F7U Cutlass or F-84F Thunderstreak?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Aircraft (10 members have cast votes)

Which of these two lines do you prefer?

1. F7U Cutlass (Corsair) line (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. F-84F Thunderstreak (Thunderbolt) line (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Gloryhund #1 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 38 battles
Two American multiroles that still have pretty starkly different stat ideals (I'm also sorry for the constant stream of topics like this... I f**king love comparisons) and lines leading to them. But which do you prefer? Which speaks to you more deeply? Which line of planes suits your playstyle more, and why?
I'm a dreamer, I'm a memer, I'm a midnight schemer

StoptheViolins #2 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
Although not on your list I just want a F-94d with the Vulcan.  Even though the in-game plane depicts a 2 seater which the D prototype was not.  Maybe once they get the right model in they'll sell the C model as a premium?

Of your two, the F7U since it has good boost and bigger bite.  The specs remind me of an undergunned XP-58 which is a blast.

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

• 2729 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Pogo68 #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1541 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostStoptheViolins, on 17 December 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Although not on your list I just want a F-94d with the Vulcan. Even though the in-game plane depicts a 2 seater which the D prototype was not. Maybe once they get the right model in they'll sell the C model as a premium?

Of your two, the F7U since it has good boost and bigger bite. The specs remind me of an undergunned XP-58 which is a blast.

You don't want the original F-94.

F-94A:
4 x 12.7mm Browning M3 machine guns in forward fuselage

F-94B:
4 x 12.7mm Browning M3 machine guns in forward fuselage
4 x 12.7mm Browning M3 machine guns in pods underwing (optional)

F-94C:
24 x 2.75-inch Mighty Mouse air-to-air folding-fin aerial rockets underfuselage.
24 x 2.75-inch Mighty Mouse air-to-air folding-fin aerial rockets in wing launchers.

The F-94D I think had the same armament as the 94C but added bombs.

Edited by Pogo68, 18 December 2017 - 07:08 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Toggle #5 Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 2586 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGloryhund, on 18 December 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

Two American multiroles that still have pretty starkly different stat ideals (I'm also sorry for the constant stream of topics like this... I f**king love comparisons) and lines leading to them. But which do you prefer? Which speaks to you more deeply? Which line of planes suits your playstyle more, and why?

There was a time the F7U ruled.  Now, it's speed is less a effective and it's time to turn is brutally slow against most others.  It is fast, you can get in drop ordinance and get out.  I thought it worked well against heavies and bombers as well.  The cannons don't seem to evaporate targets like it used to.  I may be wrong.

The F84-F carries a good load out and can turn pretty well.  It's down side, like most of the American planes with MG's, you have to get up close and personal to be effective.

Honestly though, the sample size of battles I have at tier X is pretty skimpy.

Edited by Toggle, 18 December 2017 - 08:38 AM.

pyantoryng #6 Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1469 battles
Cutlass just for the Vulcan Starfire on the way...and remember, machine guns struggle in 2.0.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #7 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostGloryhund, on 18 December 2017 - 01:32 AM, said:

(I'm also sorry for the constant stream of topics like this... I f**king love comparisons) and lines leading to them.

I like threads such as this because it gives me some idea of which line to possibly grind out that at least works in-game if I ever decide to go after an VIII to X.

The biggest reason I'm hesitant about so many planes at those tiers is how low an altitude rating most have, when even my limited experience playing both most recent versions has been everything climbing at all tiers.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 18 December 2017 - 04:09 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Gloryhund #8 Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

Senior Airman

• 38 battles

I will say from an IRL perspective coming at this, I wouldn't touch the F7U with a ten foot pole. 

Maybe that should influence my decision, or maybe not?

SpiritFoxMY #9 Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1878 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGloryhund, on 19 December 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

I will say from an IRL perspective coming at this, I wouldn't touch the F7U with a ten foot pole. 

Maybe that should influence my decision, or maybe not?

The only things that should influence your decision are playstyle and interest in planes along that line. Some people just make bad planes work, some planes fit certain playstyles and sometimes what is considered a "good" plane simply doesn't produce enjoyable gameplay for a pilot. 

Pick the one you really like the looks of - the tree as well as the planes. After all, if you're going to be spending weeks grinding out a line, you might as well enjoy it, right?

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Gloryhund #10 Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

Senior Airman

• 38 battles

F7U looks more like a slower, undergunned heavy with a vendetta against ground targets.

I can't figure out the F-84F.

StoptheViolins #11 Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

• 1470 battles
I've change my vote to the F-84 Dirt Hog.  It's got enough payload to take out a few ground targets, then it's decent enough to take on some fighters.  I do however wish the range on the 50's would get a bump.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users