Don't leave a GA to its own device...

human_ga plant

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

pyantoryng #1 Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1303 battles

...or this will happen...especially when there are plants around...

Spoiler

Took the lone plant and solo'd the command center near enemy spawn (north; I was on south team) and nobody gave a bloody f...my health wasn't even in the red zone by the game's end (almost there though).

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Quesnel #2 Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 581 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Nicely done :great:

cobra_marksman #3 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2597 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 December 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

...or this will happen...especially when there are plants around...

Spoiler

Took the lone plant and solo'd the command center near enemy spawn (north; I was on south team) and nobody gave a bloody f...my health wasn't even in the red zone by the game's end (almost there though).

Based on their high scores  ( 30,000 ) to your( 8,000 ) it appears, that they were on a solo daily mission, ( Bombers or defensive planes ) & didn't really needed  or cared about winning the round. Their  required daily mission probably had nothing to do with " Must Win  " & nothing  to do with, capping or holding any bases. A good & easy win for you with very little pressure. Take it when you can, & don't look back.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 17 December 2017 - 07:14 PM.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #4 Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2309 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Nice - and one of the reasons I've been playing my Fw190 more as a roamer once I help out at the first two or three capture areas; I can't usually survive a defensive scrum anyways in that plane.

Like with your game, teams just can't leave a human player in an IL-20 to fly without interference.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 17 December 2017 - 11:01 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

LMG #5 Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1469 battles

View PostSoylent_Red_Isnt_People, on 17 December 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Nice - and one of the reasons I've been playing my Fw190 more as a roamer once I help out at the first two or three capture areas; I can't usually survive a defensive scrum anyways in that plane.

Like with your game, teams just can't leave a human player in an IL-20 to fly without interference.

I second this. I can capture a mining facility with my IL-20 from full with a single U-turn pass. Even the german GAAs can do some serious work when in the right hands (and those can go anywhere on the map in the blink of an eye :izmena:)
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1532 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
190 Dora is a solid choice for GAA hunting. I'm still slowly working my way through the 88P... :/

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Mercsn #7 Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1069 battles

View Postcobra_marksman, on 17 December 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Based on their high scores  ( 30,000 ) to your( 8,000 ) it appears, that they were on a solo daily mission, ( Bombers or defensive planes ) & didn't really needed  or cared about winning the round. Their  required daily mission probably had nothing to do with " Must Win  " & nothing  to do with, capping or holding any bases. A good & easy win for you with very little pressure. Take it when you can, & don't look back.

The XP economy is so free, right now, that even in tier 7 and 8 you can find players that don't really understand the dynamics of the game mode and what will result in a win (or the don't care).  That's my favorite type of win.  One where the red team has a guy or two shooting fighters that keep streaming into their central zone, while I go and capture the outlying zones (usually in a fighter, though, unlike pyan's example).

It's almost hard to call those games a loss though because it is terribly fun to just sit in a zone and blast mindless bots (and humans) that keep trickling into that one zone.  And...often, if the enemy team doesn't have someone smart enough to go and steal outlying zones, it will result in a win.  Again, it comes back to the player racking up that score not actually realizing what causes a win.  And...if in their mind a win is wrecking lots of bots and having a good personal score, then they did "win".

./shrug

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

LMG #8 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1469 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 December 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

190 Dora is a solid choice for GAA hunting. I'm still slowly working my way through the 88P... :/

Just a heads up, the Me 265 works a lot differently to the Junkers. I highly suggest getting the bombs first and advice on the reargun second.
This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Also tagged with human_ga, plant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users