I'm back from the dead...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BrickSniper33 #1 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 193 battles

Hello all! So I started playing WoWP a fair while ago. I deleted the game and took an extended break because, quite simply, my computer was hell incarnate. When I went into a Dog-Fight my FPS dropped to 2! And I had the game downloaded in SD with max low settings! It just wasn't enjoyable, and I certainly wasn't being helpful to my team since 8/10 times I entered battle my game would crash and I'd be stuck in the loading screen all game.

well I'm back! Obviously. I've been putting together a Labtop for months, getting pieces bit by bit. I finally have it up and running! I can now noob out and waste my life with the best of them!

and that's quite true, as I have fully forgotten how to play this game and I've lost track of just about everything. I realize there has been a major overhaul with 2.0 (the WG b.s adverts are everywhere) but other than that, I'm blind, and deaf.  

So so could someone run me over some stuff? 

1. What big stuff have I missed since January? 

2. What are with all these damn loot boxes? They're everywhere! Are they as bull as the ones in blitz with no chances of getting anything good?

3. How big has game play changed since I left? I was a noob then, so if it's been altered drastically I'm no doubt going to be even more noobarific now.

what are all these new premiums? Which are good, which are broken af, which are pretty much useless, which are over priced and which suck?

also, if I could get a few freshening up pointers, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, BrSn33.

Life is very simple, you're either a potato, or you're not a potato.

I suck, I don't deny it. But the difference between me and a potato, is I'm attempting to improve.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• 1214 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Oh my god... you haven't heard... they swapped out World o Warplanes for a flying version of Candy Crush!

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

BrickSniper33 #3 Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Senior Airman

• 193 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 27 December 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

Oh my god... you haven't heard... they swapped out World o Warplanes for a flying version of Candy Crush!

in any other circumstances I'd start laughing, but this is WG, so I'm looking you dead in the eye and saying "are you joking, or do you mean it?" 

Life is very simple, you're either a potato, or you're not a potato.

I suck, I don't deny it. But the difference between me and a potato, is I'm attempting to improve.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• 1214 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBrickSniper33, on 27 December 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

in any other circumstances I'd start laughing, but this is WG, so I'm looking you dead in the eye and saying "are you joking, or do you mean it?" 

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

LMG #5 Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostBrickSniper33, on 27 December 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Hello all! So I started playing WoWP a fair while ago. I deleted the game and took an extended break because, quite simply, my computer was hell incarnate. When I went into a Dog-Fight my FPS dropped to 2! And I had the game downloaded in SD with max low settings! It just wasn't enjoyable, and I certainly wasn't being helpful to my team since 8/10 times I entered battle my game would crash and I'd be stuck in the loading screen all game.

well I'm back! Obviously. I've been putting together a Labtop for months, getting pieces bit by bit. I finally have it up and running! I can now noob out and waste my life with the best of them!

and that's quite true, as I have fully forgotten how to play this game and I've lost track of just about everything. I realize there has been a major overhaul with 2.0 (the WG b.s adverts are everywhere) but other than that, I'm blind, and deaf.  

So so could someone run me over some stuff? 

2. What are with all these damn loot boxes? They're everywhere! Are they as bull as the ones in blitz with no chances of getting anything good?

3. How big has game play changed since I left? I was a noob then, so if it's been altered drastically I'm no doubt going to be even more noobarific now.

what are all these new premiums? Which are good, which are broken af, which are pretty much useless, which are over priced and which suck?

also, if I could get a few freshening up pointers, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, BrSn33.

1) I didn't get to play the final months of 1.x, but 2.0 is basically a completely new game. There's also a new aircraft class in the form of bombers (which are not completely introduced yet, but hopefully will be researchable after the current event ends).

2) The lootboxes are part of an event currently going on. You pick either Allies or Axis, then play the corresponding aircraft and earn some boxes. The boxes contain anything from consumables to gold to certain missions that award aircraft free of charge. As for the chance to get what you want... yea, they're rather slim. Might as well just play to see what pops out of them instead of hoping you get one of the 5 paintjobs for one of your 15 aircraft :sceptic:.

3) As an old player from open beta and some time after release, it has changed a lot with 2.0. Like I said, it's basically a new game. Maybe theck out this thread for more information.

Hope to see you on my team :honoring:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #6 Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

welcome back and have fun!

i would recommend poking around in the forum to get a sense of the changes 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #7 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1161 battles

View PostBrickSniper33, on 27 December 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

1. January 2017, right? then

You missed Female pilots, German/Soviet multirole high tiers and it's event (Thor's hammer)

and Dunkirk pilots.  whom provide extreme bonus to their premium spitfire Mk.1A/ Bf 109E-3

2. They gives some mission that you can earn somewhat kinda of 'Pre-order' the Regular branch.

British Hawker Multirole and German Bombers.  Tier 4~6.  mission difficulty are quiet insane.  for it's tier

if you have mind to spend money to loot crates,  Go find WOT's one if you are playing World of tanks too. their's one are better.

3.They scrapped our old game and replaced it with new one.   check some patch-notes wouldn't hurt ya.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Former 2.0 stat.
7155 matches,  53.12% win rate, Hall of fame 772.

Member Title : Senior Master Sergeant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users