Sigh. Might as well hope for gift bags from non-existent friends, because my game is broken and supp...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

The title says it all.   :facepalm::angry::(

All I really wanted for Christmas was a shiny new German Bomber to mess around with, my very first bomber.

But alas, it was not to be, for a torrent of bugs and one giant glaring issue overshadowing the smaller ones has prevented me from being able to play the event at all.

I mean, if I had friends in this game, I'd ask for some gifts, but I don't have any friends here yet.

When my computer attempts to load me into a battle, I just get a black screen and what sounds like waves crashing gently against a seashore(for whatever reason). My plane gets in there just fine, but I don't. Basically all I can do is bot, and I don't want to bot!:sceptic::angry:

WHY O WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN WHEN AN EVENT IS ON, ESPECIALLY AT CHRISTMAS TIME!?

I hate support. They always take so long to reply back when you need them the most.

:unsure: I only wish you could see my face right now, then you'd understand my frustration and agony at this. Unfortunately, there is no emoticon here which could capture the full depth of disappointment and facedesking I am feeling right now.

Where is support? No, seriously, WHERE ARE THEY?

I need a Christmas miracle at this point to save the day, and unfortunately, WG.net's miracle workers are off work. :facepalm:

In the meantime, how is my baby, the amazing looking, very promising stats-wise Do 17 Z? Hopefully it's not garbage. I'm going to be so sad if I have no bomber by the new year. All I want is to have a plane of every class by the new year, and it's looking less and less likely that that is going to be a reality. I have 2 heavies,  2 GAAs, 1 multirole, and 4 fighters, but no bomber.

It's looking like I will have to abandon World of Warplanes until whenever support gets back to me. I can still see things in the hangar, I just can't play them until these issues are finally resolved.

Hope everyone else is having a fun time with Skies of Albion, because I can't play it.:(

Merry Christmas though, and have a good rest of the year.:great:

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

mnbv_fockewulfe #2 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

And I'll just complain on my really long keyboard..........

I'm with you brother, I was really hoping to participate in the Axis vs Allies event (even though the event is broken, I enjoy the concept).

maybe when support answers our tickets we can flight up and I can show you some pointers.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

legoboy0401 #3 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 22 December 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm with you brother, I was really hoping to participate in the Axis vs Allies event (even though the event is broken, I enjoy the concept).

maybe when support answers our tickets we can flight up and I can show you some pointers.

What planes you got? I'm stuck on Allied because I have no Axis planes above Tier III. So yeah. I'm planning to play the SNCA SE 100 Heavy Fighter for the most part, and maybe every now and then my Spitfire 1a and XFL-1 Airbonita.

On the plus side, I just bought a crate and I got a Do 217 M Rear Gunner. Now I just need the Pilot and the Do 217 M itself. It's not what I was hoping for(my maximum premium Tier is V and my maximum regular tier is III(not due to skill, due to not having any premiums for a while to boost my credit income to acceptable levels, and no, I don't usually run consumables unless I have free ones standing around collecting dust.))

But still, not bad really, and it's kind of cool to have a bit of what's required for a bomber.

It's promising. I should have known better though, I couldn't have really gotten any blueprints from(that's what the special missions for the British Battleships in WoWS were called) those crates, and they would have been worthless to me had I gotten them, as I most likely won't be able to get the game going again properly before tomorrow's confrontation starts.

Edited by legoboy0401, 23 December 2017 - 02:57 AM.

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Catch21 #4 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1992 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postlegoboy0401, on 23 December 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

What planes you got? I'm stuck on Allied because I have no Axis planes above Tier III. So yeah. I'm planning to play the SNCA SE 100 Heavy Fighter for the most part, and maybe every now and then my Spitfire 1a and XFL-1 Airbonita.

Count your blessings and for God's sake, stay stuck- on Allies. Nobody has a prayer playing Axis, unless you can carry an entire bot team. And see this thread to feel a bit better, you're maybe not missing much except a world of pain and frustration.

Edited by Catch21, 23 December 2017 - 02:59 AM.

legoboy0401 #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 22 December 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

PrincessTerik is also in/on our boat/club/tree branch/whatever as well. Man, our numbers sure are growing, aren't they?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
:child:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

legoboy0401 #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostCatch21, on 22 December 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Count your blessings and for God's sake, stay stuck- on Allies. Nobody has a prayer playing Axis, unless you can carry an entire bot team. And see this thread to feel a bit better, you're maybe not missing much except a world of pain and frustration.

Do you know what I call the SE 100? The Flying Taco. Because it looks a bit like a taco with wings from the back. The rear of the crew compartment is shaped very much like a taco.

Man, I can't wait to play the SE 100. I've heard great things about it.

legoboy0401 #8 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 387 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 22 December 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

:child:

Merry botmas to all on the Axis side of Skies of Albion. This event is seriously screwy.

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCatch21, on 23 December 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

:playing:

I'll take that as a challenge!:izmena:

Oh wait, we're playing conquest mode, nvm:P

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 231 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlegoboy0401, on 23 December 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

On the plus side, I just bought a crate and I got a Do 217 M Rear Gunner. Now I just need the Pilot and the Do 217 M itself. It's not what I was hoping for(my maximum premium Tier is V and my maximum regular tier is III(not due to skill, due to not having any premiums for a while to boost my credit income to acceptable levels, and no, I don't usually run consumables unless I have free ones standing around collecting dust.))

But still, not bad really, and it's kind of cool to have a bit of what's required for a bomber.

It's promising. I should have known better though, I couldn't have really gotten any blueprints from(that's what the special missions for the British Battleships in WoWS were called) those crates, and they would have been worthless to me had I gotten them, as I most likely won't be able to get the game going again properly before tomorrow's confrontation starts.

I've got 30 plus planes in my hanger, I can fly anything up to what you got.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 348 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlegoboy0401, on 22 December 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

Merry botmas to all on the Axis side of Skies of Albion. This event is seriously screwy.

Merry Christmas,

peace on earth to you, your loved ones and all people... the game is not worth the worry

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CamuMahubah #12 Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1213 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

Did you uninstall the game and then reinstall?

Dude9872 #13 Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

Senior Airman

• 1182 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 22 December 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Do you know what I call the SE 100? The Flying Taco. Because it looks a bit like a taco with wings from the back. The rear of the crew compartment is shaped very much like a taco.

My roommate and I call it the cow because of the desert camo. I didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me. That rear gun is brutal.

Catch21 #14 Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1992 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View Postlegoboy0401, on 23 December 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

I think of it as the 'Flying Banana' myself... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users