World of Warplanes: Conqueror

name of the 2.0 name of 1.9

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Einssniper #1 Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1450 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Since 1.9 and 2.0 are fundamentally different games (despite same planes in the tech tree)

I propose to rename the 2 versions. To make the game attractive you need different names right?

WOWP 1.9: World of Warplanes: The Road to ACE

WOWP 2.0:World of Warplanes: Conqueror

It would be great if we could have both...

P.S. like battlefield series

Edited by Einssniper, 16 December 2017 - 03:40 AM.

jack_wdw #2 Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21 battles
You got my support

CamoCladWarrior #3 Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 61 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Or we could call them what they are...

WOWP 1.9: World of Warplanes: The challenging game of skill and sudden death version.

WOWP 2.0:World of Warplanes: The mindlessly fly around between arbitrary points hoping not to get killed too many times before one team or the other randomly happens to meet whatever vaguely defined goal they are supposed to achieve version.

A little long winded but I believe they accurately convey the different types of game play...

Edited by CamoCladWarrior, 16 December 2017 - 11:31 AM.

K1OXD #4 Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 504 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostCamoCladWarrior, on 16 December 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Or we could call them what they are...

WOWP 1.9: World of Warplanes: The challenging game of skill and sudden death version.

WOWP 2.0:World of Warplanes: The mindlessly fly around between arbitrary points hoping not to get killed too many times before one team or the other randomly happens to meet whatever vaguely defined goal they are supposed to achieve version.

A little long winded but I believe they accurately convey the different types of game play...

​Could some you of pilots that are in the 60% or higher win bracket shed some light on this so that we don't have to mindlessly fly around and randomly guess what it takes to win?

clodhoppr #5 Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 434 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostK1OXD, on 16 December 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

​Could some you of pilots that are in the 60% or higher win bracket shed some light on this so that we don't have to mindlessly fly around and randomly guess what it takes to win?

Do what your bots do...

...actually, there is some truth to my silly remark.

The bots tend to group up regardless of whether they are attacking a sector or a group of bombers. They also tend to return from where they were shot down and move on from there.

Besides defending a sector, flying off by yourself will almost surely get you shot down.

Know which sectors to attack and which ones to ignore for the time being. Although the Industrial Sectors get you lots of points over time, it doesn't make any sense for a fighter to attack it because there are no "defense" planes.

In my opinion, attacking and capping sectors is important especially during the beginning of the battle. Defending sectors is important once your team has captured the majority of the sectors and/or reaching the "squall line" time.

However, again in my opinion, probably the most important factors is having the ability to shoot and destroy targets quickly, and staying alive. Accuracy in 2.0 is essential. The more enemy targets you eliminate, over and over again, while at the same time trying to stay alive, the less influence the enemy will have on capping and defending sectors. I don't fly attack planes but I assume this is important for them too.

Accuracy really comes into play after the squall line and you can eliminate your enemies for good.

With that said, for the majority of the battles, I am dumbfounded why we won or lost...

Edited by clodhoppr, 16 December 2017 - 03:18 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users