Wot player new to WOWP, teach me lol

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 41 battles

My main questions are,

Whats a good premium to get as ill throw a little cash for a good premium.

I am currently down the F-86A line, P-51A right now and i don't exactly know if it was a good choice? 

If someone was to help me choose a good line or even a premium to get, i prefer a beefy, fast heavy hitter :unsure:

I played war thunder a bit, so i understand some mechanics and moves for planes. 

I am an experienced WoT player and i come to planes to exploit the universal currencies here :trollface:

Also i need some WOWP buddies as in the WoT world, we don't play planes much so i'm open to making experienced friends? 

Edited by Al_Scarface_Capone_, 24 December 2017 - 10:15 PM.

CamuMahubah #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1100 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

https://www.mmobomb....ree-bonus-codes

Try the above link.  It was working.

BAWWOWP2 is a code that will get you a Spit and. Stosser.

Also check your email for codes!  Check bulk mail too.

CamuMahubah #3 Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1100 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

Feel free to add me!

I hate to recommend a line but some will say Spitfire line while I will say Japanese Army line and German Heavy line.  

Flying Japanese Army line made me a smarter dogfighter and the German heavy's are flying tanks at the lower tiers and rewarding energy fighters at higher tiers.  IMO

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #4 Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 219 battles

For a beginner, Spitfire line and Japanese army planes as already mentioned. Honorable mention to to the Soviet light fighters. 

Mercsn #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 965 battles

The current game meta is slanted towards aircraft that turn well.  These are typically Japanese craft and spitfires.  But, I know a couple players who seem to do well in and enjoy boom n zoom with heavy or energy fighters (the mustang is an energy fighter, designed to make slash passes and use altitude to its advantage over pure turning ability).  The best line for a new player is probably the spitfire line as others have mentioned.  However, if you're doing "ok" with the p51, I'd also recommend the Lavochkin line in the Russian tree.  The La-series fighters split the difference in altitude, speed, and turning, but also have great firepower.  So, they end up being very flexible in most situations you can either outmaneuver faster or better climbing planes (or crit them as they try to escape) or you can outclimb or outrun things that can outmaneuver you (although with a turning crew skill and consumable, I had little problem dispatching spitfires with my La-series planes).

here's a site with a free codeto a tier 5 premium spitfire if you'd like a premium and to try out the spitfire (it flies exactly like the tech tree tier 5 counter-part if armed only with mgs).

As for a premium, if you like the p-51, the tier 6 UK mustang 1a is a cannon armed (4x 20mm) version of the mustang.  Although, this won't help you train skill points on your American crew.

For Americans, a hard hitting and maneuverable, while not slow craft I'd recommend the P-39n-1, which isn't currently available (and the free code alienware tie-in appears to have ended.  you might keep your eye open for this one).  The tier 5 XFL-1 has the same big nose cannon of the higher tier P-39n-1 and is also very fun to fly. However, neither is very durable, depending on maneuvering to survive and deal a lot of damage.  The Russian's still have their P-39Q premium available, but it's missing a couple mgs that the US version has (in exchange for a smidge more speed, though so you might like that).  The trick with any of these 3 is that the nose gun needs to hit (which it seems to fairly often, but hard to hit with 2 or 3 different calibers of weapons in a turn-fight).

If you want something with a lot of hitpoints that's kinda fast, but has strong firepower the XP-75 eagle might work.  But, it's low on maneuvering and won't be fun if you're not good at BnZ or try to turn fight with it.

If you're looking for something higher tier, the tier 8 UK seafang feels like a cannon equipped mustang with similar stats, except lower altitude ceiling.  Again, no help for American crews.  But, great if you like try and enjoy the spitfire.

This game isn't as simmy as the other planes game. So, mainly, drag your mouse after opponents, give the proper lead and gg.  Fancy flying maneuvers are not as effective in this game as the mouse controls make it very easy to follow opponents.

Welcome, good luck and good hunting!

:honoring:

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Dru83 #6 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• 801 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The Mustang line is fun, but tricky to get used to. They're fast, but with light armament and while they turn a little bit better than German fighters, they don't turn very well in general. So, the basic plan is get some altitude, pick a weaker or damaged enemy, zoom in super fast, shoot 'em up, and zoom away before anyone can shoot you. The downside of the P-51A is it probably has the weakest guns of it's tier. You've got to use your speed to keep you out of trouble.

If you do indeed prefer a "beefy, fast heavy hitter" it sounds like you might want to try out the three heavy lines and possibly also the multirole lines like the FW-190, Corsair, and Thunderbolt lines. They don't turn well, but they dive in fast and get out of the way fast and can hit pretty hard. As mentioned above, the Spitfire and La fighter lines have a mix of speed and turning ability, so they're good for newer players.

I wouldn't bother getting a premium, for money at least, until you've had a chance to really get a good idea of the playstyle you like. Be advised that not all premiums are awesome and none of them are OP, they're all pretty balanced for the most part. You may be able to get lucky with the current event and get a premium or two to try out for free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users