On ground target assists....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

comtedumas #1 Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

Assists, how are they defined?  Like if I have to do aerial assists I can shoot planes under 25% hp and let them go and if my teammate kills him I get an assist....

What do they count as an assist as it pertains to ground targets?  Scenarios: 

1. I see a building my teammate couldn't kill on his pass, and I destroy it, that's an assist, right?

2. Can I kill three building in a group and set it up for the next teammate to destroy the last building and that be an assist?  

3. If an opposing player is attacking and only kills three building in a square and I kill the last one is that considered an assist?  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

pyantoryng #2 Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2169 battles
Same principle as aerial assist - you leave targets damaged and let your allies destroy them for you. Last shot is counted towards your kill and not assist.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #3 Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcomtedumas, on 26 December 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Assists, how are they defined?  Like if I have to do aerial assists I can shoot planes under 25% hp and let them go and if my teammate kills him I get an assist....

What do they count as an assist as it pertains to ground targets?  Scenarios: 

1. I see a building my teammate couldn't kill on his pass, and I destroy it, that's an assist, right?

2. Can I kill three building in a group and set it up for the next teammate to destroy the last building and that be an assist?  

3. If an opposing player is attacking and only kills three building in a square and I kill the last one is that considered an assist?  

1. nope

2. yep

3. nope

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Mercsn #4 Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

And always remember the Golden Rule:  Don't attack ground targets in fighters (any kind of fighter be it Heavy Fighter, Multi-role Fighter, or "light" Fighter).  More on the theory here.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Wombatmetal #5 Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMercsn, on 26 December 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

And always remember the Golden Rule:  Don't attack ground targets in fighters (any kind of fighter be it Heavy Fighter, Multi-role Fighter, or "light" Fighter).  More on the theory here.

i need to record a match; I don't adhere to the golden rule strictly in my mr but need to show how judicious ga helps

Mercsn #6 Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 26 December 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

i need to record a match; I don't adhere to the golden rule strictly in my mr but need to show how judicious ga helps

There is a time and place where attacking ground targets can be useful for any class.  But, based on the thread title, the OP isn't at a point where he knows or has enough experience to determine when those times are.  Neither are most folks that would fly fighters which are capable of loading ordnance.  Which is why I say fighters, any kind of fighter (other than GA or bomber class) shouldn't bother with ground targets.  Attacking ground targets will more often than not result in an unnecessarily negative game experience (low score, repeated death) for players that don't have experience and ability to determine when these very very very few "right times" are.

And, of course a player in a GA can be very effective, especially in the higher tier ones that either chew an opponent up, if attacked from the rear, or take forever to kill, if attacked from angles that won't give the tailgun a shot.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

trikke #7 Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMercsn, on 27 December 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Which is why I say fighters, any kind of fighter (other than GA or bomber class) shouldn't bother with ground targets.  Attacking ground targets will more often than not result in an unnecessarily negative game experience (low score, repeated death) for players that don't have experience and ability to determine when these very very very few "right times" are.

He's right...      (i hate it when he's right)

light fighters are the most effective when they have 360 degrees of clear air around them

fly too low and watch 180 degrees of your clear air disappear

LFs, plan for and then do something constructive

go do something that your GA friends cannot already do much better than you

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users