XP-58

Issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Furysghost #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2214 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

So l was lead to believe this A/C was decent heavy fighter...

So of course l got it out of the tech tree and OMG! Its a real tuff nut to crack at least for me. 

My big issue with it is the guns... ..they all fire at the same time and slowwwly. Trying to land hits with it is virtually luck as it seems to stray off point of aim just a little bit LOL.

As you might know it has four very closely grouped 37mm auto cannons in the nose. Great just like the P-38 and l really like it! Nah lts kinda workable against a bomber or other lge A/C but small A/C not so much.

The 4 guns fire, big pause, then again, big pause, so trying to lead the slow moving shells onto a target is really hard. Usually just about the time you might be actually almost there zoom target gone and rinse and repeat.

So heres the thing why on earth do the guns fire 4 at a time?

lRL of the time period the recoil would wreck the A/C as well as slow it down considerably plus if the guns actually fired sequentially you might be able to hit something with them as seeing your shots and quickly be able to walk them onto the target.

At the very least if they fired in pairs sequentially (upper/lower) l might be able to swallow that but 4 at a time well me thinks thats broken. 

l don't know... any owners out there with words of advice as l am stuck with it but in all honesty had l know that quirk with the guns l would have passed on it.

On the plus side l should give the Devs a thumbs up for fixing the Mustang 1a guns in 2.02 what a difference for that A/C!

FlakValleyExpress #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

Captain

• 17 battles
Are you talking about now in post update 2.0? Because before that the XP-58 is one badass fighter. Another factor could be the gunsights are nerfed. Wargaming has a problem where the planes are not all the same and feel it must be so for the playing field in balance.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

trikke #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostFurysghost, on 28 December 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

So heres the thing why on earth do the guns fire 4 at a time?

lRL of the time period the recoil would wreck the A/C as well as slow it down considerably plus if the guns actually fired sequentially you might be able to hit something with them as seeing your shots and quickly be able to walk them onto the target.

At the very least if they fired in pairs sequentially (upper/lower) l might be able to swallow that but 4 at a time well me thinks thats broken. 

that does make sense...  plus the cooldown would be so much more manageable 

i wonder if it was nerfed to compensate for it's otherwise general badassedness?

i still like it, even with it's flaws...   

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

StoptheViolins #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1373 battles
You should play some P-39 style planes a match or two to get used to cannon craft.  It takes a lot more planning to shoot something with cannon.

blackmustang5 #5 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 744 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 28 December 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

You should play some P-39 style planes a match or two to get used to cannon craft. It takes a lot more planning to shoot something with cannon.

You can try the Yak 7-9 line too. Hella fun taking out low XP planes with one shot once you get on to it.

pyantoryng #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 892 battles

The true emulators of this style of play are Ta 152 with MK 103s, I-211 with top gun, and I-215.

The hub-derp props still have minor caliber guns as "tracer". They won't fully recreate the XP-58's style that fully relies on derp guns.

...and having low ping helps.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #7 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostStoptheViolins, on 28 December 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

You should play some P-39 style planes a match or two to get used to cannon craft. It takes a lot more planning to shoot something with cannon.

absolutely true...   hitting someone with those big guns is like a mini-game inside the overall game

both frustrating and rewarding at the same time

Destroyer_Suzukaze #8 Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 678 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 28 December 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

The true emulators of this style of play are Ta 152 with MK 103s, I-211 with top gun, and I-215.

The hub-derp props still have minor caliber guns as "tracer". They won't fully recreate the XP-58's style that fully relies on derp guns.

...and having low ping helps.

Have not played the XP-58 yet, but I have played my Yak 7 and Yak 9, and the shell drop is so different on the cannon that unless you are right on top the tracers aren't any help

Johnny_Wishbone #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 289 battles

Shells don't drop.  In this game, shells are lasers.  But they do move at different speeds.

Anyhow, yes.  The -58's guns are a massive pain in the [edited].  But they are oh, so choice when you DO land a few hits.

trikke #10 Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostJohnny_Wishbone, on 05 January 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

Shells don't drop.  In this game, shells are lasers.  But they do move at different speeds.

Anyhow, yes.  The -58's guns are a massive pain in the [edited].  But they are oh, so choice when you DO land a few hits.

i see what looks exactly like massive shell drop in turn fights, but it's only the shell going straight while i keep turning 

ballistics has been a war science since our ancestors were throwing rocks at each other 

Edited by trikke, 05 January 2018 - 03:36 PM.

Also tagged with Issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users