enough time to let em all know.

Also mnbv_, thx again for your camera mod. just cant stand the standard camera anymore :)

Edited by _Bruiser_, 29 December 2017 - 01:15 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Captain

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post_Bruiser_, on 29 December 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

Thx for all the info guys. I'm really interested in getting something going. Even if its a monthly scrum....

Keep me posted, been recruiting and dragging ppl from wows and wot. Could possibly bring 10-12 ppl if givin enough time to let em all know.

Also mnbv_, thx again for your camera mod. just cant stand the standard camera anymore :)

Neither can I.

I've been fooling around with the camera settings this morning to no avail. And every time I test a change and it doesn't show, all I can think of the current camera is, "Ew..."

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users