Jump to content


A BOMBER PILOT X-MAS GIFT

A BOMBING TRICK

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7496 battles
  • 463
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014
 Hey for you Bomber Pilots:honoring:, found a good bombing trick that works great. Normally I don't share secrets:hiding:, but in the "Spirit of X-Mas"  :)​ i'll give you 1. When your just about to enter your Bombing target radius,:izmena: " Pull back on your Throttle ". it will put you " On Ground Target Longer " & it will " Tighten your Cluster of bombs ":izmena:  which will  = More Damage on that ground Target. So for those of you bomber pilots who are missing your targets with 1 bomb:angry:, Miss no more. No need to drop a 2nd bomb to destroy that target, save it for that next target. Well it works great for me, Hope it works good for you also.:coin:

FreeFOXMIKE #2 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

    G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

  • Member
  • 5151 battles
  • 6,739
  • [332ND] 332ND
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
:great:

           332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

 


GasolineDream #3 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1303 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    07-26-2015
Thanks for the tip. Merry Christmas!

trikke #4 Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3626 battles
  • 3,486
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

ty brother...   but i didn't get you anything!

 

what do you recommend, maybe 50% throttle?       pretty far before the target, to allow for momentum?

 

until you mentioned this, i just used 100% throttle because i just assumed that higher altitudes meant super-sluggish, barely able to maneuver bombers would immediately stall out?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

FluffyPabu #5 Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5980 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

View Postcobra_marksman, on 24 December 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

 Hey for you Bomber Pilots:honoring:, found a good bombing trick that works great. Normally I don't share secrets:hiding:, but in the "Spirit of X-Mas"  :)​ i'll give you 1. When your just about to enter your Bombing target radius,:izmena: " Pull back on your Throttle ". it will put you " On Ground Target Longer " & it will " Tighten your Cluster of bombs ":izmena:  which will  = More Damage on that ground Target. So for those of you bomber pilots who are missing your targets with 1 bomb:angry:, Miss no more. No need to drop a 2nd bomb to destroy that target, save it for that next target. Well it works great for me, Hope it works good for you also.:coin:

 

Thought of sharing a screenshot in which I didn't follow your rules. :trollface:

 



trikke #6 Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3626 battles
  • 3,486
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpoisonousblood, on 25 December 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Thought of sharing a screenshot in which I didn't follow your rules. :trollface:

 

omg...  i've never seen that much CP from any bomber!

 

how the eff are you doing that in a T3?


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

FluffyPabu #7 Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5980 battles
  • 470
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    07-19-2012

View Posttrikke, on 25 December 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

omg...  i've never seen that much CP from any bomber!

 

how the eff are you doing that in a T3?

 

by doing the exact opposite of what OP has said.

trikke #8 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3626 battles
  • 3,486
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postpoisonousblood, on 25 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

by doing the exact opposite of what OP has said.

 

oh snap!       

 

but it does make sense to slow down to aim more precisely


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Wombatmetal #9 Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1141 battles
  • 1,045
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2013

View Posttrikke, on 27 December 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

 

oh snap!       

 

but it does make sense to slow down to aim more precisely

 

Slowing down to won't work on high level bombers. Yesterday I was in my Do 217M, just a mid tier, dropping bombs and boosting for all I was worth while doing it with a Beaufighter trying his best to send me to the Pilot's lounge.

 

Here is a decent game I had, not quite in the same league as @poisonousblood. Would have capped more if my team could have kept from dying, but that's the drill sometimes

 



FIight #10 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5069 battles
  • 744
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015

that secret is useful for A-26 and RB-17 which are loaded with multiple crappy bombs, 

but virtually useless for Do-217 and Blenny: as long as you drop the bomb while your

circle turns yellow, it will hit. The necessity to slow down in RB-17 is due to that it has certain

delay from the moment you hit to drop to the moment you drop all 6 bombs. So slowing down

helps you make your circle stay on targets while you are dropping. Speed has no influence 

on accuracy basically.



StoptheViolins #11 Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2181 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Salvo dropping just means drop starting at leading edge or corner and finish when the last salvo bomb drops. You'll need to sort it out on your own based on altitude.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users