i can throttle back, but does using wep for a moment...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 847 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

obviously i can throttle back, but does using wep for just a moment while you were throttled back leave you back at the original throttled-back power setting?

or does it leave you at full normal power?

there's no power level indicator, and i'm unable to guess at it just from IAS...

please, Persha...  just give us an itty-bitty throttle indicator?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Mercsn #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 973 battles

Please, Persha return the ui option that allows throttle setting indicator.  

FTFY

:great:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 102 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 28 December 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

obviously i can throttle back, but does using wep for just a moment while you were throttled back leave you back at the original throttled-back power setting?

or does it leave you at full normal power?

there's no power level indicator, and i'm unable to guess at it just from IAS...

please, Persha...  just give us an itty-bitty throttle indicator?

What's a throttle,

I'm a noob ad I am glad that WG cares enuf abote me to no cludder the UI with useless things like throttle %

I mean the logic is so backwards.

If you care enough about flying to use a joystick in this game, then you're going to want/need important info like throttle percent, gosh, even WW II pilots had engine RPM and indicators on the throttle to tell them what throttle percent they were at.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 28 December 2017 - 01:58 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

legoboy0401 #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 325 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 December 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

What's a throttle,

I'm a noob ad I am glad that WG cares enuf abote me to no cludder the UI with useless things like throttle %

I mean the logic is so backwards.

If you care enough about flying to use a joystick in this game, then you're going to want/need important info like throttle percent, gosh, even WW II pilots had engine RPM and indicators on the throttle to tell them what throttle percent they were at.

I know, right? There's a billion things I would like to have in the HUD UI, from throttle indicator to acceleration and deceleration values(well, the latter are better suited for the Hangar UI, but still, they would be helpful. I personally had to turn on the detailed altitude indicator and the detailed airspeed indicator.

Do you know where they were found? In the "advanced" settings which come with a "warning.""These settings are intended for experienced players.(now paraphrasing a bit) changing any of these settings will result in the game being near-unplayable. (that was my interpretation of what that "warning" meant.)

But, no it won't. Changing the HUD UI to force it to give you at least the bare minimum of useful information(which currently, it doesn't give you much to work with by default) is very important, and goes a long way in making the game more playable and enjoyable. But WG still thinks apparently that essential information needed in real time and in a battle is  "intended for experienced players only":sceptic:

I mean, sure. The horizon indicator is pretty darn well useless, no matter what setting it's on, relative to the plane or relative to the ground, because there really isn't a map where you have to go through near-endless clouds, and thus you can almost always see either the horizon or the ground or both.

Still, even it might be useful for a bomber on a map with relentless clouds.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users