patch update

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

comtedumas #21 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4220 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostThe_World_Needs_A_Hero, on 19 December 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

We have to go through the mission and loot box crap for new planes.....AGAIN? How about you just unlock everything, and let people do the missions as a voluntary thing to get the planes for free if they want. This game, for all intents and purposes, is still very much on life support. I'd think it would be in WG's best interest to not do stuff like this. Yeah, missions are pretty cool for a nice premium reward plane, like the Seafang, P80, and I-180-3 were in recent years. But, tech tree planes? I'll just go play tanks until middle of next month and come back when the trees are unlocked. 

Imagine if you tried something like this in tanks? The players would literally revolt. 

oh, quit [edited].  

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #22 Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View Postpyantoryng, on 20 December 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

It's a source of gold....

In my experience with MMOGs over the years worthwhile non-participation rewards can often only be obtained by the already dominant players, already luck folks, and those with deep pockets if the last is an option.

The problem with rewarding the highly skilled/play till they drop or outrageously lucky is that they are also usually the rip through content until the next expansion folks who are at best transient, albeit often intense, players.

I haven't decided as yet, given that I don't fit into any of the three brackets, whether or not my Xmas gift to myself will be to just uninstall Warships and Warplanes for good.

It's not like there is a lot holding me in either game anymore, nor is WG providing much any incentive to keep bothering.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 20 December 2017 - 11:48 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

AKAFallenAngel #23 Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 1035 battles
Has anyone heard how long the event last each day?

Edited by Alpha1958, 21 December 2017 - 12:54 PM.

Cyberdog52 #24 Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 704 battles
Do you think it would be too much trouble to display the "Airplane Experience" value without having to go to the "Updates" screen?  Why was it removed?

Pogo68 #25 Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1541 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Has anyone been able to get the update in NA?

I've been getting this "Unable to handle...." message in the WG Game Center since this morning.

It's gone so long that the WoT update launched and has bumped the WoWP update down to the wait queue.

*update*

WoT update completed, WoWP update in "unable to handle" error hell.

Edited by Pogo68, 21 December 2017 - 07:36 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Zapperguy #26 Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Currently playing the event on the EU server. If you all pick Allies, you'll face just bots - easy win.

:great:

StoptheViolins #27 Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles

Whoops looks like the start time is 1800 EST vs 2000 EST.

Notes:

T4-10 only

Pick a side, then fly axis or allies planes.  Random initial choice is available.  5 tokens to switch side. (clear)

Flying in any specific faction plane gives you "loot points" (scoring TBD)

Winning teams get bigger loot (clear) Winner and loser reward sizes not really clear (TBD)

Zapperguy #28 Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

We won, and I earned 4 crates on the EU server. Got a Tornado, some sparklers, & some fireworks, etc :sceptic:

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #29 Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostGhostPrime, on 19 December 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

As some of you know we have an exciting update coming soon!

Added two new locations with 12 new map layouts:
Peripheral Mission - Winter location available for tier VII-VII battles
Road to Rome - Summer location available for tier VII–X battles

On first impression these maps are awful small for those tiers plus should probably have been for at most tier V, but definitely lower, and having command centers or military bases on top of even more bombers in the match.....

They also don't work without a majority of the team being humans, as the bots lose their capability to stay concentrated more quickly than usual - so whichever side loses less bots first is probably going to have an easy win.

I don't know about most others, but having to zerg from spawn into near instant contact ad infinitum while unreachable bombers flatten everything in sight is boring; I'm not sure why y'all at WG can't seem to understand this.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 21 December 2017 - 11:18 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

vcharng #30 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2141 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 21 December 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

We won, and I earned 4 crates on the EU server. Got a Tornado, some sparklers, & some fireworks, etc :sceptic:

Did you get any axis things (or did you actually choose axis while getting a Tornado)? cause I'm wondering if you need to be on the axis side to get axis planes, and vice versa.

