Jump to content


need to bring back 1.9 ui and graphics for targets ....and flight model


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Arthur_Dayne #1 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:09 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 90 battles
  • 557
  • Member since:
    02-08-2013

u can do everything your doing  with the territorial combat..BUT u need to egt rid of the 2.0 UI the 2.0 plane performance and bring back everything from 1.9..it seems every plane in the game from tier IV to tier VIII performs the same... the lack of visibility blows  everything about 2.0 blows......when it comes to the blind flying..the being unable to spot other humans.... there is just noting good about the interface....I just don't know ...what a drastic change.... sure I wanted some territorial combat ..I didn't want all new plane performance measure...

 

 

the bottom line is... your making up pretend planes and giving them world war II skins... a p47 for instance could fly and perform the best at high alt...in your game....no....also the browning machine gun...that's 750 rpm...modeled right in yoru game...NO......I found jets to be fun in 2.0 prop planes almost all feel like the old UFO ship they all perform the same when you boost....I dunno man..im gonna stick to warships.... you took the knighst of the sky out of this game...and made it a mad dash to kill ground targets....and no one ever knows whats goin on its so fast paced its just crazy

in 1.9 I could clearly see well defined ground targets... now even with graphics all the way up targets are fuzzy..i could use a single button on my stick to target ground or air in crosshairs as target..... look who told yall to butcher the game.....I mean u cant even see anything cause there isn't a targeting window now....frustrated

 

even crazier is its best to just crash and die so that you have a fully repaired plane when squal hits


Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 28 December 2017 - 03:13 AM.


Fly_Time #2 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 140 battles
  • 91
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013
Its working as designed,crazy huh!

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:40 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2729 battles
  • 963
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

I feel your pain bro, but that ship has sailed and it ain't coming back. 

 

Love it or leave it as they say. 

 

It will hopefully get better, but 1.9 has gone down the river and there is nothing you can do to bring it back.  Aside from developing your own game. 



Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #4 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:24 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 819 battles
  • 158
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

As joke,  this 2.0's flight mechanism reminds me  LAPLAND snowball fight gamemode!

same insane boost, same floating planes, also it looks ridiculous.

Well,  This 'NEW' things are working as intended,  and what really persha guys want to make.  (It's great that they finally can make the game what they want, but..)

our old 1.9 is pining for fjord, and will not come back.

It is no more! It's expired and gone to meet its maker!

 

We don't have any another choice then,  'Love it' or 'Leave it'

For me, Trying to love it, but it is hard as hell.


Edited by Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya, 28 December 2017 - 04:35 AM.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

 

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant


learpilot #5 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 644
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 27 December 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

u can do everything your doing  with the territorial combat..BUT u need to egt rid of the 2.0 UI the 2.0 plane performance and bring back everything from 1.9..it seems every plane in the game from tier IV to tier VIII performs the same... the lack of visibility blows  everything about 2.0 blows......when it comes to the blind flying..the being unable to spot other humans.... there is just noting good about the interface....I just don't know ...what a drastic change.... sure I wanted some territorial combat ..I didn't want all new plane performance measure...

 

 

the bottom line is... your making up pretend planes and giving them world war II skins... a p47 for instance could fly and perform the best at high alt...in your game....no....also the browning machine gun...that's 750 rpm...modeled right in yoru game...NO......I found jets to be fun in 2.0 prop planes almost all feel like the old UFO ship they all perform the same when you boost....I dunno man..im gonna stick to warships.... you took the knighst of the sky out of this game...and made it a mad dash to kill ground targets....and no one ever knows whats goin on its so fast paced its just crazy

in 1.9 I could clearly see well defined ground targets... now even with graphics all the way up targets are fuzzy..i could use a single button on my stick to target ground or air in crosshairs as target..... look who told yall to butcher the game.....I mean u cant even see anything cause there isn't a targeting window now....frustrated

 

even crazier is its best to just crash and die so that you have a fully repaired plane when squal hits

 

2.0 is simply the worst game I have ever played.
OHIO STATE Football isn't a matter of LIFE or DEATH,its much more serious than that.

mnbv_fockewulfe #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 247 battles
  • 2,722
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 28 December 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

u can do everything your doing  with the territorial combat..BUT u need to egt rid of the 2.0 UI the 2.0 plane performance and bring back everything from 1.9..it seems every plane in the game from tier IV to tier VIII performs the same... the lack of visibility blows  everything about 2.0 blows......when it comes to the blind flying..the being unable to spot other humans.... there is just noting good about the interface....I just don't know ...what a drastic change.... sure I wanted some territorial combat ..I didn't want all new plane performance measure...

