Lack of Fun Factor?

salt losing frustration bittersnark scrublord matchmaker install FPS WG luck

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #1 Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

Unlike some others, I'm having issues running the game when my PC should be amply capable; I keep turning down the graphics settings but it may take two to five games before WoWP gets stable, if even then.

I'm also having to fight my connection, especially for maps like Archipelago which apparently has a massive optimization problem, contributing to/causing like 5-15 FPS or less running a GTX 950!

For the first few battles on that map, once the flak guns and AA start going, I might as well just go back to hanger because trying to fly the plane makes it no less of a free kill for the red headhunters than being AFK.

Then later everything (might) start working and FPS is 24-45 plus; but until that happens, adding the stupid loss rate potential into the situation, I'm almost to the point of smashing the damn thing or just uninstalling.

Even when there wasn't a patch, I do a defrag and optimize once a week and here yesterday started doing the cache clearing before starting the game app; WG Center is always off.

Once upon a time I broke down and clean reinstalled Warships twice, which helped nothing at all, so I will never be doing that for planes.

Yet it all makes no difference, as not only am I often unable to sway a match towards either a win or loss, I'm never even sure if the game itself is going to run and stay running in the first place.

I want to have fun, do well with consideration for my capability, and occasionally win - it shouldn't be, or at least I don't think it should be, this difficult to accomplish that every time I try to play one of the Wargaming titles.

As for the effing matchmaker in WG titles, my gawd & frak me, how is it possible to so randomly not only put me against significantly better players but to put ALL of them in a match on one team a majority of the time?

Just like with Warships there doesn't seem to be any room or opportunity for the average player, even without all of the other issues, among the overall player-base; and luck, if you don't have it ye be screwed.

TL;DR - Lashing out at way too many folks in-game or post-game; just ''git gud'' or quit again scrub, would you like some cheeze with dat vhine?

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 20 December 2017 - 08:33 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

FluffyPabu #2 Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5979 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

This game is still isn't that optimized because as far as I have heard it is using only a single core of a processor which might be a possible reason to drop massive fps during explosions et cetera.

But, we are all humans and we like to blame for everything. I am running this game on my Lenovo yoga tablet pc with intel 620 graphics chipset and I am still having fun with 30 fps and below. Since I am away from home I cant bring my rig with me so i have to stick with my laptop and I cant say if i would have the same fps issue with my 1070. This is a mmo, there will be tough competition between players, so before blaming a mm about putting an average joe into a team against unicums, teach yourself how to outsmart your opponents, learn about the game mechanics about capping base, AA guns and flaks, different aircraft strengths and weaknesses et cetera. Game gets very enjoyable when you planned and executed and get a successful result.

I personally don't care about wins because I have noticed that even if I lose a battle, I get almost equivalent score of a winning team, which is not the case of WoT and this change from WoT to WoWp made me super happy.

Edited by poisonousblood, 20 December 2017 - 08:03 AM.

Furysghost #3 Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

Have you by chance ensured all your device drivers are up to date?

Do you have a capable pc for WG titles... actually your CPU is on the low side for gaming imo? The older AMD cpus were never very good for WG games WG titles seem to run best on i5 or i7 minimum quad core or better intel but the new AMD ryzen cpu seems to work fine.

ls your router/modem up to std? lf wifi how many devices run off it?

Wifi or lan?

ls you internet fast enuf you can test that ... http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

War gaming rig info ... https://eu.wargaming.../kb/articles/52

My personal rig built by myself runs a l7-4770K quad core O/clocked l easily get 60 fps with a old GTX-770 GPU card.

Zhoyzu #4 Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 488 battles

havent had any issues myself. 

WoWs MM is fine and quite balanced. WoWP MM seems to be alright as far as i can tell

SpiritFoxMY #5 Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4304 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
My only frustration right now is freezes and crashes but I'm trying to figure out if its my line or the servers

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

trikke #6 Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 20 December 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

My only frustration right now is freezes and crashes but I'm trying to figure out if its my line or the servers

try pingplotter, but i'll guess that it's just your distance from the server...   aren't you based somewhere near Australia or Indonesia? (i think i remember?)

