''Daily'' Missions in 2.0; a list plus a mini-Glossary of Warplanes Terminology.

daily mission token Free XP Silver Reward Tier sortie combat group battle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #1 Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1353 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Intent: a thread to see and discuss the ''daily'' missions as to which are worth attempting, which are unrealistic, and strategies to accomplish the requirements.

- this will be updated as I get or see different missions.

Daily missions have three stages which show the tiers of plane that can be used to complete the conditions of that stage and earn the listed rewards.

Low tier rewards are for planes I to IV, Mid tier rewards are for planes V to VII, and High tier rewards are for planes VIII to X, but tokens are awarded only if all stages of a daily mission are completed.

Once per day a single mission can be exchanged for a new one by clicking the double circled arrow button on each mission line visible if you hover the cursor on that selection.

Missions with no progress in all stages are automatically exchanged after the server resets at [1:00] AM PST - [4:00] AM EST.

Missions with all stages completed for the aircraft players have in their hangar are likewise automatically exchanged after the server resets.

- (I.E. if a player has no high-tier planes, but has completed the Low & Mid tier stages, the mission will be exchanged for a new one.)

Players will always have only a single 1-token, 4-token, or 10-token daily mission in their list.

[1] Token Missions

Spoiler

[4] Token Missions

Spoiler

[10] Token Missions

Spoiler

x

* Missions with duplicate requirements but different names in their token bracket.

Glossary of Terms (discrepancies exist between the wordings of ''Aircraft-type Specific Missions'' & the requirements for ''Daily Missions''):

Spoiler

x

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 11 February 2018 - 09:05 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

CamuMahubah #2 Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1190 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

I had the 1 token mission to shoot down six bombers from a bomber flight for like two weeks because I could not get it done in the I-IV tiers.  

It drove me insane because I could get no command centers when I was in my FW 57 or Bf 110 B.  And I didn't even wanna play them.  I was hoping to knock the mssion out.

I jump in my Ki-27 and yep..Command Center bomber festival.

Lol I even tried chasing bombers in my Stosser in fit of air rage once right after 3 games in the Bf 110 B.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #3 Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1353 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

That one in particular is unclear on whether or not only bombers spawned by a Command Center count for completion, or if bot/player-controlled bombers count as well.

Enough folks have mentioned the command center issue though for me to lean towards attack flight meaning those spawned versus those on red; which is a term discrepancy between dailies and chevron requirements.

I routinely see the command center Archipelago map at tiers III through V, and sometimes even at II (ugh), but I'm rarely in a position to chase bombers even if the plane can climb so high and cause enough damage.

And to date my best ground targets destroyed in a battle has been only seven or eight, half the requirement, for just a silver reward.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 16 December 2017 - 02:34 PM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

Catch21 #4 Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1656 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

3 more- some of these are unclear:

Fall of Titans (1)- Destroy the required number of aerial targets when defending sectors in a single battle (It says 0 of 5 for uncompleted, but why bother if you've got to kill 5 aerial targets in a single battle? If it was 5 battles, surely it should say HOW MANY aerial targets per battle)
Caution and Determination (4)- Become one of the top 3 in the combat group by damage caused to aerial targets in the required number of battles (5). The battle result counts only if you win.
Take by Storm (10)- Earn the required number of combat points (40K) when capturing military bases.

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #5 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1353 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

View PostCatch21, on 17 December 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

- some of these are unclear:

Thanks; Fall of Titans appears to be in the same category as Earn Your Wings, as I never did figure out exactly what/how to progress that one (0 of 3 battles or 0 of 3 planes?) so it got replaced on server reset.

Translation problems on top of unclear game conditions?

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 18 December 2017 - 03:15 AM.

5801234590.png

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1353 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Price of Victory (1 token) appears to be broken, as even in pure fighters destroying zero (0) ground targets is being counted towards one of the required number of battles for a won match.

I imagine it has something to do with ''become one of the top 5 in the combat group by the number of destroyed ground targets'' condition.

Not sure if Hail From Heaven (4 tokens) is broken too, as I skip that one as soon as possible.

I was going through some screenshots here today, deleting & whatnot, and found one where my P-23 had gotten +350 Combat Points of credit towards Soaring Hawk, having done no damage to any ground target.

Likewise, in that same match I also got credit for Hail From Heaven, apparently just because blue won.

Definitely something questionable going on with those ground attack dailies.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People, 10 February 2018 - 09:25 PM.

5801234590.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users