game unable to start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MBT808 #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1063 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4

as the title says, the game doesn't start. Ive so far reinstalled twice(The install process isn't working very well, it struggles to even start or resume), the repair tool doesn't work, and the WG check tool comes back with an odd response(in the attached images). I don't know what is going on, I even reinstalled the game center but to no avail.

Strangely both world of warships and world of tanks still work perfectly fine. If anyone has run into this, please help(I have contacted WG support, but as usual their going as quickly as possible to help me).

edit: a suggestion from WG support fixed it, delete the world of warplanes folder(in the wargaming folder) in your roaming folder. Not sure why it fixed it, but it did.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by MBT808, 30 December 2017 - 10:29 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I've had the exact same problem since last Friday when I updated the game to version 2.0.2.

I've been away from my computer with WOWP installed in it for the last two days so I haven't been able to try support's solution yet.

They told me to download a newer version of WG Checker, but when I had someone at home do it for me, when they ran the checker it said the game need to update, so when they updated the game the Checker still said the game needed to be updated. :amazed:

When I get home I'll share if support's solution worked or not.

edit: the first thing they told me was that my graphics card was below minimum requirments to run the game and then they closed my ticket. They reopened it when I called B's on them and then they told me it was an OS update causing interference. No go on that too, so now I'm waiting for the above statement to happen.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 28 December 2017 - 01:55 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

legoboy0401 #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 December 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

I've had the exact same problem since last Friday when I updated the game to version 2.0.2.

I've been away from my computer with WOWP installed in it for the last two days so I haven't been able to try support's solution yet.

They told me to download a newer version of WG Checker, but when I had someone at home do it for me, when they ran the checker it said the game need to update, so when they updated the game the Checker still said the game needed to be updated. :amazed:

When I get home I'll share if support's solution worked or not.

edit: the first thing they told me was that my graphics card was below minimum requirments to run the game and then they closed my ticket. They reopened it when I called B's on them and then they told me it was an OS update causing interference. No go on that too, so now I'm waiting for the above statement to happen.

Same here. That's not right, and my game works perfectly fine on other computers for me, just not this one, but, the explanation is clearly wrong. This computer that I type this on is a good computer, and above the minimum requirements of ALL Wargaming.Net Games(it's just barely over the minimum requirements for more-taxing WoWS, but it is). Wargaming Support Staff are ninnys.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

MBT808 #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1063 battles
  • [BB-C4] BB-C4

response from WG:

Hi MBT808,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

We apologize for any inconvenience this game client issue had caused you. Let me help you out on this.

Try using this link for you to run a WGCheck report. Once done, please attach this to this email for us to investigate further.

We look forward to your reply!

Best Regards,

Michael Dalton

Not much help yet, just the usual automated response. Does human life exist at war gaming support?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users