Guide to Controntation Events - Skies of Albion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Okay, two new things this time around.  One: I hope to have seriously improved the quality and clarity of my voice-overs with a new Steelseries gaming headset courtesy of the Freelance Influencer program from WG.  Thanks, guys!

Secondly, I wanted to get ahead of the Skies of Albion event to explain how confrontations work to our newest pilots.  This will be the third or fourth one I've done, and all my knowledge on how to come out ahead in these events is shared in my dialogue.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 22 December 2017 - 03:19 AM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Zhoyzu #2 Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 463 battles
ill watch this in a bit then appreciate it. But is the event a duration based thing where its accessible for X time then on cooldown for Y time?

MagusGerhardt #3 Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZhoyzu, on 21 December 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

ill watch this in a bit then appreciate it. But is the event a duration based thing where its accessible for X time then on cooldown for Y time?

That's correct.  It lasts for three hours, then 21 hours off.

Special missions and blueprints you get from the crates must be completed during the off time before the next day's confrontation or they expire and you lose the chance to get whatever plane they offered.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Zhoyzu #4 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 463 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 21 December 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

Special missions and blueprints you get from the crates must be completed during the off time before the next day's confrontation or they expire and you lose the chance to get whatever plane they offered.

had a moment to watch the video, very informative. thanks!
Will these blueprints be reasonable to complete for a newer player?

legoboy0401 #5 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 21 December 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

I have an important question: are they complex, time-consuming, arduous mission chains or simple, easy enough singular missions? If the former,:sceptic::(:angry: screw me. I'll have to wait until the end of this event to get the new bombers, and I'll get almost nothing from this event. If the latter, :great: yay, nothing(or almost nothing) to worry about, and these new planes should be easily attained.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

Zhoyzu #6 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 463 battles
if i play axis planes outside the event time will i be ok or will that be somewhat detrimental? i dont have any axis aircraft lol

legoboy0401 #7 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles

View PostZhoyzu, on 21 December 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

if i play axis planes outside the event time will i be ok or will that be somewhat detrimental? i dont have any axis aircraft lol

I do, but all at a maximum of Tier III, not Tier IV, which is the minimum tier required to take part in the event.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

Wombatmetal #8 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 754 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 21 December 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

This is a problem WG had in tanks with Clan Wars; and ships with Clan battles...

I am West Coast. It's over before I get home from work. How do I participate?

Probably the most irritating thing in the game to me.

Legion_of_Boom25 #9 Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

Senior Airman

• 378 battles

Thanks for the info MagusGerhardt. Very informative and i learned more from your follow-up as well.

Also, have a good time on your vacation :)

Hurry and get to T4 Zhoyzu...Get in the mix :izmena:

Edited by Legion_of_Boom25, 21 December 2017 - 11:41 PM.

Wombatmetal #10 Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

• 754 battles
Home from work, and the guide was helpful. Thanks

MagusGerhardt #11 Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:19 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Addendum published and added to OP.

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZhoyzu, on 21 December 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

No; nothing you do in between Confrontation Battle times counts for anything event related.  Fly whatever you want, but when the battle begins...pick a side and stick with it to the bitter end!

View Postlegoboy0401, on 21 December 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

I do, but all at a maximum of Tier III, not Tier IV, which is the minimum tier required to take part in the event.

Getting to tier IV from III shouldn't take long; buckle down, do it and get involved in the event.  The awards are very worthwhile for a new player.

View PostDestroyer_Suzukaze, on 21 December 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

This is a problem WG had in tanks with Clan Wars; and ships with Clan battles...

I am West Coast. It's over before I get home from work. How do I participate?

Probably the most irritating thing in the game to me.

Yeah; this event is beginning earlier in the day than in the past.  I don't know if they're figuring on people being off for vacation?  But still, bad timing in my book.  "Hey, we know you're busy as heck with the holidays and your family, but we have a special event for you to participate in as well."  I share in your frustration; I'm only going to get to play this session and won't be able to so much as log in until middle of next week.  Oh, and I'm glad you found the video helpful!

Smokemifyougotem #13 Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:25 AM

Airman Basic

• 3955 battles

I was lucky enough to get the ME 109TL in my loot. Problem is, I can't complete the first mission to claim it.  The missions states

"1. Invincible

Awarded for assisting in destroying at least 12 aerial targets in a single battle."

Of course you have to use a tier IV-X plane to accomplish the missions.
I used a tier IV fighter and shot down 15 targets and got 5 assist points, nothing

I thought maybe only assists count, so I flew a battle and got 13 assist points, nothing

I tried two other planes in different tiers and nothing.

This is my first time participating in one of these events and I'd love to be able to accomplish the missions and get a free plane, but this just isn't working for me.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for the thread and videos.

legoboy0401 #14 Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 389 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 21 December 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

No; nothing you do in between Confrontation Battle times counts for anything event related.  Fly whatever you want, but when the battle begins...pick a side and stick with it to the bitter end!

Getting to tier IV from III shouldn't take long; buckle down, do it and get involved in the event.  The awards are very worthwhile for a new player.

Yeah; this event is beginning earlier in the day than in the past.  I don't know if they're figuring on people being off for vacation?  But still, bad timing in my book.  "Hey, we know you're busy as heck with the holidays and your family, but we have a special event for you to participate in as well."  I share in your frustration; I'm only going to get to play this session and won't be able to so much as log in until middle of next week.  Oh, and I'm glad you found the video helpful!

Well, I have it better.:sceptic::facepalm: Still the only thing in WoWP I can do is bot. No, seriously. Every time I try to play a battle, my plane loads in successfully but I do not, and WoWP crashes and will crash upon log-in until that battle is over:sceptic:. :angry:

Rinse, repeat. It's very boring and doesn't do much for me. Besides, I have new planes I want to play, but right now I can't play them because I can't get into a battle in control of my plane to save my life right now:facepalm::angry:.:(

Spoiler

ExploratorOne #15 Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1643 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1

There seems to be an issue with the missions:

http://forum.worldof...any-us-players/

Edited by ExploratorOne, 25 December 2017 - 01:49 AM.

SlickChickII #16 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 498 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

The guide was very helpful, thanks Magus. Love the other youtube videos as well.

As far as the event, I think tonight is the last night of for me. Had a lot of fun, but I've been beaten into submission. Just can't hang with the hotshots yet. With more time, and practice, I'll get there. Just not now.

trikke #17 Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1866 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i have yet to fly in a confrontation, due to family constraints 

but it does look like fun!

ty, Magus      always classy!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

comtedumas #18 Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:23 AM

• 4222 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSmokemifyougotem, on 21 December 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

I was lucky enough to get the ME 109TL in my loot. Problem is, I can't complete the first mission to claim it.  The missions states

"1. Invincible

Awarded for assisting in destroying at least 12 aerial targets in a single battle."

Of course you have to use a tier IV-X plane to accomplish the missions.
I used a tier IV fighter and shot down 15 targets and got 5 assist points, nothing

I thought maybe only assists count, so I flew a battle and got 13 assist points, nothing

I tried two other planes in different tiers and nothing.

This is my first time participating in one of these events and I'd love to be able to accomplish the missions and get a free plane, but this just isn't working for me.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for the thread and videos.

it’s a bug, put in a ticket with support about it.  

SkyWolf__WM #19 Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2698 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Thanks Magus.
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

MagusGerhardt #20 Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:45 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 451 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 27 December 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Thanks Magus.

Good to see you, SkyWolf.  :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users