bombers need something else to do.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

xxBigbacon #1 Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• 120 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

everything else can pretty much fight planes and shoot/bomb ground targets.

I do like playing the bomber I have but sometimes it really feels like you are not having any impact for your team. I can loiter around a red base all round and bomb every target and keep doing so as soon as they pop up and I am doing nothing to help.

maybe each place should have some really hardened ground target that is immune to gun fire and takes LOTS of bombs or a lucky well placed bomb (think death star) to destroy which when destroy it great help take the area or even messes up the AA and defense craft? 

Something.

CamuMahubah #2 Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1213 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

Sky whales need baths.  Sky whales should return to their natural habitat...the sea.  

Bathe your Sky Whale today! 

Mercsn #3 Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

You need to go to a target zone where you do not have any teammates.  You are having an affect on capturing the zone.  But, your bots (or human teammates) are dying in the zone and undoing your progress.

If you need something else to do, bomb at lower altitude and manually use the tailgun/turrets to shoot enemy planes.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

pyantoryng #4 Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles

View PostCamuMahubah, on 22 December 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Sky whales need baths.  Sky whales should return to their natural habitat...the sea.  

Bathe your Sky Whale today! 

I sure wonder what would Heh have to say about these evolutions of Sky Whales that are bombers...

---------------------------------

You can...

Take a base on your lonesome...no one will give any points to enemy but your own death that way. Once you fly high enough you are actually invulnerable to anything that is not player controlled.

Go down and contribute your turrets to the air fight, perhaps distracting some fighters away from your teammates.

Intercept enemy bombers. You can fly as high as they do.

Bomber life is just like that...doing battle on your lonesome...fight in your own way...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Martymart1976 #5 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2727 battles
  • [FK] FK
I serve drinks and show an in flight movie when their arenomore targets to bomb ⚓

vcharng #6 Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2176 battles

Well I think he's talking about the problem of current bombers: chronological distribution of their firepower.

From later bombers like these German ones I think WG is trying to deal with this problem (some report claims that Ju-88A could wipe out a position in one pass), so... yeah, I think we could just wait and try to be patient, the whole damn bomber category is still very young, you know.

StoptheViolins #7 Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
i'd use the A-26 to hunt Ju's and Do's.

legoboy0401 #8 Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles

View PostStoptheViolins, on 22 December 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

i'd use the A-26 to hunt Ju's and Do's.

The A-26 might be able to give a Ju 88 A a run for it's money, but a Do 217 M will give you problems. Namely, he can out climb you.

Not only that, but if he's smart(and got a 3 point skilled rear gunner for the Do 217 M) he'll be running the gunner skill Defensive Fire, which will reduce the damage you do in to him in the A-26 as long as you are under fire, oh and YOU'LL BE UNDER FIRE FOR A VERY, VERY LONG TIME.

If he gets enough of a headstart, he can even get his undercarriage gun firing at you. Now, that won't do much damage(it's only one lonely gun, and not one with the best damage rating either) but as long as it's firing at you every armament(including your own defensive gun turrets) you carry except bombs will be gimped.

Oh, and you can forget about using bombs against a Do 217 M. They climb faster, even without boost, so the altitude needed to get above a Do 217 M and bomb it is going to be very hard to get unless you can damage his engines.

Stick to what the A-26 is good at, I recommend: baiting out(by bombing enemy ground targets like you are supposed to in a bomber anyway) enemy heavy fighters with what looks like easy meat, and then turning around and ripping them to shreds with the 6 0.5 inch guns in the nose.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 247 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostxxBigbacon, on 22 December 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

everything else can pretty much fight planes and shoot/bomb ground targets.

I do like playing the bomber I have but sometimes it really feels like you are not having any impact for your team. I can loiter around a red base all round and bomb every target and keep doing so as soon as they pop up and I am doing nothing to help.

maybe each place should have some really hardened ground target that is immune to gun fire and takes LOTS of bombs or a lucky well placed bomb (think death star) to destroy which when destroy it great help take the area or even messes up the AA and defense craft?

Something.

I suggested letting the player manage the fuse times on the bombs so you had to account for what altitude you're flying at. But that was ignored.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users