Vradin #31 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2516 battles
Is the ability to earn achievements suspended during the 2 hours of the event ? For instance getting 16 k in combat points and not getting awarded "Winged Legend" nor the token for it, I also noticed I wasn't getting rocketeer awards as well. Anyone else notice this, or is supposed to be like this for the event ?:amazed:

the1skate #32 Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:59 AM

Airman Basic

• 247 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH
Either the game timers are completely wrong or the website is completely wrong on the Skies of Albion times.
The website says Skies of Albion starts at 5PM PST (8PM EST).
The in game timer says it starts at 6PM EST tomorrow (3PM PST).
BUT today, 12/21/2017, I know that it ended at 9PM EST.
SO, what are the REAL start and stop times for Skies of Albion please?

Lt_Huber #33 Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:43 AM

Senior Airman

• 735 battles
  • [RUEN] RUEN
Wow seriously this event is only available for 2 hours a day at specific times? That seems incredibly short sighted to me. My work schedule conflicts with almost all those times, so now even on my time/days off I cant play the event. 

Lonewolf2622 #34 Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Airman Basic

• 206 battles

View PostPogo68, on 21 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Has anyone been able to get the update in NA?

I've been getting this "Unable to handle...." message in the WG Game Center since this morning.

It's gone so long that the WoT update launched and has bumped the WoWP update down to the wait queue.

*update*

WoT update completed, WoWP update in "unable to handle" error hell.

Same here. I've been stuck in that message for a while now. What's up with that? 

Pogo68 #35 Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1541 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostLonewolf2622, on 21 December 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Same here. I've been stuck in that message for a while now. What's up with that? 

The issue on my side was a corrupt update file

Delete the files in World_of_Warplanes_NA\Updates, the ones that are the most recent.

Clear the cache and reboot your pc.

Reopen the Game Center and restart the update.

It should find that there are some missing files and you can use the game center to fix the problem and download the missing files and update the client.

Also, for some reason WGCheck does not work for me, it can't fix the files.

But if you go to the game center and go to game settings select check and repair, that works.

Edited by Pogo68, 22 December 2017 - 06:51 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Zapperguy #36 Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Postvcharng, on 21 December 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

Did you get any axis things (or did you actually choose axis while getting a Tornado)? cause I'm wondering if you need to be on the axis side to get axis planes, and vice versa.

I was on Allies, but I don't think the side matters for the crate contents. I also got a "special mission" with 3 very challenging parts for a J8M, but they only give you 24 hours to complete it. :sceptic:

xxBigbacon #37 Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• 120 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

this whole event is a sham and a half.

if you get a special mission in a box you can't complete it without a T4 bomber. ONnly way to get a T4 bomber is to pay money or pay money for gold to convert into tickets to complete the last part. 

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #38 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Just like when I tried Axis/Allies for the Pacific Threat event choosing ''random'' to clear the window out of the hangar so I can keep playing apparently means ''place me on the Axis side'' two for two picks now.

I want to say as well it was around/at least day three (if not four or more) before WG got the handicap feature to actually work.

I ended up playing by accident on Saturday, or I would've had to wait to play and lose what time I had to spend on it; random choice made during the event with about two hours to run picked ''Allies''.

Four loot crates (two for 155 points, doubled by win) netted:

- Aerial Verification,

- Ground Verification,

- 2x Heavy Duty Control Surfaces, Improved Radiator II, & 50x gold,

- 1,500 Free XP & 2x First Aid Kit.

Four loot crates (two for 185 points, doubled by win) playing with folks who weren't on earlier in the day (Tuesday) netted:

- 2x First Aid Kit,

- 2x Weapons Cooling, Ordnance Delivery Sight II, 1,500 Free XP,

- 500 Free XP, 2x Automatic Engine Restarter,

- Aerial Verification, 20,000 silver, (3) points pilot for Hurricane II.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 27 December 2017 - 06:36 AM.

5801234590.png

MaciekRS #39 Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

Airman Basic

• 799 battles
Today on EU same even start as yesterday 80000 - 80000, no handicap so Allies won easily once again.

gwdlee #40 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Airman Basic

• 1473 battles

Where did the aircraft experience points go?

Also tagged with patch, update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users