Missing Closed Beta Emblems and 'blank' emblems

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Lagarb #1 Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 564 battles

Missing:

I just bought a couple planes while the 30% off event was running.

Bf 109 G - Neither my Beta nor Closed Beta emblem are not available to put on this plane (Just so happens I did have this plane 'in' beta)

Spitfire V - I have both of above emblems available for this plane 'and' a free paint (I don't recall having this plane in beta)

Mosquito - I also have both emblems are free paint for this plane (did not have this in beta)

I also recently purchased the BV P 210, and this also doesn't have either emblem available.

Blank:

I bought the Ju 88 P a few days ago and it has a 'blank' emblem. It's where the 'silver propeller with wings' emblem is on all other planes, so I'm guessing this is just a missing icon from the game files.

I've read a few people saying that the beta emblems are not available as of 2.0 for newly purchased aircraft; but considering I literally just bought the Spitfire and Mosquito, mentioned above, and 'both' of them have the emblems, I'm at a loss of what could be the reason.

Mercsn #2 Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 947 battles
Several other bugs threads on missing emblems, beta or alpha tester, in particular.  Apparently, a feature of 2.0.  I've had some newly acquired (post 2.0) craft have them show up but most newly acquired craft do not have them available.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

pyantoryng #3 Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 876 battles

View PostMercsn, on 21 December 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

Several other bugs threads on missing emblems, beta or alpha tester, in particular.  Apparently, a feature of 2.0.  I've had some newly acquired (post 2.0) craft have them show up but most newly acquired craft do not have them available.

Seems like the exception are premium planes that existed prior to 2.0...I got Fw 56 post 2.0, and it has both parade camo and tester emblems.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Bubba_Zanetti #4 Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 884 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postpyantoryng, on 21 December 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

Seems like the exception are premium planes that existed prior to 2.0...I got Fw 56 post 2.0, and it has both parade camo and tester emblems.

Seems logical, except I acquired the A6M3 (exp) and SE 100 post 2.0 and neither have the emblems.  The Stosser does though, as you say.  Seems random...like much of what WG and Persha do.

So the plot thickens....

Mercsn #5 Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 947 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 21 December 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

I just picked up the beaufighter yesterday and it gave access to my Beta emblem.  So, it's not just a premium thing.  Also, I picked up the P-38f, which wasn't even a thing last I played the game and it allowed the Beta tag.  Unlike the beaufighter, I never flew the P-38 before.  It really seems to be a random thing with some just having the switch flipped on or off, as the devs will.

I picked up a Boomerang, which I had never flown/owned before and it had access to the beta emblem.  I picked up a Meteor, same nation and also premium and it did not have the emblem available.  (Neither craft was available in Beta).

Edited by Mercsn, 23 December 2017 - 11:40 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

CaptToshiro #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 406 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMercsn, on 23 December 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

I just picked up the beaufighter yesterday and it gave access to my Beta emblem.  So, it's not just a premium thing.  Also, I picked up the P-38f, which wasn't even a thing last I played the game and it allowed the Beta tag.  Unlike the beaufighter, I never flew the P-38 before.  It really seems to be a random thing with some just having the switch flipped on or off, as the devs will.

I picked up a Boomerang, which I had never flown/owned before and it had access to the beta emblem.  I picked up a Meteor, same nation and also premium and it did not have the emblem available.  (Neither craft was available in Beta).

I have the same problem when I bought a new fighter, and didn't use the Closed Beta Tester emblems on few of my planes. I want those Closed Beta Tester emblems back.

FlakValleyExpress #7 Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• 17 battles

WG is pulling the Beta emblems. Not revelate with the Conquest mode.

Block Quote

Grenoli # 235      Posted Yesterday, 02 Jan 2018 - 19:51

Block Quote

Prince_Mio (01 Jan 2018 - 21:23) wrote:

Q. I did not understand. Why is it impossible to put the emblems of the tester (OBT) after the release of the 2.0 release into the hangar, to be more precise, it is not on the emblem lists? Is this a bug or such an idea?
And will they produce camouflage for testers, or are all about such as we decided to forget?

A. This is the implementation - in 2.0 these emblems are not supported. No, we do not plan to release camouflage for beta testers.

RU WoWP forum source link

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Bubba_Zanetti #8 Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 884 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Block Quote

Grenoli # 235      Posted Yesterday, 02 Jan 2018 - 19:51

Block Quote

Prince_Mio (01 Jan 2018 - 21:23) wrote:

Q. I did not understand. Why is it impossible to put the emblems of the tester (OBT) after the release of the 2.0 release into the hangar, to be more precise, it is not on the emblem lists? Is this a bug or such an idea?
And will they produce camouflage for testers, or are all about such as we decided to forget?

A. This is the implementation - in 2.0 these emblems are not supported. No, we do not plan to release camouflage for beta testers.

So confused..some planes show the emblem, hence the emblems are supported obviously since they show up in the paint tab list and on the plane.  I recall reading a Vice article  about this drug that ate the flesh of it's addicts in Russia..is this what's going on over there?  It would explain much... :amazed::facepalm:

And why was zoom mode removed when in free camera mode before and during battle.  Preolia didn't seem to understand my questioning her on this during her live twitch a couple weeks ago.  Did they outsource alpha-1.9 and only now they're actually involved with coding the game?

Whatever, I'm on vacation, away from this -37 wind chill crap about to hit the Greater Toronto Area...

Nihtwaco #9 Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 93 battles
  • [DSA] DSA
One severely pissed off Beta tester I want the emblems back.

hoom #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2107 battles

Under what circumstances are the Beta emblems supposed to be present?

And what does the beta one actually look like?

This is what I have available on the beta I-15 plane

Some of them are recent post 2.0/this xmas & available on all my planes.

There appears to be a 2nd anniversary & a couple of WG 15years.

I wish there was a description/tooltip with details (also for paintschemes)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Bear_82 #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 31 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

yes, a tooltip would be nice for those of us with more than a few; my options on the I-15bis DM :

Spoiler

I've circled the two Open Beta emblems; the Closed Beta are similar (wreath is closed at the top on the first, open is changed to closed on the second)

hoom #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2107 battles

You got a huge number of options :amazed:

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users