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Mercsn #7 Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2270 battles

Do you have these issues in other, non-WG titles?  When you play, have you used anything like Speccy (from Piriform) to monitor your systems temps to make sure that maybe something isn't running hot and degrading performance?  When playing, have you left performance monitor running to see what resources the game is using up (ram, cpu, gpu usage)?

Have you investigated if other users of the EVGA 950 have had similar FPS issues with this or other titles?  What resolution do you run at and have you tried running it in a lower resolution?  This may sound like hardware snob, and I definitely don't intend it that way, but 950 is barely a step above Integrated graphics these days. It's almost shameful that Nvidia released such a card, with the 960 already out and that really being the entry level card.

As someone else mentioned the cpu might not be capable of what you're asking of it.  I'm not familiar with the variety of AMDs chips, so I can't comment on that.  Have you looked into what kind of results other people using the CPU have with WG's titles and/or other games?

I ran this game on medium graphics at 1080, 4 years ago on a laptop with a radeon 5870m...at 10-25 fps.   Currently, at high settings at 1080p, with a 980m  (equivalent of somewhere between a 960 and 970 desktop gpu) I get a max of 45 fps and when flak starts popping and enemies are nearby, I can have dips into the low teens for a bit.

Also, internet doesn't affect framerate. So, your connection quality is not a factor in fps dips.  The card you're using may not like handling water shaders, for some reason, along with it being maxed out.  Start with letting performance monitor and some sort of hardware temps monitor run while playing the game.  Tab out and see what things look like.  You may just be stressing what the hardware is capable of at whatever resolution you're running.  Or, something may be running hot and have degraded performance.  If you're PC is a few years old and cpu is running hot you may need to take it apart and reapply thermal paste to it (or it may not have been done correctly). 

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

trikke #8 Posted 20 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 20 December 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Unlike some others, I'm having issues running the game when my PC should be amply capable; I keep turning down the graphics settings but it may take two to five games before WoWP gets stable, if even then.

mine too!   i hesitate to ditch all of my tier 3s, because of the 3-4-5 battles it takes until the mini-freezes go away completely

in t3, the freezes are only annoying, not deadly like in higher tiers

if i find that i need to restart my pc just before i start wowp, i have begun to fly my t3 bomber until they stop, because mini-freezes don't bother me as much in a bomber

my hard drive is probably the slowest cog in my chain of components that create flying pixels, so maybe that's the issue?

i've also found that if i leave my pc running for hours before i want to fly, there's no mini-freezes at all, from the first battle on forward...   go figure

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4304 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 20 December 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

try pingplotter, but i'll guess that it's just your distance from the server...   aren't you based somewhere near Australia or Indonesia? (i think i remember?)

Located in Malaysia, so yes; Indo-Australia therabouts. It only seems to happen late at night (my time) which is midday stateside and its a horrific issue with 100% packet loss - yesterday I had a Stosser game where I spend three minutes dealing zero damage to anyone because my packet loss rate was 80 - 100%. The system just showed me flying around firing futilely at ADFs for a few minutes before I got frustrated and just reset the damn game. 

I've had a few instances where, for a few seconds, I got booted from the game because "connection to server lost" and upon attempting to log in again got told that the game was "Unable to locate Server IP"

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #10 Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postpoisonousblood, on 20 December 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

I personally don't care about wins because I have noticed that even if I lose a battle, I get almost equivalent score of a winning team, which is not the case of WoT and this change from WoT to WoWp made me super happy.

On this note, I prefer to get a defeat where I fight tooth-and-nail to a win where I wasn't able to do much. It's very ironic that on some odd matches I get to capture the whole map, just to leave with what barely counts as pocket change as my reward (turns out there IS something as being too effective :amazed:)

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5188 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
In the Priolia stream she talked about some optimization that made the game run better on older systems, but this same optimization actually caused issues on better systems.  They are aware of it and are working on a solution.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Furysghost #12 Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3561 battles

For a lot of folks their modem or router or both are culprits a new up to date router is a must now.

Service providers modems are not always the best either.

Excellent info on internet and how it affects gaming  https://www.simplify...eed-for-gaming/

Also tagged with salt, losing, frustration, bittersnark, scrublord, matchmaker, install, FPS, WG, luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users