I hate the J8M

:(

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Desmios #21 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1215 battles
so I spent all my time money and effort on a plane they gave away for free that sucks the big one!?

CamuMahubah #22 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1224 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

View PostDesmios, on 28 December 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

so I spent all my time money and effort on a plane they gave away for free that sucks the big one!?

Dude.  I've often hated a plane only to come back to it later and realize I loved it.  

Put her in the back of the hangar for now and as you move up and get used to jet aircraft you will one day brush off the cobwebs and get out your lil'rocket and realize you didn't know what you were doing.

StoptheViolins #23 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
Dang, the AI really knows how to fly it..

MagicMikeV #24 Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 861 battles
It’s a horrible plane. Garbage turning traits and the guns overheat in 2 sec and have the worst accuracy. I honestly don’t see one good thing about this thing. Mine just sits in my hanger collecting dust now. I had such high hopes for this thing but it’s a complete POS. Save your money and never buy this thing. The plane to get is the P80 Shooting Star. It’s my favorite Premium now.

Edited by MagicMikeV, 29 December 2017 - 04:04 PM.

StoptheViolins #25 Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
You need a marksman pilot trained for it.  You need to run radiator, some sort of engine protection, and optical sites.  Your targets should be heavies, fighters that above their orange line, and hitting bombers from the quarters or head on. I definitely would recommend running Universal ammo in it to make the enemy feel that burn.

ArrowZ_ #26 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

It's one of those aircrafts where you have to improve on its weaknesses. Just a few of J8M's weaknesses that may give you a hint in how to spec this jet - Health pool, Armor, gun accuracy, turning capabilities. It's not a bad idea to grab an equipment that helps with your boost cooldown rates. But consider increasing your armor as this Jet is heavily squishy and can easily lose all its health in seconds if you're unaware. Marksman as posted above is a good go to if you have issues landing those 30mms (which is apparent), and if you still can't hit with them putting sights (forgot the name) equipment will help. The J8M is best played in a basic zooming tactic with 2-3 seconds of aim time to try and land those 30mms, once you miss that window you have to escape and repeat the process. Going 0% idle throttle on the dive and on the attack is not uncommon with this jet and actually helps you give the steady aim and time you need to pepper an unaware foe. But take care not to linger too long in that state or you're toast.

Definitely not an easy t8 premium. I agree the p-80 is the superior choice and is probably the better credit earner. But if you're up to the challenge, then the J8M is one of those planes you have to grind through. Good luck!

Edit: just watched that video. The 2 biggest problems that I immediately picked up on his gameplay is his turning complete horizontal and not leading enough for the 30mms to register hits. It's going to take more than a few gameplay videos and 100+ battles to get the grasp of this jet.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 30 December 2017 - 03:17 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Mini_Marine #27 Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:01 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 1739 battles
I actually quite enjoy my J8M.

It's great for tearing up heavy fighters and multi roles, you can out run and out turn them. And at that tier, the heavies don't even have rear guns to defend themselves.

If anything gets on my tail, I just hit the boost and go vertical. There is nothing that can keep up, and if they try, you just dive on them as they stall out.

S4pp3REffecT #28 Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 539 battles
  • [151RW] 151RW
After finally getting around to testing her out, here goes...

She's a classic BnZ and her speed is phenomenal.

I'm running radiator so when climbing out, I cut engine when I'm safe and then dive again.

Avoid diving on huge blobs of enemies as you risk a stack of enemies getting shots on you.
Small blobs - ok.

If the enemy is playing properly then simply boost up and take out the bombers. The bombers should always be high on your priority list anyways. You can easily get to their altitude, just remember to come at them from good angles.

Run universal ammo, this is a must but you should easily still print credits due to being a T8 premium.

Overall she can be good fun, just remember not to play chicken with HFs, they have far more firepower.

Hope this helps

_Rumple_ #29 Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2964 battles
It might not be the best premium, might not earn the highest credits, but it's FUN to play. There's something hilarious about rocketing down on someone, blipping a few shots into them then climbing vertically while watching that player and knowing he has no hope of catching you, if you did it right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users