 

 

the bottom line is... your making up pretend planes and giving them world war II skins... a p47 for instance could fly and perform the best at high alt...in your game....no....also the browning machine gun...that's 750 rpm...modeled right in yoru game...NO......I found jets to be fun in 2.0 prop planes almost all feel like the old UFO ship they all perform the same when you boost....I dunno man..im gonna stick to warships.... you took the knighst of the sky out of this game...and made it a mad dash to kill ground targets....and no one ever knows whats goin on its so fast paced its just crazy

in 1.9 I could clearly see well defined ground targets... now even with graphics all the way up targets are fuzzy..i could use a single button on my stick to target ground or air in crosshairs as target..... look who told yall to butcher the game.....I mean u cant even see anything cause there isn't a targeting window now....frustrated

 

even crazier is its best to just crash and die so that you have a fully repaired plane when squal hits

 

Bless your heart A_D,

I'd thought the update had done you in.

Glad to see you kickin'.

Heck, I'd be glad to see Gang_Star, or even dityboycom at this point.

Or losttwo, I think the lights turned him off,

or Mack, he probably has his priorities on the wife and kid,

or Porkins_Jr, was the update so bad that even the guy who predicated it would happen was driven away?


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


clodhoppr #7 Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1077 battles
  • 455
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostBobby_Tables, on 28 December 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Aside from developing your own game. 

 

Hey!!

Now there is an idea!!:great:

Marco!! Get on this dude!!


Edited by clodhoppr, 28 December 2017 - 05:20 PM.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 485 battles
  • 2,903
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postclodhoppr, on 28 December 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

Hey!!

Now there is an idea!!:great:

Marco!! Get on this dude!!

be careful to use proper punctuation around him

it should read:

Marco!! Get on this, dude!!

the comma is very ^ important or the statement could be interpreted differently...

 

 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


clodhoppr #9 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:31 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1077 battles
  • 455
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 28 December 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

be careful to use proper punctuation around him

it should read:

Marco!! Get on this, dude!!

the comma is very ^ important or the statement could be interpreted differently...

 

 

 

 

OMG!!

I cannot believe I did that!



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 485 battles
  • 2,903
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postclodhoppr, on 28 December 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

 

OMG!!

I cannot believe I did that!

 

Freudian slip... happens to everyone

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


soshootmenow #11 Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:31 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 29 battles
  • 96
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    06-03-2012

I too wish they would bring back 1.9 UI, graphics, mechanics, and game mode. Simply saying the ship has sailed and not coming back is not correct. WoWP/WG can bring it back if they want to.....or are convinced to.

I have repeatedly said that 2.0 is a good idea to bring new players into the game (which was badly needed from a business standpoint). It provides an 'easy-mode' of the game, attracts new players, simple/quick/easy to learn, initially entertaining, and can let them build some skills so they would not get seal-clubbed all the time in the more demanding and rewarding 1.9 mode. They just simply need to have two modes to make everyone happy. Being stubborn and not doing this just to shove this mode down everyone's throat with no other option that everyone is screaming for is simply unprofessional, unrealistic, and uncalled for. They were finally on the right track with the 1.9 updates and tweaks. We were finally being rewarded for all of our years of patience. All the OP's stuck by this game for years with all of the failed updates, dumb bots, rubberbanding, as well as a host of other issues. But we stayed and we played. Until.....they.....did.....this. That in and of itself is telling.

To all of the OP's, I too miss flying and competing with you all. We had one of the best user communities out there in any game. It is a shame all the new kiddies may never know what they missed in the real version of this game that they could have advanced to if WG had made it with the two modes.

Miss you guys. o7 and Good Hunting in whatever game you find to fill in for this one. We can only hope that WG will one day add the real game and mechanics back as a mode. Until then.....I wish you all well.



Mind_Eraser #12 Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 16 battles
  • 1,879
  • [THIEF] THIEF
  • Member since:
    11-28-2013
wow, I can finally reply.
this site is so screwed up I couldn't reply due to under 5 battles. had to force myself to play 5 more and even then still couldn't reply

anyways I saw a video today with a few noobs posting an update on 2.0 and just laughed. they said that WT was more realistic and that WOWP was more arcady.
that was all I needed to know

I feel for you all who have accepted this version and are riding this thing out.
I've found grass greener on better pastures.
No need to bash 2.0 just wanted to drop by and say hi

https://www.gamespot...-/1100-6456052/

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users